Ratings for Dr. Jenny C. Hu

I found Dr. Hu to be very through in my examination. My regular dermatologist is on leave and I was apprehensive to see someone else but Dr. Hu exceeded my expectations. She was excellent in all areas.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

I had an appointment with Doctor Hu in August 2015. She was recommend to me for a condition that I have and that she could possibly be able to assist me with. My consultation was less than 5 minutes long (which can be viewed as good and bad) and told me she would contact me soon whether or not my insurance would cover the procedure I need done. After months of speaking with the staff and never hearing back, I gave up on Doctor Hu. After almost 11 months after my appointment, I received a large bill from UCLA billing. After speaking with billing and my insurance, they both suggested I try and contact the office. I was able to get ahold of the office manager who was impatient, rude, and unwilling to assist me in any way. The professionalism (or lack thereof) the staff is something Doctor Hu and UCLA medical should be concerned with. It is disheartening to know that after 11 months after my consultation I have no answers and a large bill. I would highly suggest another office and/or dermatologist.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

I had Moh's surgery at Dr. Hu's office this week. From the moment I entered the office, the staff was comforting and kind. Her nurses were patient with my questions and nervousness. I know Dr. Hu was busy that day, but her level of concern honestly made me feel like her only patient. She took the time I needed to answer my questions and was very sensitive to my anxiety about the procedure. Each time I had to go back for more, she explained where she had to cut and why. I have seen many doctors in my life and she stands out as the most genuine and concerned. She even followed up with me by phone the next day. Her waiting room was full of patients who, like me, had great things to say about her. No matter where Dr. Hu goes, I will travel to her if I am unlucky enough to need Moh's surgery in the future.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

I have mixed feelings about Dr. Hu, she is pleasant enough and seems knowledgeable but she misdiagnosed a fairly simple skin cyst that two other doctors diagnosed who I visited for other issues. I am a skin cancer survivor and spend a lot of time at with dermo's, I can't afford a Dr. who misses the simple stuff. I tried Dr. Hu because she is closer to my home than UCLA, not worth it. Her staff is not great, I can deal with an rude staff if they get the job done - they didn't. I had a billing issue that they wouldn't help me with.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

unfortunately, she left. she was my favorite doctor.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

Great service. Medi-cal insurance can be really tricky because some doesn't cover.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2009

Dr. Jenny C. Hu's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 2007)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal