Ratings for Dr. Nancy J. Arikian

I have been a patient of Dr. Arikian for six months and have been very happy with my progress. I chose her based on her the information on her website http://nancyarikian.com/ and especially with the integration with mindfulness in her practice. The initial reason I went to see her was due to my anxiety, which was not severe, but was starting to get worse and I did not want to continue down a path where I was seeing my world get a little bit smaller over time. She spent time getting to know me, learning what I’ve tried before and then helping to set my goals. It always felt as if she cared about me, tailored a plan for me and was helping me to move at my own pace. She was very good at clarifying what I was trying to say, tying threads together to see if they were related and proposing options. She also worked with me to greatly reduce a phobia and also helped with my insomnia. She’s not a forceful therapist but is an effective one who will move at your pace. I’m happy to have found her.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

I worked with Nancy for about 4 months and it was a complete waste of time and money. I was experiencing difficulty with my teen and it was causing major anxiety in me. I finally found another therapist and he insisted we partake in family therapy in order to make progress. He was right and we made huge improvements in our relationship and in my anxiety. Nancy was useless and I don't see how she will make it as a therapist.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2010

One of the worst ever. She didn't even try. I can't believe she gets paid for what she does..which is nothing.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2010

I worked with Nancy over the course of a year to address some anxiety issues I was having that were related to life changes and some past trauma. She was friendly and warm, but we really made no progress. I eventually left and found someone else. I needed a more intense therapy than what she had to offer (otherwise known as intense CBT.) I think that after a year of treatment and limited success she should have been able to recognize this. It was a year wasted when I could have started recovering much earlier.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2009