Ratings for Dr. Gary E. Kaplan

After 8 1/2 years of misdiagnosis, in 2 visits Dr. Lisa Lilienfield found out what was Really Wrong with me. She is a doll...good listener, starts from square one instead of relying on other doctors' reports, aggressive in diagnosis and treatment. Her staff? The Best. I think they are hired not only for their medical knowledge but also for their personalities. Funny, caring people.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Very helpful with digestive, autoimmune and skeletal issues. Switched to a membership model after he wrote a book, but other docs in his practice are excellent too.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

Dr. Gary is the best diagnostician out there. Been seeing him since 1988, and know many of the staff very well. They are the best!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2013

Excellent experience. Life saving diagnois and protocol. Willingness to keep digging when all the easy answers were dismissed. Unlike numerous other doctors who put me on meds that temporarily addressed the problem, sent me for physical therapy that did more harm, or told me I needed to see a psychiatrist. He's golden in my book.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2012

I had a great experience with Dr. Kaplan recently. He is a very understanding, patient, and compassionate doctor who took his time with me and really gave me a different perspective on my health issues. I felt very comfortable in his office. It was a nice, clean, uplifting atmosphere and his staff was friendly and professional. The amount of time that I spent with Dr. Kaplan was unprecedented... I'm used to quick appointments with my other doctors unfortunately. I would highly recommend Dr. Kaplan & the Kaplan Center.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2011

Dr. Kaplan is an excellent physician and his support staff is super. I was suffering with migraines and back pain. He used acupuncture and osteopathic medicine on me, and prescribed medications that were very helpful.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2011

Dr. Kaplan is a very helpful, caring doctor who uses integrative medicine (including acupuncture, osteopathic manipulation and supplements in addition to conventional medications and treatments). He specializes in chronic illness and pain. Although the cost of care is expensive (and they don't directly take insurance), it's worth it if you have a complicated health problem that you're not getting resolved through traditional means.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2010

Dr. Gary E. Kaplan's Credentials

• Des Moines Univ, Coll Osteo Med & Surg, Des Moines Ia 50312 (Grad. 1980)

Kaiser-Permanente