Ratings for Dr. Matthew M. Ryan

I love Dr Ryan, his nurse Tara and his receptionist Paula. He has been very kind to me and my husband goes with me to my appts. I have epilepsy and reoccurring shingles. I don't believe any of the bad reviews on this dr as Tara has always called me back promptly. Dr Ryan is excellent and my former neurologist who retired told me that I had searched on the internet and would do excellent with his care. He is very knowledgeable and has always treated me with respect and never heard a foul word come from his mouth. I have multiple health issues and he had ordered tests for me to rule out many things. I am sad that someone would write such a mean review when I've seen the total opposite in this office from every single person who works there. My former neurologist was excellent and I felt very confident when he told me I would receive good care from this young but very knowledgeable neurologist. I will stick with Dr Ryan as I'm old enough to be his mama and know he will carefor me till the end. Love him and all his staff! I've seen probably over 10 neurologist for over 35 years and only dr Ryan and 3 others were worth seeing in my opinion. There are some whack drs out there but Dr Ryan is not one of them!!!!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Don't listen to the negative reviews. Dr. Ryan was extremely kind and professional, and genuinely cares about his patients. He took his time explaining each test he ordered, the results, and answering any questions I may have had. He is extremely knowledgeable and thorough, I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Very knowledgeable, punctual, and friendly. I did read some of the older "comments" and it is clear that there were no legitimate complaints. If there were, that individual would have taken to the board and not meaninglessness trolled via online, anonymously.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

I highly recommend this Dr one of the very best I have ever had. A very understanding and caring physician.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2016

Dr. Ryan spent far longer with me than I ever expected, was kind and professional, explained everything in detail, was not at all rushed, and appeared genuinely concerned about my condition and developing the best plan to deal with it. He is smart, seems to keep up with the latest research, and appears to know the importance of working with your other physicians to get you the best care possible and hopefully put an end to whatever the issue is or at least control it so you can function in life. His staff and nurse were kind to me as well, so I don't know where anybody is getting the idea they are rude. Not true in my experience, and I didn't see it with anybody else either. Whoever keeps putting in negative reviews for this doctor (who sounds like the same person on all these sites) is giving very inaccurate information about him. If you think you have all the answers before you go in and just want an MD rubberstamp to put on it or are just looking for a pill mill, then he's not your physician. But if you are truly interested in discovering what is wrong and the best way to address it, this is the type of doctor you need to see if you have a neurological problem. Dr. Ryan is an excellent physician and I'm grateful for the care he's given me so far.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

This is Dr. Ryan and I would love the opportunity to respond to these.... As a physician I am bound by HIPPA and cannot legally divulge medical records of others...These three negative responses are clearly the same person. No I am sorry this office is not a drug dispensory and I do NOT hand out opiate narcotics to those that seek them.... If you feel strongly leave your name and sign a release and Ile be happy to discuss your case online....Ime guessing that wont happen....Good luck and I encourage you to find a doctor that will be happy to prescribe you narcotics unnecessarily.......

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

I totally agree with the other ppl who has rated Dr. Ryan as a quack. He in no way cares about his patients,, just the money. I researched Dr. Ryan before my first visit and was blown away by how bad his ratings were , I though 2 myself you cant believe everything you read and hear , if this Dr. Ryan is really that bad then I just don't see how he is still able 2 practice medicine, Because if you're a person having major problems, and there problems enough 2 have 2 be seen by a Neuro doctor witch in my eyes is you putting your life in the hands of this Doctor has got 2 be good, When it comes 2 a persons brain that there is nothing 2 mess around with, your brain pretty much controls you as a person and controls every movement / every action your body makes so when your problem is bad enough 2 have 2 be seen by a Neuro Specialist you're pretty much putting your life in that Doctors hand and your life ISN'T ANYTHING 2 MESS AROUND WITH but I guess with Dr. Ryan you as a person and you trying 2 live a life as normal as possiable means NOTHING 2 HIM and his actions toward his sick patients just blows me away, I've NEVER seen a so - called Doctor be this HEARTLESS AND COLD toward a person in MUCH NEED of a Doctor that knows what he's doing ,, I should have known how this DOC was going 2 be because the Doc that sent me 2 him is pretty much in ALL areas the same as Dr. Ryan,, WTH is wrong with Doctors these days? They only care about the MONEY they don't care about you as a person who happens 2 be sick. I was refered 2 Dr. Ryan because after 15 plus yrs after having a head on MVA and suffered a major closed head injury I started having seizures, the hospital done a CT scan and found a spot on my brain, I knew of the spot because this wasn't the first time a CT scan showed the spot Dr Ryan then ordered a EEG that 2 showed problems, A couple yrs ago after having an EEG the test came bk fine but now the EEG showed problems after the EEG test came bk as not being normal Dr. Ryan ordered a MRI thats been a lil over 2 wks ago and I haven't heard anything bk from this wack Doc, I call him everyday and NEVER do I hear bk from him, guess he's scared of breaking a bone if he was 2 pick up the phone 2 make a phone call, I've left Sara many messages and still get no respect on a returned phone call, I guess I matter nothing 2 them, I have such bad headaches I don't even want 2 get out of bed and this wack Dr does nothing in order 2 control my pain, I guess he gets off on seeing his patients in pain, and the 2 or 3 ppl that has rated Ryan as a good Dr has got 2 be in some way kin 2 him and or works in a hospital setting, why else are the 2 - 3 ppl out of 25 plus more getting better care than those who aren't? These ppl get returned phone calls ,, Treated as if their made of gold, and not having 2 live in pain like the rest of us do. Wen first seeing Ryan that jerk off asked '' why are you on so much dope''? Really MF you're going there, because my left leg was put together with 20 screws and rod, my left are has had 3 plus surgerys and put together with 25 plus screws and rod this ass Doc said '' I have screws in my foot and I'm on my feet all day everyday and it doesn't cause me any pain '' well good for you Dr. Ryan, would you like a cookie with your name on it? Not everyone is the same you jerk off, don't you dare compair me and my pain 2 you because if you was hurting you're not gonna have 2 worry much about hurting because you can get wat the hell you want wen you want it, so don't even go there with your sorry ass story. Anyway, seeing as if I don't matter enough 2 get a phone call bk on how my MRI turned out, and pretty much been told I don't care if you're hurting is only going 2 cost this mf ,, I've printed out ALL the reviews , witch show this Doc needs 2 find another job because he's not caring enough about his patients and I'm sending all I've found 2 the medical board ,, then 2 my Atty for malpractice.

Submitted October 14, 2015

Was refered 2 Dr. Ryan for having a spot on my brain, He ordered an EEG witch showed something wrong so then he ordered an MRI ,, its been over a week and haven't heard anything bk on how MRI turned out. He also likes seeing the ppl he claims 2 care for in pain, he will not for nothing give you anything 2 ease the nightmare you're going threw, this man should not be in anyway a Doctor, he is no good, treats the ppl he takes care of like road kill , I really don't know how he is still able 2 practice med, It just blows my mind that a doctor could be this sorry, smh. He needs 2 be turned in 2 the medical board so they could strip him from being a so - called doctor. If everyone would get together and file against him he may start being a good Doctor but with that being said I'm laughing so hard I almost wet my pants.

Submitted October 13, 2015

Went to see Dr. Ryan for intense headaches. Explained everything to him & he pretty much told me that I'm too young to have the problems I was describing. He ordered an MRI & after I had it done I never heard anything back about the results. I called his office 2 weeks later & the lady told me "oh yeah... it showed that nothing is wrong". I am a nurse & I'm just so baffled at how this doctor keeps patients. He was rude, pushy, & he rushed through my appointment without even caring what I was going through. He's clearly only a doctor for the money. He has no interest in caring for people. I would never see him again & definitely wouldn't recommend him to anyone.

Submitted October 13, 2015

Dr. Ryan and staff could not have been any more unprofessional had they tried. I have had mulitple surgeries on various parts of my body requiring me to see specialists in a variety of fields. Never, have i ever had a Dr. drop the F bomb while being evaluated. At this time i was not capapble of driving myself. Not only was this offensive to me, my mother was present. Not to mention I began showing side effects to the medication and i was simply told nothing was wrong and the medication did not have the side effects described. After consulting 3 different Pharmacist associated inside and outside of his hosital ALL agreed the problems were linked to medicine. Now call me crazy but 3 pharmacist and my uneducated self who is capapble of putting 2 and 2 together. I was not having any probelms until i started this medication.. BUt it could not be the meds in Dr. Ryan's opinion. I call ed with concerns about another problem and his "office Manager" started laughing at my concern. I would not recomend Ryan to my worst enemy. After leaving his practice and getting a feel for how the rest of the medical field felt about Dr Ryan it was almost unanimous the lack of respect for Dr Ryan throughout the medical community inside Norman Regional Hospital./

Submitted November 17, 2014