Ratings for Dr. Kimberly P. Walpert

Was told I would see the NP, but also the Dr. I never got to see the Dr! The NP did my medical, then left to discussion my case with the Dr. she retuned tellimg me that the Dr did not recommend surgery (as another neurosurgeon had) because I wouldn’t get the results I wanted. First, she never came in to discuss what results I wanted, so how could she know! Another neurosurgeon has been recommending surgery for a year and referred me to Dr Walpert because she is closer to my home. What a mistake!!! How can you say you can’t help someone because you won’t get what you want when you don’t even talk with them personally!!!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

I had a great experience with Dr. Walpert. I had a successful laminectomy 35 years ago, but needed another operation. After dealing with pain for about 2 years, I finally had surgery 1 month ago. I was up and walking the next day and have been pain free since. Dr. Walpert was very professional, empathetic, and is an incredible surgeon. It does take a few months to see her, but it was worth the wait.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

Second surgery done for me by DR. Walpert.; 1st in 2009, 2nd in Feb, 2018. After first, laminectomy was pain free for 81/2 years. This time; 3 disc laminectomy. Pain free almost from day of surgery. She considered my needs, was very straight-forward. I have and will continue to recommend her to anyone who asks.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2018

I had extreme back pain for years. My chiropractor recommended going to see Dr. Walpert for surgery. It was the best decision I have ever made! She performed back surgery on me and now I am totally cured! I am pain free for the first time in years! I highly recommend Dr. Walpert. She is an outstanding DOCTOR and she cares about her patients.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

Dr Walpert is awesome as a surgeon and her customer care of her patients!!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

My back surgery (laminectony) done by Walpert left me crippled..nerve conduction damage confirmed by the Cleveland Clinic. BEWARE of this doctor. She was fired by her neurosurgery group and is in solo practice as a result.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

I was scheduled for a consultation with this surgeon at the suggestion of my primary spine doctor, in order to assess whether spine surgery was feasible and/or recommended. I had been reluctant to discuss the possibility, having heard stories of post-surgery complications, plus surgery being reserved for the most severe conditions. My wife accompanied me on the visit and was with me in the consultation room. I suffer from a slipped disc and osteoarthritis, which cause lower back pain and occasional leg discomfort. After an hour and a half wait time I finally saw the nurse who spent another half hour entering my data into her computer. This was followed by an interview with the nurse practitioner (who seemed knowledgeable), with whom I discussed my symptoms and what surgery could or could not accomplish. At the conclusion of this assessment she strongly felt that surgery was entirely warranted, would be successful, and would likely eliminate the need for any more steroid shots and opioid pain medication. We even discussed calendar dates for a surgery. Needless to say my wife and I were both surprised that surgery was considered. The NP then announced that she was going to discuss my case with Dr Walpert, who would in turn interview me afterwards, and left the room. After only 5-10 minutes she returned and said that Dr Walpert concurred with the evaluation. After another 10 minutes Dr Walpert returned alone and we proceeded to re-review my health. At first it seemed that she was concurring with the NP but then it was like I entered a surreal twilight zone, when Dr Walpert announced that surgery "might" alleviate my leg pain but that it could actually worsen the pain in my lower back. She said that, as a surgeon, she loved doing surgeries, but would not in this case. That statement, although not in and of itself disappointing. When I told her that the NP had told us that she had reviewed all of this with you and upon returning, said that you concurred that surgery could be recommended she told me that I "mis-heard" the NP! My wife, being present for all of the discussions, heard the same "story' that I did! don't know what happened between the NP returning with Dr Walpert's agreement and her than denying any such thing, but needless to say I wouldn't recommend this doctor to repair a hangnail. Being a trained doctor myself I know how essential good listening and understanding are. This doctor plays dirty tricks and makes unwarranted accusations. I consider that malpractice.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

The soonest appointment was 6 weeks out. I made the apt with the Dr. but was.seen by a NP. An MRI was ordered, took another 10 days for that apt. I was told results would be in 7-10 days. Seems extremely long, it was explained the.Dr. does Surgery all day on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. That.leaves 2 days to maybe see patients. After 2 weeks I left a message wanting my results. I was called back by the NP stating that was a long time and she will send a reminder to the Dr. to review. Another week and no call, left another message. This time an RN called and stated the Dr. just read it that morning. 3 weeks!! So the nurse proceded to read.the report and the 3 recomendations. No explanation, nothing. So I waisted 3 months on a Dr. that is more interested in making money on Surgery then patient care. If I could give this place a lower score I would. Do not go there, 3 months and I never met.the Dr. POOR.QUALITY CARE!!!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Dr.Walpert has been taking care of my condition for about ten years now. I can't express how grateful I am to know that after repeatedly requiring mulrmultiple brain surgeries, I know that she will be the one called in should I ever require another. She straight forward and to the point, yes. But she's great at her job and your health is her first and foremost priority. I always know that I am in the safe hands of a skilled surgeon and that she orchestrates the OR like a well oiled machine. When she speaks, the hospital staff listens. That's how she assures the best outcome for her patients.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2016

I have been absolutely shocked at how poorly my care has been under her. I found out I had 2 herniated discs with one pressing on my spinal cord in 2012 and saw her in 2015 for arm weakness. She immediately said "IN NO WAY ARE YOU A CANDIDATE FOR SURGERY! YOU ARE WAY TOO YOUNG!" (I was 29 in 2015.) We moved to a different city and I got a new PCP and told him of my symptoms. HE wanted to do a new MRI to see if my discs had gotten better or worse. Turns out I had three additional herniated discs with one being so bad that I needed surgery ASAP! When we moved back to the Athens area, she spent a total of 60 seconds with me (after waiting an hour) and said "it can take months to feel a difference." I have never had a doctor who seemed less committed or less interested in my pain symptoms in my life. She just wanted to get me out of her hair as fast as she possibly could for that day. She almost seems in denial that some of her patients are telling the truth-- that they are in pain. I am so disappointed.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

Dr. Kimberly P. Walpert's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

• BCBS Illinois