Ratings for Dr. Kimberly P. Walpert

Dr Walpert is awesome as a surgeon and her customer care of her patients!!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

My back surgery (laminectony) done by Walpert left me crippled..nerve conduction damage confirmed by the Cleveland Clinic. BEWARE of this doctor. She was fired by her neurosurgery group and is in solo practice as a result.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

I was scheduled for a consultation with this surgeon at the suggestion of my primary spine doctor, in order to assess whether spine surgery was feasible and/or recommended. I had been reluctant to discuss the possibility, having heard stories of post-surgery complications, plus surgery being reserved for the most severe conditions. My wife accompanied me on the visit and was with me in the consultation room. I suffer from a slipped disc and osteoarthritis, which cause lower back pain and occasional leg discomfort. After an hour and a half wait time I finally saw the nurse who spent another half hour entering my data into her computer. This was followed by an interview with the nurse practitioner (who seemed knowledgeable), with whom I discussed my symptoms and what surgery could or could not accomplish. At the conclusion of this assessment she strongly felt that surgery was entirely warranted, would be successful, and would likely eliminate the need for any more steroid shots and opioid pain medication. We even discussed calendar dates for a surgery. Needless to say my wife and I were both surprised that surgery was considered. The NP then announced that she was going to discuss my case with Dr Walpert, who would in turn interview me afterwards, and left the room. After only 5-10 minutes she returned and said that Dr Walpert concurred with the evaluation. After another 10 minutes Dr Walpert returned alone and we proceeded to re-review my health. At first it seemed that she was concurring with the NP but then it was like I entered a surreal twilight zone, when Dr Walpert announced that surgery "might" alleviate my leg pain but that it could actually worsen the pain in my lower back. She said that, as a surgeon, she loved doing surgeries, but would not in this case. That statement, although not in and of itself disappointing. When I told her that the NP had told us that she had reviewed all of this with you and upon returning, said that you concurred that surgery could be recommended she told me that I "mis-heard" the NP! My wife, being present for all of the discussions, heard the same "story' that I did! don't know what happened between the NP returning with Dr Walpert's agreement and her than denying any such thing, but needless to say I wouldn't recommend this doctor to repair a hangnail. Being a trained doctor myself I know how essential good listening and understanding are. This doctor plays dirty tricks and makes unwarranted accusations. I consider that malpractice.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

The soonest appointment was 6 weeks out. I made the apt with the Dr. but was.seen by a NP. An MRI was ordered, took another 10 days for that apt. I was told results would be in 7-10 days. Seems extremely long, it was explained the.Dr. does Surgery all day on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. That.leaves 2 days to maybe see patients. After 2 weeks I left a message wanting my results. I was called back by the NP stating that was a long time and she will send a reminder to the Dr. to review. Another week and no call, left another message. This time an RN called and stated the Dr. just read it that morning. 3 weeks!! So the nurse proceded to read.the report and the 3 recomendations. No explanation, nothing. So I waisted 3 months on a Dr. that is more interested in making money on Surgery then patient care. If I could give this place a lower score I would. Do not go there, 3 months and I never met.the Dr. POOR.QUALITY CARE!!!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Dr.Walpert has been taking care of my condition for about ten years now. I can't express how grateful I am to know that after repeatedly requiring mulrmultiple brain surgeries, I know that she will be the one called in should I ever require another. She straight forward and to the point, yes. But she's great at her job and your health is her first and foremost priority. I always know that I am in the safe hands of a skilled surgeon and that she orchestrates the OR like a well oiled machine. When she speaks, the hospital staff listens. That's how she assures the best outcome for her patients.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2016

I have been absolutely shocked at how poorly my care has been under her. I found out I had 2 herniated discs with one pressing on my spinal cord in 2012 and saw her in 2015 for arm weakness. She immediately said "IN NO WAY ARE YOU A CANDIDATE FOR SURGERY! YOU ARE WAY TOO YOUNG!" (I was 29 in 2015.) We moved to a different city and I got a new PCP and told him of my symptoms. HE wanted to do a new MRI to see if my discs had gotten better or worse. Turns out I had three additional herniated discs with one being so bad that I needed surgery ASAP! When we moved back to the Athens area, she spent a total of 60 seconds with me (after waiting an hour) and said "it can take months to feel a difference." I have never had a doctor who seemed less committed or less interested in my pain symptoms in my life. She just wanted to get me out of her hair as fast as she possibly could for that day. She almost seems in denial that some of her patients are telling the truth-- that they are in pain. I am so disappointed.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

Dr. Walpert did my surgery and I'm having more pain than I had before surgery. She wrote me off by saying, "I don't know anything else to do. Very uncaring, unconcerned and refused taking blame for my outcome after surgery. She also refused to do anything for my pain! I don't understand why a doctor who did a serious surgery on her patient, would not give one something to help the pain! She's the most uncaring doctor I have ever seen!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

She is amazing I've had 2 surgeries with her and she has done amazing work.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

After suffering for an extended period with neck pain, and realizing that therapy was not working, Dr Walpert took swift action, operated and ever since (8 years) I have been pain free. I will always deem her the best.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

Dr Walpert is so awesome. She really listens and has helped me so much

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Dr. Kimberly P. Walpert's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)