Ratings for Dr. Andrew Belch

My dad was diagnosed with multiple myeloma and was I. His death bad when we meat Dr. Belch. At first we found him blunt and didn't know how take him. He saved my dads life and gave us two more years with him rather than the few days we were expected to have. We will forever be thankful for DR. Belches straight forward way of practise. He's not there to tell you what you want to hear he is there to try and save ones life and keep them as comfortable as possible in their remaining time left.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

My partner has been diagnosed with mantle cell non hodgkin lymphoma. We've seen him twice. In both the visits we got the 'I'll be right back' story, only to have him disappear and send the nurse in. When asked questions he is all over the place, and can't answer the question in a straightforward way. He is truly the most arrogant person I've ever met. My partner told him that he does not want chemo and he basically ignored us after that. Then, we were scheduled for Chemo school and had to tell the nurse that hesitant want chemo. Dr. Belch does not listen when you talk to him and speeds over who's allthe time. Terrible Doctor! We will not be seeking any treatment with this Dr any time soon. If you are assigned him, find someone else!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Extremely cold and confused Dr..my mother had a round of chemo. .al went well...her m protein levels jumped up to 10..he suggested we start het on revlimid. .a pill form therapy, if you read about is thalidomide. ..which causes more harm than good. He told us that she won't live longer past fall...a scare tactic that they use to get you to agree ...it's a very costly medication and he makes alot of money off it.I showed my disappointment by telling him he was though less in our feelings and had a terrible bedside manner...i told him that he may be used to dying people but we are not.He had no compassion,did not use my mother's first name but called her a CUSTOMER!!!!that goes to show what he is in this profession for. After he agreed to put mom back on chemo. He put her on a 6 month cycle...last one was 8. We are very leary of this Dr...think we need a new one..

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Extremely disappointed and disturbed by Andrew Belch's lack of compassion and arrogance. His answer to any question was "I'll be right back", only to disappear into the back room and never come back. The nurse would then come in and send us home. On my mother's first visit he told her "This is what's going to kill you". When I asked him a question his only reply was "I knew you wouldn't get it" and continued on to tell me to just read the myeloma information book. After my mother finished all of her treatments she ended up back in the emergency room with extreme pain and a limp foot. The cancer had spread and she ended up paralyzed and back at the Cross Cancer. When Belch came in to see her he told her that this is tragic and was never to be seen again. When she was discharged from the Cross to go home in a wheel chair we were given a blank prognosis sheet and told that her MRI showed "dramatic improvement". Two weeks later she was in the palliative care unit at the Gray Nuns Hospital with the cancer having spread to her brain, she died 2 weeks later. When Belch was contacted by another doctor he told them that he couldn't believe we had taken her home because he knew the prognosis all along but had't updated her netcare file. I do not wish this treatment and lack of care on anyone or their family. If you have the choice to see another doctor I strongly recommend it.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

My mother's first diagnostic appointment with Dr. Belch was very disturbing. He was very blunt about his diagnosis, treatment protocol and prognosis. When my sister questioned him about the results of the cytology and potential alternative treatment, he remarked "I'm not sure if you are not listening to me or if you are just not very smart." This is just big bully tactics and is unacceptable for a professional.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2013

Very disappointed with Dr. Belch. I truly believe my mother should of had 8 cycles of chemo instead of only 6 cycles. My mother did wonderful on her chemo treatments. She was a tiny person but never lost any weight during treatment. Dr Belch constantly commented on her being "too thin" and we constantly responded with "that's moms natural physique" but he never seemed to listen. He decided 6 cycles was all she could handle due to her size and then sent her to the radiologist (that's another story in itself) just in case. The radiologist told mom (I was there) in his opinion no need to have treatment since only a small sack of fluid is visible and she has had a long life anyhow?!? After researching her cancer and treatment for returning cancers, I found it is quite common to have 8 rounds of chemo to keep the cancer at bay much longer. Suffice to say, after her 6th treatment they said all was successful and there was no sign of the tumour in her stomach, 3 months later she was dead.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2013

Dr Belch lacks compassion. He is arrogant . He made grave errors in treatment plans resulting in the death of a client.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013

My father has become Dr Belch's patient in the past year. Dr Belch and his staff have been nothing but kind, knowledgeable and helpful. He is pleasant and direct, and my father feels confident that he is in excellent hands. I have been present at each and every meeting my father had with Dr Belch. He is very approachable and gladly answers questions and addresses any concerns.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2012

Great Doctor ,respectful understanding and a great willingness to help ,answers all my questions and keeps me well informed of my condition. Early in treatment and he gives one the flicker of hope one needs.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2012

Saw him 2003. I'm a health care professional. He is not professional at all. Refused to correct my med records, made huge mistakes in them. He said things were very serious, then then laughed telling me I'd never get insurance again. He wanted a bone marrow biopsy etc etc.... I never went back. Arrogant, ill informed and just about anyone else would be a better choice. Cross Cancer can do a lot better than this....

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011