Ratings for Dr. Jun Kawakami

My experiences with both Dr. Kawakami and his staff (Becky) were very positive. First rate surgeon who answered all my questions, explained the procedure (radical prostectomy) clearly and explained the results. When he visited me in the hospital. The follow-up meeting was very professional too. My wife commented that Dr. Kawakami met her criteria of a caring and true professional as did his receptionist. Disclosure: I am 68 and had never met either of them before my need for prostate surgery.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

From my experiences, i have to agree with a few comments below, that the doctor is great, but the receptionist (at least one of them) is rather impatient.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Personally, I think Dr K's got wonderful staff and she is kind and helpful. He is the only doc I know that runs close to on time regularly and has often asked if I have any questions of my own. Don't usually post but my 2 cents.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

To be a great doctor, more than medical knowledge is required. When poor quality staff are hired and maintained, the doctor at least shares responsibility. Such is the case at this office.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

I see many positive experiences reviewed by others, however I cannot say that I had the same experience. He might have been a terrific caring surgeon as others have said, however we didn't even get there as his communication skills were dismal. He diagnosed my problem correctly, but did nothing to fix it. He simply prescribed meds that had little help with no explanation of side effects or surgery options. No plan or follow up was made and my symptoms became progressively worse till the point that I ended up in ER. Another urologist quickly made the same diagnosis AND performed surgery within 1 month resolving ALL of my symptoms that I was suffering from for 2 years. My objective and sincere recommendation is that you become a strong advocate for your health and do not take for granted that physicians know all or are working in your best interest. If you get this doctor and are not satisfied with the communication, direction and overall care, request copies of your diagnostic tests and OR reports and take them to your family doctor to explain them. If you are still at a loss and are experiencing adverse symptoms, DO NOT hesitate and go to the ER. They helped me to sort this out and with the right urologist, my problem was resolved.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

Dr. Kawakami is an amazing person and a wonderful surgeon and Doctor. Helped my mom and let her live a wonderful pain free life for An extra 5 plus years. Very compassionate towards her my dad and family at the end. I would recommend him over and over. A plus Doctor.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

I had a hydroselectomy performed by Dr. Kawakami and he was incredibly helpful and guided me through the process the whole time. He informed me of all my options giving pros and cons and never made me feel pressued towards any singular decision. I felt like my confort and security was always forefront. I am a young male and was very nervous about any sort of surgery but having his helpfulness and kindness through the process really helped ease nerves. Would highly recoment him.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

Had a stent placed and stones removed by Dr. Kawakami, great doctor!!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

I saw Dr.Kawakami for a minor procedure,.cystoscopy,.and he was very pleasant and gentle.the procedure was over and done with without me even knowing it had started.Even though I wasn't there long I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

Dr. Kawakami is one of the best. He explained the condition of my kidney to me very throughoghly and before he performed my surgery, explained everything that was going to happen, in a step-by-step process. I always had a lot of questions that he was happy and willing to answer. Although, I had a very old kidney problem, he was able to perform surgery at his best. Recovery after surgery was great. I had no complications. Thank you Dr. Kawakami!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016