You may also like

Rate Dr. Jun Kawakami

Dr. Jun Kawakami's Ratings

great advice and care regarding kidney cysts and resulting follow up over next two years plus.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2902857].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2015

I just had the most horrible experience with the receptionist there. I myself work as a receptionist for a very busy law firm downtown and understand how stressful the job can be but I cannot forgive her for treating me and my dad the way she did. First of all I got the day off so that I can accompany my parents because their English isn't the best and I wanted to make sure they understood the doctor 100%. Well when we showed up today and she told us our appointment had been cancelled. Why they did not call us to inform us I don't know but I understand sometimes as receptionist we forget. So when I tried to reschedule for another time she gave it to me for a month from now. We have already waited a month just to hear the results from the biopsy and no we have to wait another month? Again another upsetting thing. So I asked her if it can be for a Thursday or Friday so that I can accompany my dad and help him translate. By this time I can tell she was getting annoyed and said that that's something we have to figure out ourselves and that it would be impossible to book him on a later day for Thursday or Friday. She gave kept rushing us to make a quick decision and getting so impatient with us for no reason. So when I asked her why she was treating is with such a bad attitude she said she had a migraine. I told her we are dealing with cancer here and that she should be more patient all she said was "oh well..." With her horrible attitude! Honestly I'm scared that my parents have to go back there and deal with such a disrespectful receptionist that cares more about her headache than the patients cancer. The need a more understanding receptionist!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2873570].votes_count ]]

Submitted July 22, 2015

Dr.Jun Kawakami is a wonderful, very skillful, polite, and helpful urologist. He diagnosed my very old kidney problem, then explained it to me in very simple and understandable way and very skillfully operated my kidney and fixed the problem. I am extremely happy with his treatment and would recommend him to all for urological problems.
Imtiaz Khan

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2843550].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

Was very effective and I am now on the road to repair. He's a professional and I appreciate his candor. I would recommend him for sure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2826543].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Dr Kawakami performed complex surgery on my kidneys and bladder, he is amazing, all outcomes were met, and although my recovery was slow the surgery was completely successful, I cant recommend him highly enough, he is very personable, patient and extremely knowledgeable, he explained everything about my procedure in simple terms and helped to allay my fears, I am now pain free thanks to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2741930].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

Excellent urologist. Very skilled at guiding me through a difficult decision related to prostate cancer. Takes his time to thoroughly explain options. Thanks to Dr Kawakami and staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2634110].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

Am excellent Dr. Personality plus. So easy to talk too. I would certainly recommend him any day. He even phoned my home when the results came in. What a great Dr. Cancerous kidney and he made me so relaxed. Great Doctor and very helpful with any questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2617154].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2014

I found Dr. Kawakami to be an excellent surgeon, as well as kind and considerate. He called my husband as soon as I was out of surgery to let him know I was okay, and called me with the pathology results as soon as he had them. He always asked if I had any questions or concerns and was happy to answer any questions I did have.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2573975].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2489228].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2014

I had Dr. Kawakami for an emergency kidney stone removal earlier this year. No complaints! Excellent surgeon. He was easy to talk to and listened when you asked questions- very impressed!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2358213].votes_count ]]