Ratings for Dr. Jun Kawakami

To be a great doctor, more than medical knowledge is required. When poor quality staff are hired and maintained, the doctor at least shares responsibility. Such is the case at this office.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

I see many positive experiences reviewed by others, however I cannot say that I had the same experience. He might have been a terrific caring surgeon as others have said, however we didn't even get there as his communication skills were dismal. He diagnosed my problem correctly, but did nothing to fix it. He simply prescribed meds that had little help with no explanation of side effects or surgery options. No plan or follow up was made and my symptoms became progressively worse till the point that I ended up in ER. Another urologist quickly made the same diagnosis AND performed surgery within 1 month resolving ALL of my symptoms that I was suffering from for 2 years. My objective and sincere recommendation is that you become a strong advocate for your health and do not take for granted that physicians know all or are working in your best interest. If you get this doctor and are not satisfied with the communication, direction and overall care, request copies of your diagnostic tests and OR reports and take them to your family doctor to explain them. If you are still at a loss and are experiencing adverse symptoms, DO NOT hesitate and go to the ER. They helped me to sort this out and with the right urologist, my problem was resolved.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

Dr. Kawakami is an amazing person and a wonderful surgeon and Doctor. Helped my mom and let her live a wonderful pain free life for An extra 5 plus years. Very compassionate towards her my dad and family at the end. I would recommend him over and over. A plus Doctor.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

I had a hydroselectomy performed by Dr. Kawakami and he was incredibly helpful and guided me through the process the whole time. He informed me of all my options giving pros and cons and never made me feel pressued towards any singular decision. I felt like my confort and security was always forefront. I am a young male and was very nervous about any sort of surgery but having his helpfulness and kindness through the process really helped ease nerves. Would highly recoment him.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

Had a stent placed and stones removed by Dr. Kawakami, great doctor!!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

I saw Dr.Kawakami for a minor procedure,.cystoscopy,.and he was very pleasant and gentle.the procedure was over and done with without me even knowing it had started.Even though I wasn't there long I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

Dr. Kawakami is one of the best. He explained the condition of my kidney to me very throughoghly and before he performed my surgery, explained everything that was going to happen, in a step-by-step process. I always had a lot of questions that he was happy and willing to answer. Although, I had a very old kidney problem, he was able to perform surgery at his best. Recovery after surgery was great. I had no complications. Thank you Dr. Kawakami!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

Excellent service and straight forward during discussions. Listens well, easy to speak with and explains all aspects of the condition.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

great advice and care regarding kidney cysts and resulting follow up over next two years plus.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2015

I just had the most horrible experience with the receptionist there. I myself work as a receptionist for a very busy law firm downtown and understand how stressful the job can be but I cannot forgive her for treating me and my dad the way she did. First of all I got the day off so that I can accompany my parents because their English isn't the best and I wanted to make sure they understood the doctor 100%. Well when we showed up today and she told us our appointment had been cancelled. Why they did not call us to inform us I don't know but I understand sometimes as receptionist we forget. So when I tried to reschedule for another time she gave it to me for a month from now. We have already waited a month just to hear the results from the biopsy and no we have to wait another month? Again another upsetting thing. So I asked her if it can be for a Thursday or Friday so that I can accompany my dad and help him translate. By this time I can tell she was getting annoyed and said that that's something we have to figure out ourselves and that it would be impossible to book him on a later day for Thursday or Friday. She gave kept rushing us to make a quick decision and getting so impatient with us for no reason. So when I asked her why she was treating is with such a bad attitude she said she had a migraine. I told her we are dealing with cancer here and that she should be more patient all she said was "oh well..." With her horrible attitude! Honestly I'm scared that my parents have to go back there and deal with such a disrespectful receptionist that cares more about her headache than the patients cancer. The need a more understanding receptionist!

Submitted July 22, 2015