Ratings for Dr. Jun Kawakami

He cares!!! Has surrounded himself by a GREAT TEAM of professionals. He is "THE" best of the best.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2018

Thankyou Dr Kawakami and staff for performing a life saving operation on me. I think the world of you and your staff! I'm so grateful that there are people in this world that have devoted their lives to help others. You are a brilliant surgeon and a real caring person. My family all thanks you🙏🏻

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

I was seen by his clinical associate Dr. Joel Tappay and was told that CT scan will give him the info he needed to diagnose me. He said CT scan is preferred since that will give him the details. As I was not sure if I was pregnant at that time, he said I could have an XRay. I decided to wait for my period instead then I called up the office to check if I could have a CT scan since the doctor is not even sure the XRay can confirm, the lady named Becky answered the phone and in an exasperated tone was insisting that I should just go with the XRay first and when I tried to explain what Dr. Tappay told me, that seemed to annoy her and told me that she'll ask Dr. Tappay. _That is not a good customer service._ I ended up having the XRay, it's been 3-4 weeks now and their phone is always busy and redirects you to VM. I left a VM but I've never received any call. :( :( :( Very disappointing.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

This Doctor was great with me and my family. Did what he said he would and I could tell he really cares about how I do. I overhead some nurses outside my room and they said if they ever needed an operation this is the surgeon they would chose. Glad I got him as my Doc!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

Great doctor and someone I've had to rely on for the last few years. Receptionist always tries to accommodate and calls back within a few hours.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

Dr Kawakami explained what needed to happen and surgery was the next day. Even left a voicemail when my son was out of surgery and everything went well...

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

My experiences with both Dr. Kawakami and his staff (Becky) were very positive. First rate surgeon who answered all my questions, explained the procedure (radical prostectomy) clearly and explained the results. When he visited me in the hospital. The follow-up meeting was very professional too. My wife commented that Dr. Kawakami met her criteria of a caring and true professional as did his receptionist. Disclosure: I am 68 and had never met either of them before my need for prostate surgery.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

From my experiences, i have to agree with a few comments below, that the doctor is great, but the receptionist (at least one of them) is rather impatient.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Personally, I think Dr K's got wonderful staff and she is kind and helpful. He is the only doc I know that runs close to on time regularly and has often asked if I have any questions of my own. Don't usually post but my 2 cents.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

To be a great doctor, more than medical knowledge is required. When poor quality staff are hired and maintained, the doctor at least shares responsibility. Such is the case at this office.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016