Ratings for Dr. Jun Kawakami

I had a hydroselectomy performed by Dr. Kawakami and he was incredibly helpful and guided me through the process the whole time. He informed me of all my options giving pros and cons and never made me feel pressued towards any singular decision. I felt like my confort and security was always forefront. I am a young male and was very nervous about any sort of surgery but having his helpfulness and kindness through the process really helped ease nerves. Would highly recoment him.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

Had a stent placed and stones removed by Dr. Kawakami, great doctor!!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

I saw Dr.Kawakami for a minor procedure,.cystoscopy,.and he was very pleasant and gentle.the procedure was over and done with without me even knowing it had started.Even though I wasn't there long I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

Dr. Kawakami is one of the best. He explained the condition of my kidney to me very throughoghly and before he performed my surgery, explained everything that was going to happen, in a step-by-step process. I always had a lot of questions that he was happy and willing to answer. Although, I had a very old kidney problem, he was able to perform surgery at his best. Recovery after surgery was great. I had no complications. Thank you Dr. Kawakami!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

Excellent service and straight forward during discussions. Listens well, easy to speak with and explains all aspects of the condition.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

great advice and care regarding kidney cysts and resulting follow up over next two years plus.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2015

I just had the most horrible experience with the receptionist there. I myself work as a receptionist for a very busy law firm downtown and understand how stressful the job can be but I cannot forgive her for treating me and my dad the way she did. First of all I got the day off so that I can accompany my parents because their English isn't the best and I wanted to make sure they understood the doctor 100%. Well when we showed up today and she told us our appointment had been cancelled. Why they did not call us to inform us I don't know but I understand sometimes as receptionist we forget. So when I tried to reschedule for another time she gave it to me for a month from now. We have already waited a month just to hear the results from the biopsy and no we have to wait another month? Again another upsetting thing. So I asked her if it can be for a Thursday or Friday so that I can accompany my dad and help him translate. By this time I can tell she was getting annoyed and said that that's something we have to figure out ourselves and that it would be impossible to book him on a later day for Thursday or Friday. She gave kept rushing us to make a quick decision and getting so impatient with us for no reason. So when I asked her why she was treating is with such a bad attitude she said she had a migraine. I told her we are dealing with cancer here and that she should be more patient all she said was "oh well..." With her horrible attitude! Honestly I'm scared that my parents have to go back there and deal with such a disrespectful receptionist that cares more about her headache than the patients cancer. The need a more understanding receptionist!

Submitted July 22, 2015

Dr.Jun Kawakami is a wonderful, very skillful, polite, and helpful urologist. He diagnosed my very old kidney problem, then explained it to me in very simple and understandable way and very skillfully operated my kidney and fixed the problem. I am extremely happy with his treatment and would recommend him to all for urological problems. Imtiaz Khan

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

Was very effective and I am now on the road to repair. He's a professional and I appreciate his candor. I would recommend him for sure.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Dr Kawakami performed complex surgery on my kidneys and bladder, he is amazing, all outcomes were met, and although my recovery was slow the surgery was completely successful, I cant recommend him highly enough, he is very personable, patient and extremely knowledgeable, he explained everything about my procedure in simple terms and helped to allay my fears, I am now pain free thanks to him.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015