Ratings for Dr. Christine Lai

Dr Lai has a bad attitude, doesn't listen, doesn't explain test results , rushes. Feels not interested. After coming out, I felt unsatisfied. Makes faces. She has no patience nor empathy. The staff is very polite.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

The staff is excellent but Dr Lai herself is zero stars if possible. Very rude, condescending. Doesn't explain test results, just prints them and hands it to me, tells me to read it. The visits are always rushed, 5 minutes max. She refused to write a sick note and then tells me this is America, life is not fair. Now she's pushing for my baby to have surgery even though I have 3 more months to go. Horrible doctor, stay away!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Mean and horrible. She acts like she is from the street and wants to pick a fight with you.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

It was my first visit with her and she asked me why I was there. After I explained it to her, she repeated back to me everything, completely incorrectly. I said, "ok, let me start over". She doesn't listen, then gets an attitude when you call her on it. To give a little background on myself, I am a breast cancer survivor with a gene mutation for ovarian cancer. A I started to explain my fears of getting cancer again, with tears in my eyes, she puts her hands up and says she feels like I'm attacking her, and then she actually had the nerve to ask if she could open the door bc she felt uncomfortable. WHAT!!! I told her that I was the patient and she is the Dr and under no circumstances could she open the door so everyone could hear and see me crying. I felt like I was in a Twilight Zone episode. She then start slamming her hand on the desk, to explain how she would get the files out of her Inbox, to read them over and discuss with me again for our next appt. She did nothing exam a 2 minute pap exam, then didn't listen to me, then wanted me to book a new appt. She is not only a self absorbed person who turns everything into something about herself, but she is very strange in her behaviors and should not be a Dr if she gets freaked out by a patient innocently describing their fear of getting cancer again. I have never felt so rejected by a Dr before and then she tries to make me feel like I'm the one with the problem, and that I was attacking or scaring her? Holy Crap! This one is a doozy and I highly recommend that if you get her as your new Dr, run, RUN like the wind. I am calling tmrw to make a formal complaint and of course get a new Dr.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Horrible doctor especially if you pregnant! Don't want to ever see her again! Changing doctors ASAP

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Dr. Lai delivered my first child. She was the best obgyn. I am now pregnant with my second and sad that she no longer works in the same office anymore. I cannot find a doctor as good as her.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

EXTREMELY RUDE!!! Stay away from her! She gets easily irritated!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Office is clean and staff is quite nice. Dr Lai is professional and answered all my questions. That is my initial exam. After the third time I saw her, she remembers everything about me. My family, names of my children, events that happened to me. She has shown much caring and is on top of all the tests and follow ups I need. She has since delivered my third child and I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

She rushed me through in 5minutes after I waited for one hour to see her for my first visit. She is very rude and doesn't care about the patient at all. All she wants to do is to get the exam done as fast as possible so she can go home. She doesn't want you to ask questions and when you do that, she will ask you back in a sarcastic tone. It was horrible experience visiting her, especially for a first time mom on her first visit.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

At first, she can be intimidating. but I found her nice and warm after the first visit. she's easy to talk to, made me feel comfortable to openly talk to her and gave me chances to ask questions and raise any issues. She delivered my 2 kids, and I just love her. she's on top of everything that needs to be done. the staff are extraordinary. very friendly.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2013

Dr. Christine Lai's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 2003)