Dr. Roy Mathews

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Roy Mathews

My daughter had an ingrown toenail and was in a lot of pain. I called up Dr. Matthews to see if he could fit her in to his busy schedule, and he saw and treated her on the same day. After treatment, she is now on the road to recovery. Thank you Dr. Matthews!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

I went to see Dr. Mathews regarding bunion surgery on both feet. I found him and his staff to be very knowledgeable and helpful. The surgery went very well and the recovery time was quicker then I anticipated. I was back playing sport without any pain. I highly recommend Dr. Mathews and his staff.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

I went to see Dr. Mathews about heel pain. He asked me a few questions, examined my feet and asked to see my running shoes. He immediately identified the problem ( I was running in shoes that weren't right for my high arches). Once I replaced my running shoes, my heel pain went away. If you are dealing with foot pain and want a doctor who really knows his stuff, I highly recommend Dr Mathews.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

I had foot surgery (correcting right foot bunion) two years ago. I have had a few "issues" off and on the past two years. Everytime I phone there to see Dr. Mathews he sees me immediately. No matter how small or how large my problem he sees me and when I leave I know that he has taken good time to help me. I would thoroughly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Dr. Mathews corrected my arthritic bunion and within 2 weeks I was back in my runners. An orthopedic surgeon was going to fuse my joint and said i would never run again. I can now jog pain free and the joint moves 200% better than before. Great result and highly recommend.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Mathews. He made me a beautiful orthotic so I could continue all my sports (pain free!) while a broken bone healed, and has done bunion surgery on both my feet which have both been very successful. Nice and friendly disposition of his doesn't hurt the experience either!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Great doc! Cured my plantar fasciitis with new orthotics and one laser session, I am back running again! Also did my mother in law's bunion surgery last year and she was very happy. Thanks Doc!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

Dr. Mathews did my bunion surgery last year and treated me recently for heel pain. The bunion surgery went as explained by Dr. Mathews and I was back running in 5 weeks. The bunion looks and feels great now. The heel pain did not resolve with orthotics so Dr. Mathews used a laser and after 2 treatments the pain was gone. What a relief and the laser is amazing. I would highly recommend Dr. Mathews, he explains everything very well and really cares.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

I would suggest looking around before choosing Dr. Mathews. He's distracted, arrogant, rushed, and spends much of the appointment imparting how intelligent he is while dismissing or putting down other Doctors or clinics. Absolutely do not recommend. Other podiatrists have the same technology for making custom orthotics and I found another Dr. who was far more approachable and actually solved my foot issues (PF / heel pain). Dr. Mathews looked at my feet once, and not on either of the follow up appointments when his $600 orthotics still gave me pain.

Submitted July 7, 2014

I saw Dr. Matthews for burning in my feet. In both appointments he appeared rushed and came to conclusions too quickly without further investigations. In the first appointment he gave me a cortisone shot and in the next he diagnosed me with a foot fungus without looking at the soles off my feet and prescribed a fungal cream. I later saw another specialist who accurately diagnosed me with peripheral neuropathy. I had high hopes for this podiatrist but I wouldn't recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

Dr. Roy Mathews's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

As a podiatrist and as an avid athlete, Dr Mathews has a passion for solving the foot problems of active people and getting them back to their normal lives as quickly as possible. He began his studies at Simon Fraser University in the kinesiology department, where he also played on the University’s basketball team. Following his years at SFU, Dr. Mathews played a season of professional basketball in the Middle East, before moving to Chicago to study Podiatric Medicine. Dr. Mathews then completed a surgical residency in North Hollywood, California. He has been in private practice since 1997, splitting his time between Vancouver Podiatry’s Kerrisdale, Downtown, and New Westminster locations. Dr. Mathews is currently on the board of directors for the B.C. Podiatric Medical Association. With his extensive background in Kinesiology, as well as in amateur and professional sports, Dr. Mathews focuses a large portion of his Podiatric practice on Sports Medicine, treating amateur to national-level athletes in many sports including soccer, basketball, running and triathlon. Dr. Mathews shares his wealth of experience and expertise widely, lecturing regularly to running clubs across the city, as well as to the Vancouver Sun Run clinics.

• English

• Dr.William M Scholl College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1996)

• Bunions