Ratings for Dr. Roy Mathews

I had intermetatarsal neuromas caused by injury and my foot structure. As a result, I had to discontinue the sport I love (beach volleyball) and thought that I would never play again. A doctor at the UBC Urgent Care Centre recommended Dr. Matthews for his reputation of “getting patients back on their feet so they can continue the sport they love”. Dr. Matthews has successfully treated my foot with a series of alcohol injections. I have now been pain free for over 10 months and have been able to return to playing beach volleyball! It is nothing short of a miracle! I would highly recommend Dr. Matthews to anyone with a similar problem.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

I had 2 bunionectomy surgeries this past summer and have healed up quite nicely. Due to work scheduling, and my personal preference, I had the surgeries done as close together as Dr. Mathews would allow (7 weeks apart). While, it was a very trying healing period (mostly in part to the fact I have never been that still in my entire life), I would very much recommend Dr. Mathews and his associate Dr. Quintoro to those considering any bunionectomy surgery. He was very knowledgable, no nonsense and direct with my questions. At no point was I misdirected. Unlike other specialists I never had any issues with delayed appointments and Dr. Mathews staff (at both offices) was fabulous and kind. Now I can get back to dancing, rowing and all the other things I love to do pain-free!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

Thank you Dr. Mathews for making time for my foot injury and devising a super thin and lightweight orthotic for my track spikes. I competed in the Heptathlon – 7 events and I had a fun weekend, but the best part of National Championships in Sherbrooke QC was winning gold. I came from behind, in 3rd place after 6 events to run the best 800m race of my life and clinch the National Championship. I have more rehab to do on my foot, that’s for sure, but without the right support in my shoe I couldn’t have competed at all. Thank you so much for fitting me into your busy schedule on your first day back from vacation. Sheila V.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

I went to see Dr Mathews on a recommendation. I had suffered with bunions on both feet for years. From the first meeting with Dr Mathews I felt completely at ease,and could tell that he cares about your issues and wants to make them better.He described in detail the procedure for a bunioictemy,and postop what they would be like.I didn't hesitate and got my left foot done first,a virtually painless operation,I walked out with only a small cast.,to protect my foot..No postop complications..I was back walking and hiking in about six weeks...It was all such a positive experience that i made my next appointment to have my right foot done,two months later! I would urge anyone young or okd with bunions go see Dr Mathews,he made my feet brand new..no more pain!! Thankyou Dr Mathews you are the best! !

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

My daughter had an ingrown toenail and was in a lot of pain. I called up Dr. Matthews to see if he could fit her in to his busy schedule, and he saw and treated her on the same day. After treatment, she is now on the road to recovery. Thank you Dr. Matthews!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

I went to see Dr. Mathews regarding bunion surgery on both feet. I found him and his staff to be very knowledgeable and helpful. The surgery went very well and the recovery time was quicker then I anticipated. I was back playing sport without any pain. I highly recommend Dr. Mathews and his staff.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

I went to see Dr. Mathews about heel pain. He asked me a few questions, examined my feet and asked to see my running shoes. He immediately identified the problem ( I was running in shoes that weren't right for my high arches). Once I replaced my running shoes, my heel pain went away. If you are dealing with foot pain and want a doctor who really knows his stuff, I highly recommend Dr Mathews.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

I had foot surgery (correcting right foot bunion) two years ago. I have had a few "issues" off and on the past two years. Everytime I phone there to see Dr. Mathews he sees me immediately. No matter how small or how large my problem he sees me and when I leave I know that he has taken good time to help me. I would thoroughly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Dr. Mathews corrected my arthritic bunion and within 2 weeks I was back in my runners. An orthopedic surgeon was going to fuse my joint and said i would never run again. I can now jog pain free and the joint moves 200% better than before. Great result and highly recommend.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Mathews. He made me a beautiful orthotic so I could continue all my sports (pain free!) while a broken bone healed, and has done bunion surgery on both my feet which have both been very successful. Nice and friendly disposition of his doesn't hurt the experience either!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Dr. Roy Mathews's Credentials

• Dr.William M Scholl College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had intermetatarsal neuromas caused by injury and my foot structure. As a result, I had to discontinue the sport I love (beach volleyball) and thought that I..."

January 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had 2 bunionectomy surgeries this past summer and have healed up quite nicely. Due to work scheduling, and my personal preference, I had the surgeries done as..."

October 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thank you Dr. Mathews for making time for my foot injury and devising a super thin and lightweight orthotic for my track spikes. I competed in the Heptathlon – ..."

October 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to see Dr Mathews on a recommendation. I had suffered with bunions on both feet for years. From the first meeting with Dr Mathews I felt completely at ea..."

September 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My daughter had an ingrown toenail and was in a lot of pain. I called up Dr. Matthews to see if he could fit her in to his busy schedule, and he saw and treated..."

September 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to see Dr. Mathews regarding bunion surgery on both feet. I found him and his staff to be very knowledgeable and helpful. The surgery went very well and ..."

August 20, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I went to see Dr. Mathews about heel pain. He asked me a few questions, examined my feet and asked to see my running shoes. He immediately identified the proble..."

January 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had foot surgery (correcting right foot bunion) two years ago. I have had a few "issues" off and on the past two years. Everytime I phone there to see Dr. M..."

December 10, 2014
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V5K0" to "V6M 2B4". Address has been updated from "" to "2077 W 42nd Ave". Suite has been updated from "" to "Kerrisdale Medical Clinic Ltd". Phone Number has been updated from "604-521-7110" to "604-261-9494".

September 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mathews corrected my arthritic bunion and within 2 weeks I was back in my runners. An orthopedic surgeon was going to fuse my joint and said i would never r..."

September 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Mathews. He made me a beautiful orthotic so I could continue all my sports (pain free!) while a broken bone hea..."

September 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great doc! Cured my plantar fasciitis with new orthotics and one laser session, I am back running again! Also did my mother in law's bunion surgery last year a..."

September 9, 2014