Ratings for Dr. Roy Mathews

The worst bedside manner ever! Went to him for years and finally gave up based on poor advice and attitude. Last pair of orthodics did not fit me correctly. After being re-assessed and new pair made by Kintec, my ankle and knee problems from the last year disappeared.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Very friendly, listened well. I hobbled in and walked out feeling soooo much better ! Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

I first saw Dr. Matthews in 2010, when he successfully operated on my huge bunion and nasty hammertoe. I was so pleased with the outcome that I am back to see him for the other foot. Dr. Mathews is direct and enthusiastic and I am very glad to have him fix my problem feet.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

I had a drug related (Cipro) Achilles tendon injury which developed over a short period of time and I had constant pain. Saw numerous doctors until on my own I went to Dr Mathews who was confident he could help me. I had two laser treatments on my Achilles several months apart and am now virtually pain free and back to regular exercise routine. A week after my first treatment my symptoms greatly improved.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

I had my bunion surgery May 2000. Prior to surgery my future looked bleak, I was in agonizing pain & not able to wear any shoes, causing issues with my work & lifestyle. Dr. Mathew’s surgery gave me life back! Once again, I could resume teaching dancing, participating in 10K walks, skiing & wearing high heels. Recently, I started experiencing discomfort so I decided to see Dr. Mathews before it would get worse. He sent me for X-rays & depending on result he will decide with next course treatment. I will follow up. For anyone having any second thoughts about bunion surgery, based on my experience: It is best decision you make! Dr. Mathews is caring, experienced professional whose skills will positively improve your life style. Eva D

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

Dr. Mathews and Dr. Quintoro preformed bunion surgery on November 29,2016. I was awake and it did not hurt at all, actually it was very interesting to me! I just got my small foot cast off December 16,2016 and I am walking in runners and rode my stationary bike this morning! I am very pleased and I will be doing my other for in April 2017! Big thanks to both Dr.Mathews and Dr. Quintoro!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

Good experience and good orthotics. Bedside manner also good.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

As I just bounded up the stairs after a great game last night, I thought I would take the opportunity to send you a huge email body smile.. We tend to take our health for granted and over the years often slowly get resigned to a more restricted regimen. My chance encounter with you as a result of my ridiculously successful bid at a charity auction where you volunteered your professional services as a prize, last year was a game changer for me. I realized just now that it has been a couple of years since I "bounded up the stairs". My wife looked at me this morning, after my 6 hour sleep and asked: "What's with you this morning? You are acting like you are on speed!" I just proclaimed to her that I had a fantastic game, both legs and feet work and that life is good. I have you to thank for the foot part, but everything starts and ends with the feet right? I spent a year and a half limping around until I met you in your office and after 20 minutes, notwithstanding the interpretation given to my ultrasound by my orthopedic doctor, your laser treatment had me about 70% better. After 2 more visits weeks apart I did a 5 hour 20+ km mountain hike which was incredible given that I was hobbling before seeing you. Thanks again for a terrific medical intervention which delivered, hope, new skates, a record season and new skip to my step.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

All ego, ruthless, seems to be in it for the money more than being helpful to the patient.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

Thank you Dr Mathews and Dr Quintoro for another successful bunion operation after my first one in 2011. The operation was pain free with only a small cast and recovery of 5 weeks. Gratefully, Ingrid Albrecht

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

Dr. Roy Mathews's Credentials

• Dr.William M Scholl College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1996)