Ratings for Dr. Roy Mathews

Good experience and good orthotics. Bedside manner also good.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

As I just bounded up the stairs after a great game last night, I thought I would take the opportunity to send you a huge email body smile.. We tend to take our health for granted and over the years often slowly get resigned to a more restricted regimen. My chance encounter with you as a result of my ridiculously successful bid at a charity auction where you volunteered your professional services as a prize, last year was a game changer for me. I realized just now that it has been a couple of years since I "bounded up the stairs". My wife looked at me this morning, after my 6 hour sleep and asked: "What's with you this morning? You are acting like you are on speed!" I just proclaimed to her that I had a fantastic game, both legs and feet work and that life is good. I have you to thank for the foot part, but everything starts and ends with the feet right? I spent a year and a half limping around until I met you in your office and after 20 minutes, notwithstanding the interpretation given to my ultrasound by my orthopedic doctor, your laser treatment had me about 70% better. After 2 more visits weeks apart I did a 5 hour 20+ km mountain hike which was incredible given that I was hobbling before seeing you. Thanks again for a terrific medical intervention which delivered, hope, new skates, a record season and new skip to my step.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

All ego, ruthless, seems to be in it for the money more than being helpful to the patient.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

Thank you Dr Mathews and Dr Quintoro for another successful bunion operation after my first one in 2011. The operation was pain free with only a small cast and recovery of 5 weeks. Gratefully, Ingrid Albrecht

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

I had intermetatarsal neuromas caused by injury and my foot structure. As a result, I had to discontinue the sport I love (beach volleyball) and thought that I would never play again. A doctor at the UBC Urgent Care Centre recommended Dr. Matthews for his reputation of “getting patients back on their feet so they can continue the sport they love”. Dr. Matthews has successfully treated my foot with a series of alcohol injections. I have now been pain free for over 10 months and have been able to return to playing beach volleyball! It is nothing short of a miracle! I would highly recommend Dr. Matthews to anyone with a similar problem.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

I had 2 bunionectomy surgeries this past summer and have healed up quite nicely. Due to work scheduling, and my personal preference, I had the surgeries done as close together as Dr. Mathews would allow (7 weeks apart). While, it was a very trying healing period (mostly in part to the fact I have never been that still in my entire life), I would very much recommend Dr. Mathews and his associate Dr. Quintoro to those considering any bunionectomy surgery. He was very knowledgable, no nonsense and direct with my questions. At no point was I misdirected. Unlike other specialists I never had any issues with delayed appointments and Dr. Mathews staff (at both offices) was fabulous and kind. Now I can get back to dancing, rowing and all the other things I love to do pain-free!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

Thank you Dr. Mathews for making time for my foot injury and devising a super thin and lightweight orthotic for my track spikes. I competed in the Heptathlon – 7 events and I had a fun weekend, but the best part of National Championships in Sherbrooke QC was winning gold. I came from behind, in 3rd place after 6 events to run the best 800m race of my life and clinch the National Championship. I have more rehab to do on my foot, that’s for sure, but without the right support in my shoe I couldn’t have competed at all. Thank you so much for fitting me into your busy schedule on your first day back from vacation. Sheila V.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

I went to see Dr Mathews on a recommendation. I had suffered with bunions on both feet for years. From the first meeting with Dr Mathews I felt completely at ease,and could tell that he cares about your issues and wants to make them better.He described in detail the procedure for a bunioictemy,and postop what they would be like.I didn't hesitate and got my left foot done first,a virtually painless operation,I walked out with only a small cast.,to protect my foot..No postop complications..I was back walking and hiking in about six weeks...It was all such a positive experience that i made my next appointment to have my right foot done,two months later! I would urge anyone young or okd with bunions go see Dr Mathews,he made my feet brand new..no more pain!! Thankyou Dr Mathews you are the best! !

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

My daughter had an ingrown toenail and was in a lot of pain. I called up Dr. Matthews to see if he could fit her in to his busy schedule, and he saw and treated her on the same day. After treatment, she is now on the road to recovery. Thank you Dr. Matthews!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

I went to see Dr. Mathews regarding bunion surgery on both feet. I found him and his staff to be very knowledgeable and helpful. The surgery went very well and the recovery time was quicker then I anticipated. I was back playing sport without any pain. I highly recommend Dr. Mathews and his staff.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

Dr. Roy Mathews's Credentials

• Dr.William M Scholl College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Commercial Insurance Company