Ratings for Dr. David Albiani

Was referred to Dr. Albiani by another Ophtamologist for a possible tear or bleeding in retina. After giving me a very thorough exam he said my retina was fine and that I had a Posterior Vitreous Detachment (something quite common in people my age). Needless to say I was quite relieved. How refreshing to have a doctor with a great bedside manner sand who seems to really want to help and educate his patients. Lovely person. My appt was for 2:30, but was told to could take between 1 to 3 hrs. Happy to say I was finished be 3:30. Staff are friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend Dr. Albania.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Excellent interpersonal communications skills, very professional and kind. His office operates very efficiently and he has a great rapport with patients. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

Did a wonderful job on my surgery. I felt well taken care of. Very professional.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

Dr. Albiani is a person dedicated to his profession and his patients, he took the time to explain what was happening to my eye, (macular traction with a retinal tear) and how to repair it, (Pars Plana Vitrectomy) he was not rushed, he answered my all questions and concerns. The office has all the state of the art equipment, staff is excellent and competent just like Dr. Albiani, it is a busy office but so efficiently managed it is a credit to the profession. Surgery was done in the hospital, the entire time I knew I was in very good hands. My vision has improved daily and now three months later my vision is almost back to normal with my glasses. Dr. Albiani is genuinely concerned with his patients and their care, I can’t express enough how thankful I am that there are specialists like him in the Lower Mainland, I highly recommend Dr. Albiani and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend any other Doctor in this practise as they set the bar for the entire profession.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

I've only had to see Dr Albiani a few times, but in all those times, he had a very friendly manner. Staff there were good and efficient. Although the place could get busy some days, I waiting time wasn't anything to complain about. He didn't really do much except look at my retinas, so I can't comment too much about his knowledge or skill. But I am really thankful to him for referring me to Dr Sonia Yeung, who is an excellent cataract specialist.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

Dr. David Albiani is fantastic. His credentials, bedside manner and his knowledge are all excellent. I am almost phobic about eyes in general but especially my eyes, so that's saying a lot. He is pleasant and unpretentious. This clinic is specialized and in demand. That said, there is usually a wait so just relax and settle in. There's a lot going on behind the scenes, including emergency cases and they are a very efficient team. Comforting to know when you're a patient . When they thought my retina might be detaching based on my symptoms, they wasted no time and were fitting me in same day. Extremely impressive. The wait for excellent care is worth every minute and I'm grateful to be his patient.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

May 11 2015 my first appointment with this office. I was greeted with my friendly, efficient, informative and courteous staff,. Wow! Dr. Albiani was equally friendly, informative, non prideful and professional. My appointment was 0910, I arrived at 0840, filled in forms, dilate pupils, checked eyes, and scan, it was 5-10 min between each calling. My visit was completed by 0920.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

The Dr's are all good, but Dr Albiani is the best in this clinic.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

I recently had laser surgery to repair a hole in my retina. One doctor performed the consultation and another doctor (or intern) performed the surgery in a very rushed manner with absolutely no compassion. They gave me almost no information about my condition or what to expect afterwards. However, I saw Dr. Albiani for the follow-up visit at the same clinic and he was extremely friendly and helpful. He patiently answered the list of questions I had prepared. I can't comment on his surgical skill as he did not perform the laser surgery but he is one of the nicest guys I have ever met in the Health Care field. I would highly recommend him based upon his affable disposition, specialized knowledge, and great patience. I waited 2 hours during my first visit and 1 hour during the follow-up visit but there were approximately 25 people ahead of me in the waiting room each time and most were elderly.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

David Albiani is very personable and professional and invests the time to explain things thoroughly and understandably. He listens carefully in order to answer your questions. I have a great deal of respect for his knowledge. The recommended procedure in my case was a vitrectomy (google it!), performed at VGH. All the staff; the receptionist at Admitting, the four nurses in the Perioperative Care Centre (PCC) and the OR nurses were wonderfully attentive and treated me with great care. Both Terry (anesthetist) and David came to see me before I was wheeled to the OR which added to my confidence in their capabilities. David took the trouble to explain what was about to happen, which was very re-assuring. Everything was right on schedule, as was the follow-up the next day. David Albiani is a first class specialist and he has a great team.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2013