You may also like

Ratings for Dr. David Albiani

I've only had to see Dr Albiani a few times, but in all those times, he had a very friendly manner. Staff there were good and efficient. Although the place could get busy some days, I waiting time wasn't anything to complain about. He didn't really do much except look at my retinas, so I can't comment too much about his knowledge or skill. But I am really thankful to him for referring me to Dr Sonia Yeung, who is an excellent cataract specialist.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

Dr. David Albiani is fantastic. His credentials, bedside manner and his knowledge are all excellent. I am almost phobic about eyes in general but especially my eyes, so that's saying a lot. He is pleasant and unpretentious. This clinic is specialized and in demand. That said, there is usually a wait so just relax and settle in. There's a lot going on behind the scenes, including emergency cases and they are a very efficient team. Comforting to know when you're a patient . When they thought my retina might be detaching based on my symptoms, they wasted no time and were fitting me in same day. Extremely impressive. The wait for excellent care is worth every minute and I'm grateful to be his patient.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

May 11 2015 my first appointment with this office. I was greeted with my friendly, efficient, informative and courteous staff,. Wow! Dr. Albiani was equally friendly, informative, non prideful and professional. My appointment was 0910, I arrived at 0840, filled in forms, dilate pupils, checked eyes, and scan, it was 5-10 min between each calling. My visit was completed by 0920.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

The Dr's are all good, but Dr Albiani is the best in this clinic.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

I recently had laser surgery to repair a hole in my retina. One doctor performed the consultation and another doctor (or intern) performed the surgery in a very rushed manner with absolutely no compassion. They gave me almost no information about my condition or what to expect afterwards. However, I saw Dr. Albiani for the follow-up visit at the same clinic and he was extremely friendly and helpful. He patiently answered the list of questions I had prepared. I can't comment on his surgical skill as he did not perform the laser surgery but he is one of the nicest guys I have ever met in the Health Care field. I would highly recommend him based upon his affable disposition, specialized knowledge, and great patience. I waited 2 hours during my first visit and 1 hour during the follow-up visit but there were approximately 25 people ahead of me in the waiting room each time and most were elderly.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

David Albiani is very personable and professional and invests the time to explain things thoroughly and understandably. He listens carefully in order to answer your questions. I have a great deal of respect for his knowledge. The recommended procedure in my case was a vitrectomy (google it!), performed at VGH. All the staff; the receptionist at Admitting, the four nurses in the Perioperative Care Centre (PCC) and the OR nurses were wonderfully attentive and treated me with great care. Both Terry (anesthetist) and David came to see me before I was wheeled to the OR which added to my confidence in their capabilities. David took the trouble to explain what was about to happen, which was very re-assuring. Everything was right on schedule, as was the follow-up the next day. David Albiani is a first class specialist and he has a great team.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2013

It's now just over three months since I underwent vitrectomy, gas bubble and laser therapy for a detached retina. The expert care and management I received was non-pareil. Dr. Shane Durkin (fellow in ophth) and Dr. Albiani and the anaethesia and OR staff treated me with great care. I golfed yesterday with excellent vision in the operated eye, and I felt very fortunate to have had my vision rehabilitated and restored - actually to at least as good as before (longstanding misting and floaters issue resolved). Thank you, Dr. Albiani and staff. You are the rock-stars of the medical world.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

Best eye doctor in BC. He loves his patients like family and treats them as he would his own. Truly caring doctor. Rare to find these days.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2012

Dr. Albiana is a first-class specialist and surgeon. I saw Dr. Albiana during Christmas for a detached retina. I had to travel from Victoria, but I'm now glad I did. Dr. Albiana and Dr. Butler operated on my eye and my eyesight is now excellent after the operation. I can't thank Dr. Albiana and Dr. Butler enough. We are blessed in BC to have such wonderful, caring surgeons.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

Dr Albiani and his staff give the best care and attention anyone can wish for. He acted so quickly and skillfully to deal with my torn retina and my follow up visits are 100% attentive and effective. The wait in the eye clinic is longer than usual but the doctors there carry a huge caseload of post-operative patients as well as new emergencies and they have to prioritize carefully and appropriately to meet this challenge. I have the highest praise, admiration and gratitude for dr. Albiani’s courteous manners and unbound dedication to his patients.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2011

Dr. David Albiani's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've only had to see Dr Albiani a few times, but in all those times, he had a very friendly manner. Staff there were good and efficient. Although the place co..."

September 9, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. David Albiani is fantastic. His credentials, bedside manner and his knowledge are all excellent. I am almost phobic about eyes in general but especially my ..."

July 16, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "May 11 2015 my first appointment with this office. I was greeted with my friendly, efficient, informative and courteous staff,. Wow! Dr. Albiani was equally fr..."

May 11, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "The Dr's are all good, but Dr Albiani is the best in this clinic."

February 20, 2015