Ratings for Dr. Mark Ashby

Address incorrect. 2821 Alt US hwy 27 takes you to The Tower Square if you allow it. Google Earth shows said address as well as the sign above the door as 2821 and this address is the office of the MRI Associates. If Dr Ashby is in that office then perhaps a sign or notes somewhere anywjere would keep the misinterpretation down. Never did find his office after an hour. Furthermore his recordong says "first time patients just show up" Also theres no person manning a phone so a recordi g is all you get.i took off work funthoughtfulSince he charges the following for no shows Can i charge him 50.00 for being unthoughtful?

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Went without anti-depressants for 3 weeks while secretary dithered with no clue how to answer a prior approval request from the pharmacy. I asked the pharmacy what was wrong and they said they were waiting for a phone call from Ashby's office. That's all! A phone call and the secretary couldn't be bothered even after I explained what was needed three times. I have dealt with incompetence before but this time I encountered it after my daughter passed away from liver cancer on the 23rd of Dec. and I was forced to travel to her funeral in Seattle with no medication whatsoever during one of the most difficult times of my life. I tried again today and the pharmacy said they were still waiting for a phone call...That says it all...Goodbye Ashby.... 3

flag | Submitted December 24, 2014

The 1st comment above is absurd. I found the office staff to be helpful. Although I'm a patient I also work in the medical field. This is a very busy office & Psych patients seem to be more needed & everything is an emergency. I had some extra wait time & Dr Ashby did show concern about it as he explained that appointments are a "set time" & if someone is in crisis he will not rush them to remain on time (impressed it was even acknowledged)I have worked with Physician's for over 20 yrs & have never come across one that showed so much enthusiasm and passion for what he does. This was the first time ANY Dr sat me down with a diagram of the brain & explained what happens in each a every stage of my disease. Also "WHY" he was putting me on the type of medication. He kept me positive & actually excited about the new med & the good response I would see. Your Psych Dr. is the last one you want to change as I have experienced a few nuts myself. VERY KNOWLEDGABLE AND HIGHLY RESCEPTED.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2013

Office staff rude, does not give courtesy reminder calls for appointments,once waited 3 1/2 hours to see Dr. Medication happy. Admits to receiving kickbacks for prescribing. Charges excessive missed appointment fees.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2011

this doctor and staff are the best.He is very helpfull and understands what i say to him. The best that i have felt in years thank you dr ashby

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011

Dr. Mark Ashby's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Beech Street Corporation