Ratings for Dr. Mark Ashby

Went without anti-depressants for 3 weeks while secretary dithered with no clue how to answer a prior approval request from the pharmacy. I asked the pharmacy what was wrong and they said they were waiting for a phone call from Ashby's office. That's all! A phone call and the secretary couldn't be bothered even after I explained what was needed three times. I have dealt with incompetence before but this time I encountered it after my daughter passed away from liver cancer on the 23rd of Dec. and I was forced to travel to her funeral in Seattle with no medication whatsoever during one of the most difficult times of my life. I tried again today and the pharmacy said they were still waiting for a phone call...That says it all...Goodbye Ashby.... 3

flag | Submitted December 24, 2014

The 1st comment above is absurd. I found the office staff to be helpful. Although I'm a patient I also work in the medical field. This is a very busy office & Psych patients seem to be more needed & everything is an emergency. I had some extra wait time & Dr Ashby did show concern about it as he explained that appointments are a "set time" & if someone is in crisis he will not rush them to remain on time (impressed it was even acknowledged)I have worked with Physician's for over 20 yrs & have never come across one that showed so much enthusiasm and passion for what he does. This was the first time ANY Dr sat me down with a diagram of the brain & explained what happens in each a every stage of my disease. Also "WHY" he was putting me on the type of medication. He kept me positive & actually excited about the new med & the good response I would see. Your Psych Dr. is the last one you want to change as I have experienced a few nuts myself. VERY KNOWLEDGABLE AND HIGHLY RESCEPTED.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2013

Office staff rude, does not give courtesy reminder calls for appointments,once waited 3 1/2 hours to see Dr. Medication happy. Admits to receiving kickbacks for prescribing. Charges excessive missed appointment fees.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2011

this doctor and staff are the best.He is very helpfull and understands what i say to him. The best that i have felt in years thank you dr ashby

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011

Dr. Mark Ashby's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)