Ratings for Dr. David M. Heckler

Happy with the practice. Wait can be long but it's worth it.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

The receptionists are beyond rude and very unprofessional. They talk about other patients and about dr heckler himself right in front of other patients. Especially the main girl with curly hair. They bill the wrong insurance company on more than one occasion even when they have been updated with a current card and copied it. They don't call you back about abnormal test results. You have to call them and more than once. Dr. Heckler however is wonderful and knowledgable and the ONLY reason I keep going back there

flag | Submitted November 16, 2014

Worst run office I've ever been to. The receptionists are beyond rude and the office smells like body odor. It's dirty and it looks like they never clean. Shame because dr heckler is very nice and Natalia was a great pa

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Dr Heckler is an execllent doctor,he takes his time to talk to you and examine you thoroughly . his staff is helpful and I have always been called back for abnormal results while the waiting time may be a bit long towards the end of the day remember that this is also a walk in clinic, I would rather wait for someone to examine me and listen to my complaints then be in and out

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

Dr. Heckler is a competent professional who I feel comfortable recommending to family members. However, the poor management of his office overshadows the good care he provides. Appointments are booked 10 minutes apart and generally speaking the doctor is already one-half hour behind before he actually steps in the building. Despite any season, I have yet to wait less than 1.5 hours for a scheduled visit. Test results sit in piles and not once have I received a phone call back regarding said results without first having to initiate the contact myself. Many of the receptionists are discourteous and dismissive. On a number of occasions I have called requesting an appt. due to illness and have been turned away (based upon overbooking) despite the fact that I have been a patient for over 12 years. It's a shame that a doctor's front line staff leave so much to be desired that it takes away from the quality services Dr. Heckler offers.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

This office is a joke. They don't take checks, only cash and credit card. Plus they said they needed my mother's social security number for billing purposes. When I tried to call her to ask her what it was, she didn't answer so I had to leave. I didn't even get to see the doctor. Staff was very rude, and no other doctor that I have ever seen has asked me for someone else's social security number, as if I'm supposed to know it. They're all horrible. I will never go back there again.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2011

caring, spent time with me, friendly staff. doctor made us feel comfortable and cared for.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2010

This office is run like a business, not a doctor's office. While Dr. Heckler himself is actually a good diagnostician, it's very rare that you would actually see him. You almost always have to deal with a nurse practitioner. Natalia misdiagnosed me too...

flag | Submitted November 25, 2009

I have been a patient at Dr. Heckler's office for about 8 years. Not only is the staff knowledgable but they are very courteous as well. You have to remember they are a walk-in clinic as well. So, expect to wait as you would in any other office. I would recommend this office to anyone!!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2009

I went here because they were around the corner from me. They lie about appointment times, I was told 10:30 and did not get in til 12pmish. I was so dizzy and could not even sit in the chair and they did not care. Staff is extremely rude, There is one doctor and I have no idea what the rest of the staff is but I was misdiognosed twice by Natalia. Go to a real doctor not a medical clinic. Doctor Heckler was very rude when I told him I was misdiagnosed and he said maybe I should not come back to his clinic. Nice doctor, huh? If you need your records they charge 75 cents a page, the doctor needs to sign off on them and they can take up to 30 days to get. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2008

Dr. David M. Heckler's Credentials

• St George'S Univ, Sch Of Med, St George'S, Grenada (Grad. 1984)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal