Ratings for Dr. Scott D. Lifchez

He likes to be in charge you can't tell him nothing .

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

Dr. Lifchez did a great job, taking his time to explain what he was planning to do, and then again explaining afterwards what adjustments he had to make mid-surgery based on what he found once he was inside the hand. Great bedside manner and excellent staff.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2012

He appeared to be very condescending and vain when evaluating me in clinic. I had a lot of pain and numbness after the surgery which he did not have any helpful suggestions. From what I hear, there are much better hand surgeons in Baltimore.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2012

Not once on the several occasions my wife and I have met with Scott Lifchez has he spent less than 45 minutes with us, never glancing at his watch or in other ways indicating he wanted to go about his business. He patiently answered in detail every question we put to him, discussed surgical alternatives, and told us what he would advise a relative to do. Prior to my wife's surgery I asked if he would mind if I recorded our conversation to keep the information straight. He said of course, and thanked me for asking. "It's all about your comfort level," he said. He was just as attentive the day of surgery, spending as much time as my wife needed in preop to get her questions answered. We found him to be courteous, engaged, and empathetic, a remarkable combination of good traits in a surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2010

Specializes in hands. Doesn't have very much knowledge or experience. Doesn't listen very well to patient.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2009

Dr. Scott D. Lifchez's Credentials

• Hindi

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1999)

MSP/BC Med