Ratings for Dr. Ruby NG

Unfortunately the negative comments listed by others are true. I was so frustrated with Dr. Ng that I ended up changing doctors. She is reluctant to refer you to specialists and I had to push HARD to get tests done. I once had a breathing problem and she immediately put me on strong asthma meds. She never even sent me to do a simple spirometry test and just assumed it was asthma. I ended up having to go to a walk in Doc to write a paper to get the test done and result turned up negative but to be conclusive I had to have another chemical test at the hospital. I waited 2 months to get the test and all the while I kept taking those strong asthma med daily. And guess what the test concluded for certain I did not have asthma! It was probably just anxiety to begin with and Dr. Ng gave me so much more anxiety for 3 whole months. She is so cold and shows no compassion. Find another family doc if you can!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2018

If there was a negative score I would give that. Both her staff and her are very rude and are consistently over booking so that often there's a 45min wait even with appointment. Once you get in she is a lazy do bare minimum kind of doctor so I don't understand why she's always behind and late when she never spends extra time on patients... she will insist that you book another appointment so she can charge for that. Only reason she has patients is because there's a shortage for female GPs. I would avoid this one at all cost... completely incompetent.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

I've been going to Dr. Ng for about 20 years. She is a horrible doctor and probably 90% of the time she always diagnosed my sickness as seasonal allergies, no matter how sickly or feverish I felt. Her demeanour is unapproachable and she looks more sick than her patients.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

I saw Dr Ruby for a few years. She is really only willing to spend a maximum of 10 minutes with you. It seems that she books a lot of patients per hour. I wouldn't say that she is the most compassionate and nicest doctor I have seen. She is really popular in Richmond because she is a female Western medical doctor who can speak Chinese.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

I really appreciate the fact that she is willing to refer me to specialists when certain symptoms raises concerns. I also agree that she is helpful in offering ways to alleviating symptoms without the use of drugs. Unfortunately, I do have to agree that she appears impassionate.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2013

Unfortunately, it's all about money when it comes to Dr. Ng. She's at that point of her career where she doesn't care about her patients anymore. She used to be OK (I've seen her for many years), but now, she's unprepared and wishy-washy on her decisions. Sometimes you wonder if Dr. Ng really knows what's going on. She double-books her patients so much that it hurts her service quality. She's a nice person and her staff are nice too, but that doesn't mean much if I'm not getting suitable medical attention. Dr. Ng isn't accepting new patients anymore, but if she did, then I give her clinic a "NOT recommended."

flag | Submitted November 8, 2012

flag | Submitted July 6, 2012

I have been seeing her for a few years. All I want to say is that if I have other choices of seeing a different family doctor (others are no longer accepting new patients), I would switch the doctor without a second thought. I agree with other comments that she needs to work on her communication and show more compassion for the patient and her "job". The fact that she seems to prescribe same medication scares me off as well. Staffs are friendly so kudos to them.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

Horrendous...one of the highest billings GPs in Richmond and its obvious why. I don't know how she became a doctor. Has never done a BP. Puts on a white coat that looks like it hasn't been washed since she first started and just cares about getting people out so she can bill MSP. Another garbage physician. I understand how GPs have high overhead and want to make a decent living but christ show some compassion and some good communication.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2010

I have been going to Ruby for years... I find usually the people who see Dr's and expect a prescrioption for every ailment tend to get amoxicillin which I am guessing is what the person below is referring to. it's a great general antibiotic (but yes overprescribed and developing resistance). I think some people expect meds to be a cure all for mild ailments that's why they get the same general meds all of the time... However, I enjoy having Ruby as my doctor and appreciate the fact that she rarely prescribes meds to me for anything...instead offers advice on steps I can take to alleviate symptoms. I use to see a doctor who was a pill pusher. I think with her you get treatment tailored to your needs.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2010