Ratings for Dr. Russel Hills

Dr Hills has removed BCC and SCC from my face and chest. The scars are so fine that they are barely visible. He is extremely knowledgeable about skin conditions and surgical techniques for the best type of treatment for skin conditions. I was so pleased with his work that i sent my husband to him too. He removed skin lesions and also used liposuction to remove an ugly lipoma from his forehead. The result was amazing. No visible scar as he used liposuction. I recommend Dr Hills to all my friends and family.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

Had laser therapy for Rosales. Was told one treatment would get rid of the redness, pustules & stinging. Pustules and stinging settled but renews was barely any better. Then told I would need to attend for multiple follow up treatments for approx $1000 ea. Distrust this man after inaccurate or deceptive initial advice and exorbitant pricing. Do not recommend.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

Two months, I did Fractional Laser with Dr Russell Hills' team in the Wesley Hospital and got a really bad acne infection. My face is all covered in acne and I am struggling to find the right treatment. When the infection started I went back on a Consultation with Dr Hills and he said that his treatment did not cause me the bacterial infection on my face. He prescribed me antibiotics that made the problem worse. I am now trying to find a solution to my bacterial acne infection with other doctors and I totally lost my trust on Dr Hills. I regret that I went for Fractional Laser in his clinic!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

I went for MOS surgery on my nose. It was to remove a small SCC. I was told there would be a gap payment above Medicare but I was not told or expected to have to pay $3k and What mess! I would not recommend using this doctor

Submitted May 16, 2015

I have been using Dr Russell Hills as my Dermatologist for some years. He was recommended to me as one of the best in his field when I started needing small skin cancers and basal cell carcinomas removed on a regular basis. He really is very good at the dermatology-related work, and removing problems with a minimum of scarring. I've always found he and his staff very professional, but they lack warmth and are never particularly friendly. His prices have always been very high, and despite knowing he's the best, I have decided to go elsewhere because I just don't want to continue paying the exorbitant cost. A 10 minute check-up is $220, and I've paid nearly $400 in the past for a 20 minute consultation which consisted of a check-up and a quick biopsy - then received an additional bill for the pathology.

Submitted October 14, 2014

I was referred to Dr Hills from a Skin Cancer Clinic to have laser treatment. Dr Hills was concerned about a mole on my back that the Skin Cancer Clinic advised me was Ok and didn't need to be removed. Dr Hills removed the mole and tests revealed it was a Level 1 Melanoma. I can't thank Dr Hills enough as I was advised to go back in 12 months to the Skin Cancer Clinic. A lot could have happened to a Melanoma in that time. I have since had a BCC removed using Moh's surgery. Dr Hills has done a wonderful job and I recommend him to family and friends. The follow up after surgery is always outstanding. Nothing is a bother. Staff always have returned my calls the same day if they are busy. Yes I have spent a lot of money but how can you put a price on your health. My daughter recently was home from overseas. Dr Hills removed a mole and fortunately it was OK. He fitted her in before she returned home to Switzerland. Thank you again.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2014

I visited Doctor Hills at the suggestion of my wife who had some very succesful cosmetic work done. I had a few sun spots etc that other doctors had said were OK. DR Hills looked at them and over two sessions he removed 11 bits,(some just cosmetic) two of them were Carcenomas, and One was a melanoma which required some more surgery.Dr Hills and His staff kept me well informed and their sevice and friendliness was great. Very professional and very competant. If you want Bright Lights and silver service, go somewhere else. If you want a really good professional Doctor and Medical team, then this is the Doctor to see.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011

No bedside manner whatsoever. Did not assess my face properly and so the result was not achieved even after two visits. Very disappointed.

Submitted November 5, 2009