Ratings for Dr. Michael P. Lewko

Professional and thorough experience. I have multiple rhem conditions and they have been successfully addressed. Great physician and staff !

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

Dr. Lewko - best doctor in NJ. I am Ukrainian and would highly recommended him to Ukrainian Community. He speaks Ukrainian. Dr. Lewko is very kind and caring dr. Very happy with him and staff

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Finally a doctor who tries to help me! I have had others where they listen and don't do anything. Dr Lewko listens and tries to a solution. Very happy with him and staff is always happy.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012

After going to two rheumatolgists for treatment, had lab result, which were explained to me by a very competent doctor, Dr Lewko. Listened to me (others. Did not)! Its refreshing to find a doctor who not only has strong technical skills regarding medicine, but also has people skills. He spends ample time with patients and in an urgent situation makes an effort to accomidate the patient.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2011

Dr Lewko is a very kind and caring dr. Although he runs late with his appt. he spends time with you and does not rush through your apppt. He explains all labs and meds with you. If something is not right with labs and it is not his specialty he refers you to a good collegue who thinks and treats his patients like he would. I have a chronic disease and need a dr who is up to date on the latest treatments and Dr. Lewko is that person.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

The doctor is a nice man, but his associate Dr. Grinchenko is wonderful. She's warm, kind hearted, empathetic and just lovely. However, the office staff is the worst I've ever seen. They are rude, and most indiscreet. I was sitting in a full waiting room once and across the room I heard, "Eileen, are you paying anything today?" That is just embarrassing. Granted, I owe the doctor money, but isn't what Medicare pays adequate? If a doctor knows you have no other insurance other than Medicare and they accept you anyway, don't you think they should just accept Medicare pays? I was also told, by a staff member, that "What do you think? We work for free?" My outstanding balance is a little high, but I know the doctors received thousands of dollars from Medicare for my treatments. I would think that instead of treating a patient so rudely and so abruptly, that they should think maybe they will lose that patient and all the money that Medicare pays as well. They didn't care.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2010

best doctor ever. very knowledgeable and specializes not just in rheumatology but also in geriatrics and osteoporosis. Many of my friends and relatives have seen Dr Lewko and everyone is satisfied 100%. Staff is very helpful as well although at times may be a little stressed out and rude. However comparing to other offices get the job done 100% (i guess this is why they are so stressed out :) Few times had to wait over an hour to the see the doctor but what office doesn't make you wait? especially those that are number 1 in their field in Northern New Jersey. I have seen people in wheel chairs and walkers pull up to the office with ridiculous arthritis and within a period of time Dr. Lewko had them walking and functioning at their fullest potential. would highly recommend him!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2009