Ratings for Dr. Donald E. Poland

In 2003 I decided to have Lasik surgery and free myself from the burden of glasses and contacts. Almost 10 years later I still have 20/20 vision. Dr. Poland’s extensive training made me extremely confident in his skills and ability. The reassurance of his skills was not to be surpassed by his attentiveness and professionalism. Being a triathlete, the transition from the water to land was always a challenge with contacts. The freedom that Lasik has afforded me is worth its weight in gold. Sports and activities are no longer hindered due to the constraints of glasses and contacts. Thank you Dr. Poland for giving me the ability to enjoy the activities I love and opening up a world of possibilities to try new ones. My quality of life has been greatly improved.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2012

Very cold, robotic staff -- doctor included. I was quite mechanically led from room to room, with very minimal discussion. Dr Poland did not explain processes well. There was hardly any mutual dialogue - even when I tried to draw him out of what seemed to be his deep blue funk. He ignored most of my questions and answered a few in short quips. But, to top it all, the prescription he wrote was inaccurate and the glasses I ordered had to be returned.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2012

Dr. Donald E. Poland's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

A native of Kingston, Tennessee, Dr. Poland graduated from medical school from the University of Tennessee, Memphis in 1982. He performed his ophthalmology residency at Erlanger Medical Center in Chattanooga. After completion of his residency, Dr. Poland was awarded a prestigious fellowship in corneal disorders and refractive surgery at the Louisiana State University Eye Center, New Orleans— recognized as a world leader in patient care, medical education, and in research to preserve and restore vision. Dr. Poland specializes in LASIK, premium implant cataract surgery, glaucoma, macular degeneration, and diabetic eye disease. Dr. Poland has performed over 15,000 surgical procedures since opening his private practice in 1988. Dr. Poland is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology, and is a member of many local, state and national medical societies, including the Gwinnett County Medical Society, the Medical Association of Georgia and the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

• English

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

• LASIK eye surgery