Ratings for Dr. Ryan D'Souza

We have been going to Dr D'Souza for 4 years now. He is very caring with our children and very thorough in his approach. Definitely recommended.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. D'Souza's for 4 years and I have no problem with his professional expertise, acumen, demeanor. Although Dr. D'Souza is all of the right traits, his secretarial staff can often be difficult to work with.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Upon moving to the area from Calgary, my wife and I had a terrible time finding a local GP. I have a number of serious health problems. I went through open heart surgery, aggressive treatment for Crohn's, and treatment for strokes and a seizure disorder during the first 3 years we were here, all without a GP. After 3 years, we finally found one who would take us on - Dr D'Souza. It's been about 3-1/2 years since we became his patients, and we both love him. Others on this site complain about his scheduling and hours of operation, and they do have a point. It seems that he works limited hours, but we have never had a serious problem with this. If I had to suggest an area for improvement, it would be with the telephone/answering. It is not possible to leave a message, and it can be difficult to get through sometimes. Other then this one issue, we feel very lucky to be his patients. He is a warm and kind man, with wonderful bedside manners. He takes his time to listen carefully to your issues, and never, never rushes you. My wife in particular can be very intimidated by Doctors, and has left other Doctor's offices in tears, but not Dr D'Souza. She feels that he goes out of his way to make her feel comfortable, and I would agree. As I said, we just love this guy, and feel privileged to be his patients. For those of you who make negative comments on this site: Can you imagine a site where Doctors rated you as a patient? When we see our Doctors, we are usually at our worst. We may be uncomfortable, in pain, frustrated, frightened, and/or afraid. Some of us may be demanding, irritable, or outright hostile. On top of this, there are a lot of people suffering from drug addiction issues that will greatly complicate a Doctor's day. When you do get in to your Doctor's exam room, he or she has most likely worked his way through a long line of these types of patients before seeing you. I really think we should all cut him/her some slack! It can't be easy. If you try to treat them and their staff with respect, I'll wager that your appointment will be a lot more pleasant for the both of you.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

Dr. D'Souza is our family doctor for the past 3 years, and we hold him in high regard. He is punctual, we have never waited more than 15 minutes (my previous doctor used to make us 45 mins to 1 hour). He is caring, kind, and very knowledgeable. We've never felt rushed out of his office; he always takes time to diagnose. Overall we are extremely pleased with Dr. D'Souza

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Worst receptionist I ever encountered. She couldn't organize a one band parade. Dr D'Souza was okay not great if he bothered to show up that day. Three hour wait one time. So happy we were able to find another doctor and be done with this clown show. Even then the receptionist called us several times to follow up on why she hadn't booked a referral. Four calls later she finally understood when we said we had changed doctors.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

I have no issue with Dr. D'Souza, he has always been pleasant enough with me and my family. The issue I have is with how the office is run. We are always receiving calls the day before or the day of an appointment, saying they need to reschedule. For a family of two working parents that need to take time off work to visit his office, these last minute changes are not at all appreciated. If I could change doctors, I probably would, just because of the constant cancellations. Too bad, because he is really a nice guy.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2014

I booked an appointment two weeks ago and they just called to cancel it, less than two hours before the appointment. I have a life and had to postpone an important meeting in order to see the doctor. I have seen the doctor three times and he has been always late.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

This guy is a joke. I had been seeing him for years for the same issue and thought he was doing what was best for me. Little did I know that what he was actually doing was causing me more internal damage. Things have been done that cannot be undone and I am suffering the consequences of his lack of good judgement, knowledge and research. I have never felt like he actually cared for me as a person because every appointment was rushed and he often left me in tears because he would say "well Im not sure what to do". YOURE A DOCTOR! YOU SHOULD FIGURE IT OUT!!! And his secretaries are awful. Just terrible. I have needed a referral to different specialists and I always have to call and remind them. Please. Do yourself a favor. Find another doctor!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

I've been a patient of Dr. D'asouza for 3 yrs and have no complaints. I have no intentions of changing doctor's anytime soon. As a matter of fact I'll continue to travel from St.Thomas to Waterloo as he has gained my trust completely. He's very thorough and his staff is very polite. His office is often packed which is a good sign and patience is required as you wait your turn.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2012

After years of searching for a doctor, my fiancé and I were thrilled to get an appointment with Dr. D'Souza. Unfortunately, the search continues: he informed me that he "doesn't recommend" contraception, nor does he prescribe it (for "religious and health reasons", pretty sure the former outweighs the latter), so I will still have to go to the walk-in clinic to get a prescription for birth control. Also, when he was going over my fiancé's chart with him, he made some comment about his family history, saying, "well at least you don't have diabetes in your family, that's a bad one!" and if he'd actually LOOKED at my chart, he would've seen that I have diabetes in MY family, so that was an incredibly inconsiderate comment to make, especially as a kind of joke. I am really disappointed in the whole experience, and outraged that he refuses to prescribe birth control.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012