Ratings for Dr. John H. Hicks

Saw him for depression hoping to find an alternative to medication. He prescribed at least ten very expensive supplements on sale at his office. (Of which you can get cheaper versions at Walgreens!) It sounds like I"m exaggerating the number of supplements, but I'm truly not. I went back for a second appointment because I was desperate, and he suggested I take even more supplements. It was a huge financial drain and did not help. Don't go here. Some alternative medicine can be helpful, and there are helpful supplements. But you don't need to take 20 at once, and you can buy them cheaply at Walgreens or Walmart.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2014

I recently went to see Dr. Hicks. He saw me for 20 minutes and after that and all the supplements that was suggested the bill came to over $500. I knew going into this appointment that it was not covered under my insurance, but I didnt think that it was going to be this much. Needless to say I went to my regular doctor and had the blood tests done and guess what.. everything was fine. Didnt need all the supplements. I know that I will NOT go there again.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2012

charges for unnecessary testing and recommends his own supplements even if they aren't necessary

flag | Submitted June 21, 2012

I saw Dr. Hicks recently knowing ahead of time that holistic appointments are not covered by my insurance. I found Dr. to be very knowledgable and helpful. He suggested various supplements which were available for purchase at location! Everyone was so friendly, I will be back!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

The insurance company would not pay because they did not agree with his methods. My insurance company has never rejected a bill before. When I used all of his expensive and plentiful medicines that he sells, there was no improvement in my condiditon and he wouldn't really talk to you unless you made another expensive appointment with still no results. I'm not sure how this Dr. is still in business.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2011

I went to this Dr. because I heard he was natural Dr. Unfortunately none of his natural supplements did me any good and cost way too much since he prescribes around 15 or 20 of them. I don't get how anyone can afford to go to him. If he would have gotten me better, then it wouldn't have seemed like a total waste of money but he couldn't do even that. My problem was a common enough problem that he should have been able to help. If his "bag of tricks" wasn't big enough to help my health, he should have said so.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2009