Ratings for Dr. Eric S. HAVENS

My husband can best be described as one who hates taking orders, being told what to do, you get it. He recently was faced with the option of choosing a new dr due to insurance concerns and our proximity to Dr Havens (who is very far away from us) My husband wanted to continue as Dr. Havens's patient. Knowing my husband as I do, it spoke volumes as to the level of comfort, and respect he has for Dr. Havens. My husband finds Dr. Havens compassionate, understanding and competent. My hat is off to this wonderful Dr. and his ability to see beyond the pressing medical isues, but rather into his patient's makeup and soul.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2014

dr havens is a great doctor he takes his time with each patient and cares about his patients,his staff are very busy and helpful would recommend him to anyone whose looking for a doctor

flag | Submitted May 2, 2012

I have been going to Dr.Havens for the past 10 years. He is a wonderful doctor he really cares about his patients. i have tried other doctors but none compare to him.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

They are never puntual. They are fine but they are not great.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2011

Dr Haven and his staff have seen my family for over 7 years and have always been very professional. I agree that sometimes the wait is long to see them, but that is because they spend so much time with patients. He is caring and honest and always makes time to see us.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

Dr. Havens is a great doctor and well worth the wait. I think the reason they are always running late is that they spend more time with patients than the insurance company alloted 15 minutes. The staff is friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2010

In terms of the Hippocratic Oath "do no harm" Dr Eric Havens gets a failing grade. I came home from work one night, and my wife is no where to be found. After an hour I start going through phone records to try to find out where she might have gotten to. Lo' and behold there are sever text message communications between her and a number I did not recognize, including several that very morning. So I call the cell number and whose voice mail box is it but the Dr himself. So I call him out for being with my wife on the message, then I call my wife's phone, to only get the voice mailbox as well, so I leave her messages expressing my rage. So what do they do after getting the messages, they go out to dinner, and have drinks and yuck it up until 11pm. During which time I call the police to file a missing persons report, have everyone worried, and am going crazy at home. There are so many ways that this crosses lines, but in a doctor patient relationship, it is even more of a transgression.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2010

My only complaint about Doctor Havens is that he (or his office) isn't very punctual. I know it sounds kind of petty, but my time is important to me and if I can keep my appointment, I think he should keep the appointment as well. I've had to wait up to an hour after my appointment time before the nurse called me to get my weight and blood pressure. Then I usually have to wait another 15-20 minutes before the doctor sees me. Most of the time it isn't that bad, but I have rarely been seen within 10 minutes of my appointment time. Other than that, he's a good doctor. I've seen both Dr. Havens and his PA and would (and have) recommend him to anybody else.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

Dr. Havens is an amazing physician. He has always taken the best care of our entire family for over 16years. He is a physician who is dedicated above and beyond to the exceptional care of his patients. His expert medical treatment combined with his desire to care for my family in the same way he would care for his own family is greatly valued. I highly recommend family physician Dr. Havens. It is a privileged to be his patient.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2009

I went to Dr. Haven's office yesterday but I couldn't get in to see him so I saw his Physician's assistant. There were about 3 or 4 women at the front desk when I arrived and they all ignored me. I was a new patient so I knew I would need to fill out some info so I waited for one of them to acknowledge me. They all seemed very busy but when one women got off the phone I asked her if I could start filling out the papers and she told me that I needed to wait my turn. she was very abrupt and rude. I sat down and waited for about 5 more minutes before they gave me the forms. They took my ID and Insurance card at that time as well. I finished and waited for another 30 minutes before they called me back. When I went back they realized they weren't ready for me and asked me to sit in the hallway and wait some more. I hadn't gotten back my ID and Ins card yet and they had to search for it. The office was cluttered and dirty and the equipment was ancient. They were a mess!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2009

Dr. Eric S. HAVENS's Credentials

• West Virginia School Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Top Hospitals in Reston, VA