Ratings for Dr. Douglas F. Griffin

I went to see Dr. Griffin on a referral from a friend who thought he was good. The first visit was positive. He took x-rays of my foot and told me I had a bone spur on the side of my foot butting into a nerve causing my pain. I could either wear a pad to protect the bone spur from digging into my nerve or I could have a 5 minute surgery to lop it off. I opted for the surgery but with a trip to Europe looming I also got the pads to shield my foot. Last week, I returned to his office for preop. My foot was much better so I was not under the haze of pain. When I asked about General Anesthesia vs spinal he said he "didn't want me talking to him during the surgery". When I pressed him about the recovery time he became hostile and told me to leave and find another doctor. He seemed agitated and defensive and was very, very rude. It was really bizarre! I am still scratching my head. I have since had a 2nd opinion no bone spur was found and with cortisone shot I am pain free.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2009

Dr. Douglas F. Griffin's Credentials

• California College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1998)