Ratings for Dr. Farris Fahmy

Dr fahmy is by far the best gyno i have ever delt with. He delivered my son 4 years ago and is delivering my other son this year. He was amazing!! As soon as i got to the hospital i was immediately given the epidoral . Needless to say i didnt feel a thing.. He is very professional, respectful, and very informative when you have any kinds of questions. He is very silly and a lil sarcastic at times but i feel that he does it in a such a funny, humble, and harmless way that it really doesnt bother me at all. I actually feel that he does it to make you feel comfortable and take your mind off of the whole gyno check up embarrasing feel.. I love my doctor and would higly recommend him... 8-11-2013

flag | Submitted August 10, 2013

I love Dr. Fahmy! I've been a patient of his since he used to practice up at New York Presbyterian hospital and of course followed him over to AsterOBGYN. He delivered my first son last year and was very knowledgeable and attentive to the baby's health as I had GD. He does like to joke around a bit so you have to have a sense of humor dealing with him but when you need him to be serious he is and answers all of your questions or concerns thoroughly. He's a very direct type of dr. and i dont mind his style at all. I had a C-section and was up walking the next day! he did a wonderful low lying incision, you can barely see it! Hands down the best gyno and only male gyno i've ever had! The only downside is that he only delivers babies at Roosevelt Hospital in Mid Manhattan but other than that he's great and I plan on sticking with him for my OB/GYN needs!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2012

This is the worst ob/gyn I have ever been to mostly for his crudeness. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing. First off let me discuss two of the many vulgar and off-color comments he made. 1) "Have you ever had a $20,000 piece of equipment in you?" as he was doing a transvaginal ultrasound - as if I'm supposed to be flattered - I was so offended I didn't even know what to say &when I discussed wanting to conceive he said,"I call it, getting knocked up." Not funny. I give him an F. Not to mention his ridiculous prices. I will never return.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011

His office is state-of-the-art, complete with heated toilet seats! Everything in his office is computerized; perscriptions, appointments, patient records. However, if what you are looking for is a personal touch, you can get that too. His staff is wonderful & friendly and Dr. Fahmmy is Knowledgeable, warm, & funny. I have been seeing him for about two and a half years and trust him completely to take care of my ob/gyn needs.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2010

I had a negative experience with Dr. Fahmy, he is very stringent about weight gain and does not give guidance with regard to tests and next steps in the pregnancy. He over schedules his office and has a very brusque manner. If you want someone who will give you information without you having to beg for it go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2010

Dr. Fahmy is wonderful! He delivered both my sons -- incredibly warm bedside manner, extremely knowledgeable and highly attentive. I felt very confident while under his care. He and his wife were an integral part of a positive experience for my family -- from pregnancy through delivery! Every step of the way...

flag | Submitted December 28, 2009

I came to Dr. Fahmy after I detected I was pregnant, and has been staying with him for almost 8 months. Since then I found Dr. Fahmy very knowledgeable, caring, responsible and trustworthy. That's all I need for an ob! He is one of the few obs that doing solo practice and also the few obs that promise the patient he will be there for sure when the baby comes. This made my husband and I relieved for some extent as first time parents.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2009

Best experience I have ever had. Great bedside manners. The office is beautiful and the staff is very friendly. I would highly recommend to everyone I know.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2009

Dr. Farris Fahmy's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 2001)

Highmark Bcbs