Ratings for Dr. Mitchell D. Shikoff

Long waiting time, always charges more over insurance payment and co-payment without any explanations. When presents you with treatment options, always tries to talk you in the one that benefits him more than the patient. Typical privet practice podiatrist ( plastic surgeon, dentist etc.), that's why 2 stars, not one.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

This doctor needs 48 hours notice of cancellation. Otherwise you will get a $75 dollar bill and they will tack on $10 a month until paid. It will go to a collection agency if not paid. I called over 24 hours before my appt to reschedule. It wasn't good enough. He will not see a penny from my or the other people on line that had the same issue.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

Dr. Shikoff is the Best in Town!! Any foot problems? Than He is the doctor to see!! Had a small surgical procedure which he did a great job of. Staff is extremely friendly and All have a great attitude and sense of humor. Highly Recommend!!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

This office is great. Dr. Shikoff was wonderful. He explained everything clearly and was very gentle. I needed an injection and I hardly felt it. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. I've already recommended 2 of my friends and they were thrilled with the office. Thank you Dr. Shikoff!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2016

Do not recommend! Dr. Shikoff Spoke to ... and treated my 91 year old Mother with no respect nor dignity!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Dr.Shikoff and staff were friendly, knowledgeable, and thorough. I had a problem which required a surgery that was done in the office. My problem was completely resolved. I had no issues with insurance or post operative visits. Everything was fully explained. I have already recommended this office to my friend. I highly recommend Dr. Shikoff.

Submitted March 14, 2013

We found Dr.Shikoff and staff to be extremely pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable. My wife had broken her foot which required surgery. The doctor explained everything very well and the surgery went exactly as we were told. He made both of us feel very comfortable. We only had to pay our copay. The post surgery visits were included. My son who is 13 years old than saw Dr.Shikoff for pain in his heel. He loved the doctor. Half the time he had him laughing . My son is now running around again like crazy. We were very happy with the service we received and recommend Dr.Shikoff to all our friends and family. You shouldn't hesitate to try him. You'll be happy.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2011

Shikoff performed a surgery on my daughter's foot, due to chronically infected nails. We were told to return for a recheck. We returned after 14 days (the time period he insisted on) He looked at the wound; billed us again even though this was a surgical recheck. When I asked, dr said that it's only a recheck IF we were seen within 10 days & that this was a problem with the insurance co. I called my insurance and was told that it is up to the doctor-NO SUCH RULE! I called the dr and was basically told that I was out of luck. It was my understanding that both sides of the nail would be done at the same time, (standard protocol for this type of surgery.) After arriving home and unwrapping the bandage, we found that only 1 side had been done. As expected, the other side is again infected and he wants to operate AGAIN. He insisted that this is how he always does this procedure, but that is absolutely NOT what I was told.-Dr was rude & condescending-not honest.Don't recommend.

Submitted November 3, 2009