Ratings for Dr. Phil Chang

Great friendly staff. Will do anything to help. Dr Chang is a caring and empathetic doctor.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2019

Confidence is what I felt when I met Dr. Chang. He recently did a Cochlear Implant surgery on my 7 month old daughter. At no time did my husband or I worry about the surgery our little girl was about to have. Both Dr. Chang and his lovely staff were caring, kind and explained everything in detail, which really put us at ease. He has given her the absolute best start in life that a little girl with hearing loss could hope for, and we are very grateful to him and his staff.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2019

Dr. Chang saved my child’s life. He booked my child in for surgery to have tonsils removed as quickly as possible and we were so confident and trusted him completely. His genorosity and genuine concern for my child’s health is something we will forever be grateful for.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2019

From doctor to specialist (Dr Chang) for consultation/diagnosis, then to hospital for operation all in four days - terrific and prompt service. Dr Chang and his team are always informative, pleasant and helpful. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2019

Whilst Dr Chang's manner was pleasant, he didn't answer my question regarding the risk involved in getting tonsils removed in a direct manner and I felt rushed. The appointment took about 15 mins but he was running late so we waited over an hour. When I asked what his gap fee was, he didn't tell me upfront. His secretary's didn't either and I was shocked to get an email quoting over $3000 for his gap which was more than 6 times what another surgeon charged. After going through this experience I realised that Surgeons already know how much they charge and should be upfront about what the maximum cost would be to give patients an indication of what their likely to pay minus their healthfund entitlements (if any). I found it really unfair too that it's playing on your emotions when you're there for an "expert"opinion regarding your child's health and when a sense of urgency is created, it's like you're being guilt tipped into paying a hefty price.

Submitted January 21, 2019

Dr Chang is a truly special person, quite rare to find a Dr as kind and caring as him! I’ve had him look after my hearing for the past few years and he always makes feel secure with his care. The way he explains my health circumstance to make sure I understand, and always checks in to see how I’m feeling emotionally about it too is amazing. I had major surgery at the beginning of the year to remove an acoustic neuroma and he was able to put me at ease during the lead up to the surgery, knowing that I was in safe and careful hands. Dr Chang is a remarkable and compassionate doctor that I am so grateful to have!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2018

I have been recommended by other's Dr to see Dr Chang after exhausted all the resources, the moment that I step into Dr clinic at Darlinghurst I first thought was I am in safe hand. Dr Chang professional, skill full, kind and caring, and lot of knowledge, I am so happy with the outcome, I had my sinuses block and head injuries since I was young boy, for the first time in in 50 years I am able to smell, to take a deep breath (sigh) for the first time I was able delivery oxygen to the brain and it was amazing what a difference it make quality of life 100% betterI still have few more with Dr for more surgeries I couldn't described enough how good the Dr is, I would recommended to any one who come to his office. the staff are lovely and wonderful people. on this note I would take this opportunity to say thank you to all the staff @ Darlinghurst and @ St judge hospital, love your work, you all very busy but you all customer service are above and beyond. to Dr Chang you are wonderful person.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2018

Dr Chang is professional, kind and caring and was excellent with our infant son who received a cochlear implant. He immediately put us at ease and we were well informed before, during and after the procedure. He patiently and thoughtfully answered all of our questions and we definitely felt our son was in very safe hands. I would definitely recommend Dr Chang and his team.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2018

Dr Chang is a kind and thoughtful person. His approach to explain my medical situation was very helpful and enabled me to understand the next step to surgery. At post surgery, Dr Chang was very helpful and understanding of my needs. I at all times feel very comfortable talking to Dr Chang and would recommended him to my colleagues.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2018

From the moment he locks eyes with you and his gentle handshake grips yours, you know that you are in good hands. We had the pleasure of meeting Dr Phillip Chang last week after going through a tough 12 months being shuffled from one doctor to another. He was not only reassuring but knowledgable in how to treat our most precious possession, our son. He took his time explaining what needed to be done, and boy did he do it. A professional in ever sense of the word and wasn't motivated by anything other than helping our son. When a doctor greets you with the words "He walked in as your son ,but he is now mine to care for" what more can a parent want. Dr Chang really takes pride in being a doctor and this truly shows by his softly spoken compassion and empathy. His staff were not only gentle but caring as well. Dr Chang takes pride in caring and isn't motivated by anything other to help his patients. God bless him and his family and I hope that the Lord gives what he gives to his patients trifold. Mona

flag | Submitted August 28, 2018