Ratings for Dr. Aspen S. LANEMAN

Horrible. My appointment was set 3 weeks ago for 230 today. I arrived at 210 and didn't leave until 540. I had to call the front office to see if they forgot me after an hour and a half of sitting in the examination room freezing with just a hospital gown on. I could forgive a long wait if the doctor or staff were friendly. Or even if the doctor was thorough. When she finally came in to talk to me, she acted annoyed and rushed. She wasn't in the room for over 3 minutes. Before I left, I asked for a customer survey or way to give them feedback. They don't even have that. So I couldn't even inform them of my horrible experience.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

Dr. Laneman is wonderful and I've had only great experiences with the staff. I have encountered long waits but find it worth it.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

It sounds like a lot of people here are blaming docs for being fallible people, which is unrealistic. Dr Laneman is currently taking great care of me thru a threatened miscarriage. The office staff is amazing and caring. Dr Laneman is straight forward. Her manner is a bit quirky but I like that about her. I want drs to be people with me.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

No wait. Provided documents so I could get mammogram while I was in the bldg. Dr was knowledgeable of my situation. Answered all my questions.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

First of all, the office staff got my name mixed up with another one, but I figured that mistake out when they started asking me how I was feeling (I was not pregnant). Also, I was having my first ever cholesterol screening that day in combination with my checkup. The staff failed to tell me that I was supposed to fast starting the previous evening. They acted annoyed with me for having eaten and told me my reading would be off. Dr. Smith (now Laneman) was late to my appointment and acted bothered to even be there. I am not sexually active, but I have to get a referral from an obgyn every year to schedule my mammogram. She acted put out and as if I was wasting her time. After she finished the checkup, I was supposed to go to get the cholesterol test done. Well, I guess the staff forgot about me because I sat in the room for about 5-10 minutes waiting for someone to give me instructions. I finally peeked my head out to remind them I was there. Horrible experience. I will never return.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2014

This doctor was great. I am not sure why she has bad ratings. I was able to get in ASAP even as a new patient. Her staff made me feel 100% comfortable. Dr. Laneman was just as awesome. She let me ask as many questions as I needed too. She didn't make me feel rushed or unimportant. For my first visit she gets 5 on everything. I am so glad I found her. I am very picky when it comes to doctors especially this type of doctor. I am also very shy. So, with that being said I was very pleased. Seriously if you need a new gyno she is the person you want. Very personable and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

If I could I would giveher a 0. First she was the oncall dr that delivered my baby. She refused to call the pediatrician to look at my baby. As a result my baby was pre term and almost died bc of her actions. A nurse 10hrs later had to rush my baby to the nicu and he had emergency surgery. She stated that the baby was fine which was a lie. He was born without a butt hole! She lied on my chart and made the nurse change what she wrote. First she put in my chart that I had a level 2 tear. Which was a lie. I tore through my bottom. Then she waited until my meds wore off to stitch me back up. It took about an hour to of intense pain of her stitching me. (While she was working on me she was talking about drinking beer a hills and dales with the other nursez). I would recomend a midwife before ever using this lady. I had to go to austin and to treat my tear bc my dr in sa would not treat me after her. Once I got a second independent opinion I learned that it was a level 4.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

I was diagnosed with AdenoCarcinoma Insitu by Aspen however she wasn't able to answer any of my questions. Adenoacarcinoma insitu (almost cancer) of the cervix is caused by HPV and she point blank told me that no it wasn't. I knew that it was from my previous doctor who unfortunately moved. I was referred to an oncologist and had surgery for the adenocarcinoma however I constantly had Bacterial Vaginosis after my surgery and when I went to go see her about it she told me she didn't know why I was getting it and oudln't tell me when it would go away or how to prevent it. I went to my GP and he was able to tell me that it was due to lack of good bacteria from sterilization in surgery and that I can't take baths. I won't be going to Aspen again... very unknowledgable but pretends to know a lot.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2012

Dr. Smith would make me feel uncomfortable with her answers to my questions but she was still nice enough that I never knew how to react. Over time she gained my trust and by 38 wks I felt comfortable. I did tell her that I DIDN'T want to have a c-section & she told me she would do everything to make sure I had a vaginal delivery. I also told her that I did not want to be paranoid but I just wanted to make sure that SHE would be the Dr. to deliver my baby. She said that she would definitely be the Dr. to deliver my baby. At 38wks she told me I was almost 4cm dilated and my cervix was 100% thinned out & it was time to have a baby. I went in the next morn and got induced around 7am and shortly after she came in to check my progress and said I was almost 2cm dilated. I said, "I thought you said yesterday I was almost 4cm?" Her response to me was awkward. At the end of the day I HAD a unwanted c-sect bc she told me if I didn't want to have a c-sect she wouldn't deliver my baby. WORST ever!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

She was rude to me and didn't take me seriously. I am 20 and got pregnant at 18. Whenever I'd ask her a serious question, she gave me a weird look as if I was too young and dumb to understand anything. But when my mom came with me, she acted totally differnt! She would take me seriously when my mom was there, but when my mom couldn't make it, it was back to the same old bs. She was even talking to my mom more than she was with me! She didn't listen to me so I switched doctors. I went to La Mar Albritton. He is wonderful! Girl doctors are too hormonal and catty. Dr. Albritton was nice and listened to everything I had to say. I don't recommend Aspen Smith. I also went to her before I knew I was pregnant for birth control. She wouldn't let me get a pap smear because she said I would have to have a reason to get it. If she would've given me one, I would've found out that I was pregnant instead of waiting almost 2 months later to find out! I missed out on 2 months of prenatal care.Horrible.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2011

Dr. Aspen S. LANEMAN's Credentials

• University Of North Texas Health Science Center At Fort Worth (Grad. 2004)