Ratings for Dr. Marlon S. Smith

Dr. Marlon Scott Smith prepared two of my molar teeth; #14(8/28/1989) and #3(2/20/1991) for crowns. Two Dentist's later told me that the #3 crown was incorrectly installed as it had an opening at the back which would permit bacteria to enter. I paid to remove and replace the crown at my own expense. Dr. Smith used too much heat to grind down #14 to prepare it for a crown and killed the nerves and blood vessels in the pulp chamber of #14. Necrotic decay resulted and I was later forced to pay for a root canal ($769.50) which I should not have had to do. Dr. Smith switched from a filling to a root canal on #4, bicuspid on 6/7/1995. He told me in the middle of the filling that he was going to do a root canal. An ethical Dentist would have informed the patient BEFORE the appointment, not during the appointment, of what to expect. Anyone seeking dental care should avoid Dr. Marlon Scott Smith. He is unprofessional and cavalier in his approach towards patients.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2009

Dr. Marlon S. Smith's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, Davis, Sch Of Med, Davis Ca 95616 (Grad. 1999)

Commercial Insurance Company