Ratings for Dr. David E. Samuel

Super doctor and surgeon. Explained my issue which was quite complex. After seeing several doctors over a year I was referred to Dr. Samuel and he operated my ankle and removed damaged tissue and fragment and repaired my ligaments. In a short time was back to full running and moving on the field after more than a year of pain. He is very knowledgable and very nice. He gets pretty busy sometimes in the office but for good reason. He's good and people want to see him. Well worth any delays in the office. He takes his time with you even if busy. He has fixed my friends bunion and took care of her fathers bad diabetic wound that was open for more than a year. He fixed his issue and wound healed. See Dr. Samuel for any of your foot and ankle needs. Won't go wrong.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

I am seeing Dr. Samuel now. He is wonderful in explaining everything that is going on and will not do anything more than necessary. He will do surgery as a last attempt! He takes his time with you and that is why I gave him a good on punctuality! I don't mind waiting if it is a great doctor, which he is definitely! He is treating a wound on me and because it is not in a good place, he said it will take time. I will tell anyone about him, if they need someone!! Not sure what that bad rating was about, but you have to give a person more than one or two try's and you must listen to what he says!! He is a great Doctor. Thank you!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

I LOVE Dr. Samuel!!! When I first went to see him, it was because I could no longer see the podiatrist I was seeing because my insurance had changed, so I was a little hesitant about changing doctors, but am beyond happy that I was forced to make the switch! The first time I saw him was for a Morton's Neuroma, which the other doctor had been treating me but never agreed with the diagnosis. Dr. Samuel tried some conservative things first but I wasn't getting any relief, so he performed surgery, which was a complete success! I've recommended him to multiple people, including my aunt who is a nurse and both her and my uncle have diabetes, and everyone I've sent to him has loved him also. And then I had to switch doctors because of insurance reasons, and the other doctor was a total quack, my first visit to the new doctor, he told me I needed to have a total joint replacement on my big toe, so I went out of network and paid cash for a second opinion with Dr. Samuel, who did one injection and I haven't had a problem with that toe since. The reason why I am commenting now, even though the first time I saw him and had surgery was in 2001, was because I saw the one negative review and was extremely unhappy with how that person bashed him, because she was unhappy because she didn't get what she wanted from him. He is not the doctor to go to if YOU think there is something wrong and YOU want a certain treatment or surgery, he will only treat you if it's medically necessary, not because YOU think you need a certain treatment. If you're doctor shopping for a certain treatment/procedure, he is not the doctor for you because he will not do what YOU WANT but only what is MEDICALLY NECESSARY and always tries a conservative approach first!!!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Dr Samuel did emergency surgery and treatment for 8 months. I had a very pleasurable experience and would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2013

Dr Samuel is a great Doctor - I really don't think you should base a rating on such a small sample - He just did 5 procedures n my foot so I can run again, which is very important to me - he knows that and made sure I knew the risks - that is why I went ahead and did it - he was cautious and everything he said was correct - I am happy because of Dr Samuel even though I have a few more days in the boot

flag | Submitted May 10, 2012

Dr Samuels is wonderful. I love him. He has a great personality and very cute. I went to him for Planters Fasciitis, he gave me a shot and after three visits no more pain. (sadley I have no need to see him again) I like him so much that my husband uses him now, he has diabetes and Dr Samuels has been great to him as well. We love him.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2012

This Dr david samuel and its staff are HORRIBLE!! I went in for my very 1st appointment and went to check in, the secretary looks up after 5 min of me standing there n says name? i say my name and she turns around and finishes her conversation about ice cream with another secretary!!!!! THEN I see Dr david samuel and he acts like all the pain is in my head and im crazy!! so i get an mri done and it comes back with damage and he tells me "oh thats nothing, they just put that there cause they didnt find anything"!!! so they made up some damage??? does that sound normal at all???? Stupiditly I went for 1 more visit,Dr david samuel again tried to tell me I dont really feel pain when I showed him a black n purple lump on my foot (he tells me means nothing) and my ankle swollen He says and i quote " I dont want to operate on you because it would be like opening pandora's box so he doesnt want to fix all the problems he rather say theres no pain there AND the mri just made up damages!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2011

Extremely knowledgeable, caring, explains well,doesn't object to questions, relatively puctual.Went to extremes to heal this awkward lesion.Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2011

I went to several other docs before I tried him - suffer from bad plantar fasciitis. He was first guy to do injections in heels - hurts initially but then finally had relief - have been using his orthotics for yrs now - nothing ever worked before. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2010

Dr. David E. Samuel's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)