Ratings for Dr. Ellen L. Toth

Don’t trust this doctor! She nuked my thyroid, unnecessarily. No questions asked. No options given. It was like, just go away! The radiation caused severe hypothyroidism. I’m now on loads of life-long meds because of it and my health and quality of life has taken a nose-dive. I've never taken a pill in my life before I met her! She did not care pointing her finger at me, speaking to me in a very patronizing, condescending tone. I've seen another endocrinologist at her clinic who agreed she was negligent. Worst experience of my life.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

My son has been seeing this Doctor for maintaining his type 1 diabetes. She is quite harsh when dealing with him. His blood sugar has been very high ever since he was referred to this doctor almost 2 years ago. She changes his insulin dosage at every visit once every 6 months, but never changes his prescription for the pharmacy. She doesnt answer emails from the pharmacy to correct dosage. Because of this my son is unable to attain enough insulin to last him a entire month. My son has been hospitalized several times due to keto acidosis which resolves within a few day of take correct inusulin dose. He can not every get ahold of this doctor. His health is the least of her worries and she puts the blame on him not take his insulin. My son has lost over 40lbs and is no considered underweight. He has lost most of his muscle tone and he is only 19 years old. He has a long life ahead of him. He should expect a doctor who is interested in his longevity.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2014

Horrible experience with Dr. Toth. Drove 4 hours after waiting 3 months to get a consultation. My appointment was at 11, finally she was able to get into the room at 1230. All she did was tell me that what the previous doctor who referred me to her, was wrong in his diagnosis and I was wasting people's time and resources and I should see a therapist if it's that big of a problem. She did not give me any answers, I went in about an endocrine disorder and she gave me a list of what not to do before bedtime. Not sure how that was even relevant to my being there. I do not suggest this doctor unless you are willing to argue with her about your issue.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

Awesome doctor, she really knows what's she is talking about. She's honest, straight-forward and she really cares about the patients she sees. Definitely recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

by Mark Lupo, M.D. Remission is usually defined as one year of 'normal' labs without needing anti-thyroid meds. If you still need tapazole, you aren't quite in remission - the absence of antibodies (TSH-receptor Ab's) is a good sign. I usually treat with tapazole (or less commonly PTU) for 12-18 months, minimizing the dose to keep the thyroid labs normal. If I cannot get a patient off anti-thyriod meds after 18 months I would usually recommend RAI. http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Thyroid-Cancer--Nodules--Hyperthyroidism/Hyperthyroidism-and-Symptoms/show/263279

flag | Submitted January 19, 2011

I think Dr. Toth is awesome....I've spent the last year in & out of her office. She has always taken the time & made great effort to answer any & all questions.....even going as far as corresponding with me via email in between appts....answering one of my emails @ 11pm!! I would have felt lost without her!!! Good job doc!!!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2010

If you have been diagnosed with Graves Disease, please run from this doctor! She is clueless when it comes to treating this disease. She has even confessed to her ignorance. For your quality of life, it is imperative that a Multidisciplinary Approach is taken when treating this disease. Excellent communication and understanding between your Endo, Ophthalmologist and your GP is crucial. Her 'EGO' was way too monstrous for that! I was given RAI only 3 months into my dx, which triggered Graves Orbitopathy...her words, "it's out of my hands now". "Passed the buck" to my Ophthalmologist. Then, desperately needing help with dealing the effects of now being hypothyroid... again, passed the buck to my GP. Her words "ask your GP to re-refer. She did not want to deal with it. If you have been dx's with Graves Disease and you have been referred to Dr. Ellen Toth - RUN from her as fast as you can! Good luck in your search for a Endo that will listen and leaves their 'ego' at the door!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2009