Ratings for Dr. Issac Amusan

I came in presenting with symptoms of Bells Palsy. He needed to do a simple check to diagnose that, but he instead decided I was drug- seeking and gave me some pain killers. He was rough, rude and assaultative. Three days later I went by ambulance to Smoky Lake Hospital with facial paralysis. A city Dr prescribed prednisone and i went home to heal. Issac Amusan is a terrible Dr and needs to be avoided at all costs.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Took my son in for an ongoing deep chest cough and swollen Lymph node , received a very expensive very strong prescription, took my son to Emergency the following weekend as lymph node got bigger, was sent to Stollery to see a pediatrician, advised prescription was incorrect for symptons.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

He is excellent doctor, knows what he is doing, and I'm pleased by his professionalism . He practice medicine with knowledge and excellency. That's what doctor should be.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

The best! I haven't had any problem with so far. Nice and humble.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2015

Please, do not see this doctor if you don't have to. What he diagnosed as "eye irritation" and tried to fix with Visine and Tylenol, was actually a deep, serious scratch on my cornea which, left untreated, could have cost me my eyesight in that eye. To say that I'm furious is a gross understatement. He never even looked in my eye. He did NOTHING! He was lazy, unprofessional and terribly condescending. I'm not sure how this man has a licence to practice medicine!!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

Dr. Amusan was the first Doctor that I saw after moving to the area. I had a head injury and suffered from severe headaches and although I was advised that I suffered from Cluster Headaches, I still wanted to know why and if it was more than just that. NO one else took the time to listen to my concerns or hear the meds I was on. I had been prescribed Steroids for a year and was on high doses through a specialist and then Methrotrexate to combate THEY EYE issue some thought I had. I took myself off them, and advised this to Amusan. WHO promptly advised me of the long term effects of these medicines. NO ONE ELSE did!! thank god I took myself off and thank God Dr. Amusan took the time to hear me and sent me for Head CT, and numerous other tests. He spoke of the ills of Narcotics for headaches and such. All in all he was very helpful and helped me put my mind at east over all of the past issues with Doctors not caring. Finally I found someone who heard me and just didn't pretend to.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2012

I was unfortunate enough to be seen by Dr Isaac Amusan on December 6th, 2009 at St Terese Health Center in St Paul, Alberta. When I pointed out to him that my pain was " Nerve pain" He raised his voice and demanded rudely "WHAT is Nerve Pain?" I described it and explained which medications had not worked and that I was looking for some relief. He ignored me completely. He shoved an instrument roughly into my ear and hurt me enough to make me cry out. It was far past "discomfort" level, and having had my ear checked with the same instrument since, without pain, I realize he was hurting me on purpose. (Assault) He took a throat swab kit and roughly swabbed my throat. One of my symptoms was extreme nausea and I gagged when he used the swab. He said to me "Oh come on...you won't throw up" and did it again just as roughly. It was painful and unprofessional. He then left the room and I never saw him again. I will never come to St Terese for anything ever again.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011

He gave answers based on both his knowledge and experience, however when unsure he did not hesitate to refer us to a specialist. These referrals were quick and the follow-up appointments were very informational.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2011

I asked him to be our family doctor. He prescribed my medication which ended up being wrong. I had a grand mal seizure had seen a neurologist specialist whom stayed to stay on my medication as prescribed. Accidentally my daughter got some pills and we were sent to child stollery in ed Immed because of this incident he will not re prescribe my medication which could prove to be fatal to me. Just my luck my neurologist its out of country at time so now when my scripts are out I get to visit emerg till he's back on counrty to set this doctor straight. Even though on net my letter from neuro its accessible he won't accept it.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

Lack of concentration. Check your prescriptions. Got wrong prescription twice. Wasn't told about follow up.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2011