Ratings for Dr. Pierre Durand

Great doctor but you have to wait about an hour before you see him. He doesn't prescribe pain medication no matter how much pain you are in so be careful if you are in a lot of pain. I would get pain meds from your regular doctor if you need them. Doctor spends a lot of time with you and will answer all of your questions. He is very knowledgeable.I would recommend him to my friends but I would warn them about the wait time and that the staff never gets back to you when you call with a question.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

Excellent in absolutely every way. Completely knowledgeable, and REALLY caring. Has repaired my broken leg via surgery and done arthroscopic work on my other knee. Also has helped me with bursitis, and my husband with tendonitis, both from golf. He's A+++

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

I was seen about 40 minutes after my scheduled time. Dr. Durand took time to explain what my MRI of my foot showed (i.e. torn ligament, inflammation) him, and allowed me to ask all the questions I wanted. He gave a pretty clear course of action to address my injury and time frame for recovery. My only complaint is one that unfortunately plagues a lot of doctors is their unwillingness to prescribe any type of pain medication for a documented injury with obvious associated pain. I'm not a druggie trying to get high. I'm just trying to be able to function and get around with only a reasonable level of discomfort. I was told that I could use crutches to get around if the pain became too intense. Nice! Bottom line, if you don't need pain meds or already have what you need, he's a good orthopedist to see.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2009

Dr. Pierre Durand's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)