Ratings for Dr. Hugh G. Berry

I am getting somewhere with pain management, excellent care! Recommend!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

I was very disappointed with my experience with Doctor Berry. I currently have two broken legs, but have managed to go back to work, working full time on my feet all day. I went to Doctor Berry for help maintaining my current pain management program until more healing had occurred. He told me that he thought that my currently program seemed as it was in my best interests at the time. He made an appointment with his nurse practitioner to start my treatment. Her demeanor was horrible. She treated me like an addict and didn't understand why my currently broken legs would hurt, and lowered my prescriptions to a much lower dose on a less powerful drug. While I understand the importance of weening off of opiates, when you get to the end of a day and can no longer walk at all without pain medication, then that makes it a necessity. I was very disappointed that this office made me feel like I was doing something wrong by trying to be a productive member of society.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

Started to manage my pain w/ the Butrans 5 mcg patch, then I needed an increase due to increased pain & he wrote Butrans 10 mcg patches. After the increase, I had a severe allergic reaction w/ my throat swelling up & severe contact dermatitis & it even literally burned my skin. I followed the directions exactly as written, & my skin even turned a slight yellow in my face. I went to my dermatologist, got a note proving what was going on & Berry not only refused to take me off the meds after another doctor said I was severely allergic to it, he tried to reduce my dose back down to the 5 mcg patch & I declined due to the allergy severity. He then left me "high & dry" w/ no pain meds & I started going into opiate withdrawals, & I was to have surgery 3 days later. This doctor may be nice at first, but I surely wouldn't rate him # 1 in MO. Also, his office staff are by far the worst I have ever seen, the local McDonald's is better staffed & that's a very scary thought in my opinion.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2013

Dr. Berry is a great doctor....very intelligent, caring, takes time with his patients, and does whatever it takes to ensure that the problem is diagnosed. Dr. Berry has done so much to assist me that my life has improved. Thank you Dr. Berry and I would definitely recommend him to anyone I knew who was enduring chronic pain.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

Dr. Berry is amazing and full of empathy. I wish I could say the same for his staff. VERY rude.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2012

Dr. Berry is a very intelligent doctor who does whatever it takes to ensure patient satisfaction and to ensure that the problem is diagnosed and that a solution is found. I have been to many pain management doctors and none of them did anything for me, however Dr. Berry has done so much to assist me that my life has improved. Thank you Dr. Berry and I would definitely recommend him to anyone I knew who was enduring chronic pain.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2009

Dr. Hugh G. Berry's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)