Ratings for Dr. D. Bryan Short

I did not write the ratings below for Dr. Short. But that is the same way I was treated. Neither the doctor or nurse listened well it's like your here what do you want. All I needed was antibiotics an you would have thought I wanted narcotics!!!!!!! Both treated me like I did not have enough sense to get out of a shower of rain. It was my way or highway. Office must have an abundance of money To treat people that way!!!!!!!!!! Dr. Short needs A course in PR with Clients or they will not return, seems to me.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

We moved to Raleigh from Greensboro in 2005. We are very lucky to find Dr. Short in 2006. He is caring, knowledgeable, informative, approachable, and punctual. The front office staff is polite, friendly and efficient. I feel very comfortable with Dr. Shorts approach. He discusses lab reports, their meaning and implications. He welcomes and respects my inputs and then he will make recommendations. I forgot to bring my medications and was out of state. I called, and Dr. Short and his nurse Sandra Todd instantly called the local pharmacy in MD and followed up making sure I got them. In another occasion, I had a large area body burnt. Panicking, I called Dr. Short for assistance. He and Sandra Todd made prompt recommendations and went as far as to offer help to make a late Friday afternoon dermatologist appointment. I could not express in words how I appreciate Dr. Short and his staff’s. With his expertise and medical treatments, I know I always get well after seeing him.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2013

I had a bad experience with my previous doctor so I asked several people about seeing another doctor. I had to find one that was accepting patients as well as accepting medicare patients. I have been with him now for a number of years. The front desk staff has always been polite and his nurse was really great (she has since left the practice). Her replacement is very good but not quite the same as the other nurse. Dr. Short is rarely on time because I think he spends the necessary time with the patients to assure they have the answers to their questions. He is not afraid to say he doesn't know something and will do the necessary tests and referrals to assure the patient is satisfied. When he gets results of tests he will get the results to me as soon as possible and scheduling appointments for followup visits to explain the results. We don't always see eye to eye but we will discuss the problems and come to a mutual agreement.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2012

If you get the wrong girl on the front desk, watch out! There is one really nice one, though. The girls/nurses that draw blood are really good and nice, too. I got the impression from Dr. Short that his approach is "my way or the highway." I'm not willing to become a vegetarian. His nurse can go from sweet to very sour in an instant. She treated me like I was to stupid to come in out of the rain and was a drug addict. She doesn't listen well. You absolutely cannot speak to the doctor withing going through her, period. In three appointments, Dr. Short was never even close to on time. All these appointments were between 9:00am and 10:00 AM! The only reason I was seeing Dr. Short was my Doctor of many years retired. Now I'll find someone else for my medical needs.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2009

Dr. D. Bryan Short's Credentials

• East Carolina University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)

Delta Dental