Ratings for Dr. David L. Brooks

I notice below many people complaining about his Staff.....I started going to Dr. Brooks many years back when he had a decent Receptionist, a few years later I had to go in to have a corn removed and I found her to be the most horrible, rudest, despicable Receptionist I have ever dealt with (this comes from a lady who worked as an Office Administrator in varied capacities for 30 years)....I cannot believe he does not read these opinions and find himself someone kind, courteous and efficient. I won't return and my GP is upset with me as it is, I am assuming, one of those policies where local Dr.'s refer their patients to Dr. Brooks. I have told my GP countless times I will not return as I think the Receptionist is actually very scary.......

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

I had severe pain in both my feet and he sent me for X-rays and said that he would call me back immediately once he received them. First issue was that he sent me to a place that doesn't have the equipment to do standing X-rays. You would think that a Podiatrist would know which clinics have the requisite equipment. Second issue is that I waited over 2 weeks for him to call me back with the results and when I finally followed up the receptionist told me that he took a one-month unexpected vacation. He didn't get another doctor to cover for him. Third issue is that after waiting for him to come back from vacation, he still didn't call me back with the results. The only time he did return my call was when I called the receptionist and asked for a refund on my consultation fee.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

I had a hard time making an apt for my youngest daughter with the receptionist but I let it slide and gave them a chance. Dr. Brooks was pleasant and said he would order insoles for my daughter. The receptionist promised to call me once they arrived. I waited 2 weeks so I called her to see if they arrived. She promised to pass my message to the doctor and guess what never heard back. Ever. I had to pay $98.00 for a 15 minute consultation what a joke. The receptionist has no people skills either

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

I recently went in for foot surgery in the Burnaby office. I felt confident after 2 previous appointments with Dr. Brooks that surgery was the best option at this point. I found Dr. Brooks to be very patient (I didn't feel rushed when I asked questions) and knowledgable. Although, I'm still in the recovery phase of surgery, I was relieved to know that I can easily contact Dr. Brooks over the phone to address my concerns or ask questions regarding recovery until my next appointment. I would highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

I have two very painful corns on my toes. After three office visits and over 300 dollars later all he did was to scrape the top layer of dead skin. I can do that myself at home for free. It is evident that the cause of my corns is due to deformed toes and not unproper shoes or other preventable issues. I would expect a doctor to know that and do more then just remove a thin layer of skin and ask me to go home and tape my toes. This greatly affects my ability to work and it has a negative impact on the quality of my life. For the amount of money is being charged for a visit, a lot more should be done.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Good Knowledge and Service - on time and very helpful - a very clean patient room too!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Brooks for over 3 years now and have had a good experience, he is a good doctor. I, too, struggle with the receptionist. I hate calling because I have never found her to be pleasant. She is rude but I am not sure she knows that. Dr. Brooks is a good doctor, you just have to put up with the unfriendly receptionist.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

I've been twice for the same problem, and it's still not right. I was also charged for the second visit. There is still a callus on the sole of one foot. He should fix this at no charge.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

I didn't make it past the receptionist! She hung up on my when I tried to make an appointment!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013

This guy is absolutely excellent. last year i injured my foot in a very strange way. I went to Emergency, then 2 trips to my local doctor (who's very good, but not a sports specialist) which were all unfortunately mis-diagnosed. I took it upon myself to see Dr. Brooks, and he took one look at HIS specialist x rays, found the broken sesamoid and rectified it with surgery. Im at 99.6% performance, but unfortunately, Im going back next week for him to diagnose my brand new foot injury (the other one this time). Going to bypass the whole family Dr. process and go straight to him... 100% confidence with this Doctor.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2013