Ratings for Dr. Pedro J. Valdes

Many say he is the best heart attack doctor in Alaska but don't let him do valve surgery on you. In 2009 he used a high risk method to repair a broken tendon on my mitral valve. He cut my heart in half three fourths of the way up from the bottom severing my AV nerve also requiring a pacemaker. The repair to the tendon pulled out of the papillary muscle while I was still in intensive care. I was examined 2 times in the hospital and a week after and he did not diagnose the failed repair. I later found out that I had symptoms of Congestive Heart Failure caused be the failed repair at the time of the visit with him one week after being released from the hospital. He never returned any of my calls about problems with the surgery.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

Do not use this doctor for heart valve repair or replacement. He cut the nerve going from the top of the heart to the bottom when opening my heart causing me to need a pacemaker.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2009

Dr. Pedro J. Valdes's Credentials

• Univ De Chile, Esc De Pregrado, Fac De Med, Santiago, Chile (Grad. 1968)

Wellpoint