Ratings for Dr. S. Sandhu

my daughter was brought in by my wife and the r.c.m.p. She was very distraught could not sleep ect. Dr. Sandu saw her and tried her on a psych drug but it did not work for her. After conversations with my ex wife and my daughter both were very very satisfied with this doctor found him to be kind patient and caring and helpful. My daughter was in hospital for about two weeks. She told me the doctor saw her everyday if she wanted to see him. also gave her a ton of information about her problem with solid stratagies to help her. She is now out of hospital ital. getting community support and doing very well. I never had a chance to actually speak to the doctor but the staff was excellent. when ever I phoned they put me right through to my daughter without any hassel. Well done thank you for taking such good care of my daughter.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Dr. S. Sandhu is caring, compassionate, understanding and takes time with his patients. In the World of today it is difficult to find doctors that really are concerned about the health and welfare of their patients. All of that and much more is found with Dr. S. Sandhu. He is definitely a benefit to the local communities that he serves and an additional plus under the Health Care System of Manitoba. Great Work & Professional!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

This doctor is an immense help to the people of the Parkland region. Before this compassionate and kind physician was available many people with severe mental illnesses went untreated. He has helped many people intergrate back into the community and/or their families. Those people who have less severe forms of mental illness should be seeing their family physicians, community mental health workers, pastors and friends. Those with medical problemes(as opposed to psychiatric problems) should be seeing their own physicians or specialists. Some of the people complaining about this hard working and caring individual were incorrectly referred by their health care providers. Their discontent towards Dr Sandhu is unjustified.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2010

If you are willing to help yourself then Dr. Sandhu is willing to take the time and help you to achieve happiness when dealing with psychiatric issues such as depression. I have seen Dr. Sandhu on more than one occasion and the last time I saw him was because I finally realized I wanted to help myself. He encouraged me to be all that I can be and provided me with a lot of support materials to read and learn about. Eventually I enjoyed my talks with this doctor and I continue to see him and would recommend him only to those people who WANT to help themselves. Dr. Sandhu is not GOD, he can only help you if you are willing to help yourself. He is also excellent at returning calls to his patients when you need to leave a message for him. The staff he has is also very, very incredible and they truly are angels. (yes I am talking about the nurses on the pyschiatric ward at the DRHC). Thanks Doc! ~L.S.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2007

I had very severe head aches he said buck upbare the and thought I should go back to work my ventricular shunt in abdomin from my head was found to be plugged and they where taking pictures of my head only not my abdomin then later on got meningitis.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2007

I know he is the only shrink in Dauphin, but may as well have none. Average time spent would be 5 minute appts., put me on 2 meds then says I been on them all when the two didn't work. Never saw him when admitted to psych unit. Just told to walk everyday. Ya, that is what I want to do when I am feeling suicidal, sure that would fix me right up. What a quack.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2007