Ratings for Dr. Arash Aryana

Ablation - As wonderful as a day in the hospital can be... no problems... great service... first time under the knife at 67...

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

I underwent a 3.5 hour cryoablation procedure for heart atrial fibrillation performed by Dr. Arash Aryana at Mercy General Hospital in Sacramento, CA. I had a near-fatal pulmonary embolism 17 days later resulting from blood clots that had formed in my legs. An interventional radiologist told me I survived the pulmonary embolism only because of my then excellent physical condition from prior lifelong vigorous exercise that gave me superior cardiovascular “reserves” most people lack. Upon my release from the four day hospital stay at Mercy General Hospital, their discharge paperwork included a document stating causes of blood clots. One of the causes is that catheters inserted into veins can sometimes contribute to and/or cause blood clots - this is the technique employed during the cryoablation. As a result of the blood clots and pulmonary embolism, an IVC filter was implanted into my abdomen area to catch possible other clots that might break-off in my legs. Two months later, vein damage caused by a second failed attempt to retrieve the temporary IVC filter resulted in formation of a large leg hematoma, new blood clot, two blood transfusions, and a nine day hospital stay. The filter was eventually successfully retrieved at Stanford Hospital & Clinics. Due to blood clots and a near-fatal pulmonary embolism with its ensuing series of events, I have had 13 cumulative days in the hospital, 7+ hours of radiation, 40+ doctor visits, substantial pain, past/future medical expenses, forced early retirement, adverse impacts on my formerly active lifestyle, and health complications including Postphlebitic Syndrome.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

He is a great doctor with good bedside manner. He did an ablation on me 1 year ago for atrial fib and finally cured my heart problem. I had 2 other procedures in the bay area before for this. But his procedure finally fixed it and now I don’t take medications anymore.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

Refused my calls when having issues after his procedure. Would not expedite any appointments for 3 weeks. Basically, NO FOLLOW UP HELP - GO TO ER

flag | Submitted November 2, 2014

Dr. Aryana talked me into getting an ICD, which he did the procedure two years ago. Last week, I passed out and came to, picking myself off the floor. I blamed it on stress and the temperature, but the next morning, his office called and wanted to see me, as I had received a shock. The shock was never felt as I had passed out. He showed me the graph, which showed that the shock saved my life. I owe my life to this man and the ICD that he installed.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

Dr. Aryana has performed four procedures on me. Two oblations, replaced pacemaker w/defibulater as well as closed my heart appendage using the Atrial Septal Occuder Device. I have complete faith in Dr. Aryana and the team of doctors and nurses that work with him. Dr. Aryana wrote a paper in regards to my appendage that opened up after open heart surgery. He called me in May 2012 to inform me they had a way to close the appendage opening that was not invasive. He performed the procedure on June 8, 2012. I went into the hospital Friday at 5:00am for the procedure and spent the night and left there Saturday before noon. Dr. Aryana also let me view the procedure that he did on me that Saturday morning. He takes the time to explain and answers all questions to your satifaction. I believe with his help I will live a long healthy life.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2012

Changed MD's. Was not happy. felt treatment was rushed.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2012

I am a physician and patient of Dr Aryana. I heard him lecture at a conference in San Francico 2 years ago and again approximately a year ago in Stockton. I was impressed with his knowledge base and ability to answer questions posed by fellow practioners. A cardiology friend of mine recommended him to perform my atrial ablation surgery which he did in August of 2011. I had access to the surgical report and was deeply impressed by the exquisite attention to detail. My surgery was successful. He will be published in Circulation in October. He is actively exploring new techniques in atrial appendage ablation. I expect him to be an influencial investigator and practioner in EPS in the years to come.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2011

I went in for an Ablation, and this doctor ended up puncturing the atrial and me membraneous or root of my aorta.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2011

Very curteous, excellent bedside manners, good doctor

flag | Submitted September 6, 2010