Ratings for Dr. Heitham Gheriani

I've been seeing Dr. Gherani for a couple years. He's been amazingly helpful. He takes the time to explain everything that's going on and worked tirelessly to find alternate solutions before eventually resorting to surgery. This will be the second sinus surgery I've had (1st one with a different doc) and this one was such a success. It's transformed my life. I've been able to breathe better, and haven't had a sinus infection since the surgery 2 years ago. He even took the time to explain everything to my mom who came with me for both my polyp removals and the surgery! I still see him for follow ups and he still has the same amazing bedside manner. Still always smiling, kind and taking the time to explain everything that's going on.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Dr Gheriani is fantastic. I am very grateful that he was my ent. My deviated septum surgery was a success and I now breathe much better. He was very supportive post op and as always available if I had a question. Great doctor and an excellent person! Very kind and patient

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

I went to see Dr. Gheriani about a year ago and I have never had such a great experience with a doctor in my life. Dr. Gheriani was very knowledgeable and really put all my fears to rest. Dr. Gheriani did my surgery at the beginning of January. When I woke up from surgery there was hardly any pain and he even gave me this contact number in case I needed it for emergencies. A week after surgery I came down with an infection and Dr. G made room for me in his very busy schedule right away for the next few weeks to monitor me. He would even call me to make sure I was feeling OK. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dr. Gheriani to anyone and everyone. Not only is he amazingly knowledgeable and reassuring, he is just generally a really nice person. I also want to mention that his receptionist Tracy is wonderful! Her energy and happy personality makes every visit super enjoyable.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Gheriani for about five years and after being treated for nasal polyps and a deviated septum. I finally had surgery in August of 2017 to correct the deviated septum and I am grateful to have my nasal passages clear and to be able to breathe freely again. Dr. Gheriani is kind and caring and did a wonderful job. I would highly recommend him as an ENT and surgeon. Thank you Dr. Gheriani.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Gheriani for almost 2 years to find a solution to my sinus problems and have been very satisfied with the care I've received. He has always been calm, positive, and reassuringly knowledgeable. He is very open to questions and will respond in a way normal people actually understand, so don't be afraid to ask! I appreciate that he does not over-complicate things and proceeds step by step to find a solution, increasing the level of intervention as needed. For me, this was exploring what was causing my particular difficulties with numerous tests and trying out medications over appropriate lengths of time, before escalating the medical response to surgery. While my situation is likely different than others, I anticipate there are few "quick fixes" in the ENT world. So instead of being frustrated by the amount of time it's taken to "fix" my issues, I am grateful for the diligence and consideration that has gone into finding the right treatment for me. When I finally went in for surgery a few months ago I was grateful to be in the hands of someone so calm, kind, and knowledgeable. Yes, he is subject to the same service flow struggles that aggravate many (eg appointments can start late, run long). And yes, it's frustrating, but just go in with patience and trust that even if it takes some time, he will ensure you receive quality care.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

If you can avoid this man, do. I was in a hurry to get a Septoplasty because I was beginning a performance gig, just a month after the procedure and he was the only doctor who could see me on my timeline. I thought, great! I must be put with him for a reason. He runs his clinic like a fast food restaurant, where you actually will end up waiting for up to an hour after your scheduled appointment to be seen. If you have a life, it's insanely inconvenient. Also, he was quite rough, sticking the camera up my nasal cavity and jamming ointment into my nostrils, even after I'd tell him, "Can you please slow down, can you please do that gently?" It was traumatic, and I could only imagine how equally rough he would have been when I was under actually getting the surgery. The initial stage of recovery took about 3 weeks. He never told me, prior to the surgery, that the appearance of my nose would be very different for the rest of my life, and I hadn't read that anywhere online. My nose looks different, and not in a good way. When I look in the mirror or at pictures of myself, I don't look like me. Also, I had hoped that correcting a deviated septum would be somewhat of a subtle change to my appearance, but so many people say to me, "Your nose looks different, did you do something?" I'm comfortable talking about it, but resent that I had NO IDEA that that's part of what I was signing up for - it definitely would have given me pause to think about how much I wanted this. My ability to breathe through my nose has definitely improved and that's something that I do not take for granted. Nearly my whole life, I've only been able to breathe through one nostril and as a performer, I'd be mouth-breathing just to have enough breath to do what I need to do. But, I could have got to the same point in a much more comfortable and easy way had I gone with a different surgeon. Farzana, his receptionist, is the one saving grace. She's efficient, clear, and extremely helpful and friendly. I am astonished to see so many good reviews for this doctor. Go. To. Someone. Else.

Submitted August 28, 2017

One of the best super specialized ENTs in Canada!! Dr. Gheriani is exceptionally talented and a skilled surgeon. He is also one of the most caring health care professionals you'll ever come across. His staff (Farzana) go above and beyond to assist patients. You're in good "golden" hands with Dr. Gheriani! Can't thank him enough for how much he has helped me.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

One of the best ENT's! Highly skilled and knowledgeable, friendly and caring, and will make as many follow-up appointments with you as necessary unlike other doctors who will brush you off if they think that they're unable to solve your problems. I would recommend Dr. Gheriani to everyone!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Very caring and knowledgeable doctor, very patient and kind, and friendly.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

Very Caring . He went over and above to help with my needs after a 5 hour sinus operation. He has been very good with all my follow up visits. A high recommendation from myself.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016