Ratings for Dr. Mark Thiessen

Always seemed helpful and caring when I had to come in for an appointment.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Mental illness can make people do and say things they would not ordinarily do. I hope Dr Thiessen gets the help and support he needs to get better.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

I have been stuffing either some serious pain for months, in and out trips to the hospital Emerg and doctors couldn't find a problem. Thiessen was the first that suggested something that turned out to really help. He has been helpful and always very understanding of my needs and is one of the first doctors to make me feel like I'm actually being listened to. Media portrays things in ways that will make a person seem negative, it's their job. Don't forget he is a human being as well.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

More has gone on than a simple mistake... This ma should no longer treat people... He has No Respect for others... Cannot be trusted

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

I think whomever chooses to see him again are seriously disturbed! A person should not be allowed to film others genitals without their permission and it's disgusting! How do we know he doesn't set up a camera in the exam room! How would the chaperone know! The College of Physicians should never let him back so he can't do it again! It is not right and just because their is a shortest of drs people will risk their privacy for that!what will a doctor get away with next!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

I am deeply saddened by the news I just heard about this man, my Dr. As a physician, he has been kind and caring...he listens to all concerns, and is thorough in his medical investigations and evaluations. I don't know what could have brought him to have such a lapse in judgement. Obviously he was not thinking with his intelligent brain. It's no excuse, but I have spoken to men that have done extremely stupid things such as this, and they didn't understand the importance of resisting temptation until they failed miserably and hit bottom. It seems clear that he has felt deep remorse for his actions, so much so that he tried to end his own life after the event in question. He is undergoing counselling, and it is my understanding that he will continue to do so. I know that people make mistakes, I am a forgiving person, and believe that most everyone is capable of changing for the better. I have not decided whether or not I will continue to see Dr Thiessen if he continues his practice, (I will attend the women's clinic for all matters of an intimate nature, as I always have), but I do hope that he gets the help he needs.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

I'm a little confused. We are ok with him making this "little" mistake because he did it to his employee and not a patient. It is not right or ok in any circumstance. I was a patient of Dr. Thiessen. I am saddened as I really did like him, but there is no way I will see him again. His actions are inexcusable for a doctor.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

Very cheerful manner and he is clearly focused on his patients. I always feel like I really matter to him even though he sees scores of patients daily. He works hard to complete a diagnosis and treatment regime that are effective. He listens to me when I describe the symptoms of the condition leading to my visit.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

Mark has been my doctor for 26 years, which is more than 2/3 of my life. I go in regularly for allergy shots so I have seen many clinic doctors in that time. I have always found him to be attentive, accessible, caring and astute. He is probably the best doctor I could hope to have, and I’ve always valued his demeanor and approach to care a great deal. He has helped me through one particularly difficult situation recently, and was never impatient, judgmental, or dismissive. He has certainly suffered a critical and perhaps impulsive lapse in judgement, but I believe Mark will embrace the support he needs to help himself, learn, and make amends to the people affected. Broadly, I think the demonstrated quality of his practice represents a valuable asset to the community in which he works and it would be a significant loss if he were to longer practice medicine. I fully support him in working to make this unfortunate circumstance right, and further, for him to continue to be my doctor. -- RW

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017

It's unfortunate what has happened in his personal life. dr Thiessen is a very good family doctor who cares and supports his patients. I will continue to see him and hoping he gets to continue to practice as there are already a shortage of doctors. Hope he gets the help he needs and wish him well.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017