Ratings for Dr. Mark Thiessen

Shortly after moving to BC, I was diagnosed with ALS, and needed a family doctor. Dr. Thiessen took me on, and has been fantastic--knowledgeable, caring, compassionate. Always time for questions and concerns, always focused on what's important to me, and I truly feel like I have a partner in my journey rather than a doctor who will insist he always knows best. I was unaware of his legal troubles until it popped up in the paper. I am a woman, and believe his actions were completely inappropriate. After reading the information publicly provided carefully, I determined that he has owned his mistakes, has made great effort take responsibility for them as well as obtain the treatment and steps necessary to ensure there's not a recurrence. After careful consideration I decided to stay within his care as I believe he has overcome & dealt with his issues. Again, he is an outstanding GP, and I consider myself fortunate to have found him.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2017

In my experience, a first class GP...very knowledgeable and compassionate.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

The sad part about this forum regarding the recent news is that NO ONE has mentioned the real victim --- his staff whom he tried to record. That's the real victim.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Dr. Thiessen has been my family doctor for over 20 years. He has always been professional, caring and always available. Last year I was going through a difficult time both physically and personally. He was so supportive and looked after my health needs and took the time to help with me through a serious personal issue. He recommended a spiritual publication that guided me through a very rough couple of months. I could not have recovered so quickly without his help and guidance. We all make poor decisions during our life but if you take total responsibility and make an effort to make things right it sure does say a lot about you. Dr. Thiessen has obviously been forgiven by his family, friends and most of his patients. If he has patients that want to move on so be it, but for the rest of us please do not take away such a understanding and caring family physician.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

is Dr. Thiessen available? We want to make an appt. but ph. line is busy

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Dr. Thiessen delivered all 4 of my children and supported our health for years. He was always punctual, caring, and very good at diagnosing odd things and resolving them. I was shocked to see him in the paper and yet I still think he is a good doctor.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Always seemed helpful and caring when I had to come in for an appointment.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Mental illness can make people do and say things they would not ordinarily do. I hope Dr Thiessen gets the help and support he needs to get better.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

I have been stuffing either some serious pain for months, in and out trips to the hospital Emerg and doctors couldn't find a problem. Thiessen was the first that suggested something that turned out to really help. He has been helpful and always very understanding of my needs and is one of the first doctors to make me feel like I'm actually being listened to. Media portrays things in ways that will make a person seem negative, it's their job. Don't forget he is a human being as well.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

More has gone on than a simple mistake... This ma should no longer treat people... He has No Respect for others... Cannot be trusted

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017