Ratings for Dr. Beth L. Segel

Dr. Beth is very good at redirecting from what I think to what I feel. She helps me stay level through grief recovery. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2014

Dr. Beth was GREAT! During our talks, she focused on my thoughts and emotions. We were able to go over some really upsetting worries. Up to that time, I just couldn’t handle the sadness. I didn’t think I could ever stop crying over everything that I had lost. After about 3 months of sessions, I was able to be free from the deep pain. I now have more energy and happiness, thanks to her. I am better with family and friends, at work, and inside myself. I sent a friend to her who also had a good experience. She is very educated and compassionate. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2014

I visited her for about two months. She is the traditional psychotherapist. She listens without commenting much. She does not direct the conversation or help you understand from a different angle or perspective. She has even fallen asleep in the middle of my sessions before. If you have a brain and can reason through problems I recommend seeing someone else because she won't help you much. If you cannot reason through a problem then I recommend you see someone else because she cannot help you either. She also cannot handle serious problems. She called back up in the middle of one of our sessions because she couldn't handle a problem. That was the last time I saw her. In short, I don't recommend her at all.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2011

Helpful, professional, calming. I gave her name to others. (Note that she is a Psychologist, and they are licensed by a different Board, the Board of Psychology, NOT state Medical Board.)

flag | Submitted October 20, 2009