Ratings for Dr. Robin Gray

If you value your health or your time, avoid this place and this doctor like the plague. No matter when you are scheduled, you will wait AT LEAST an hour to get in. I was diagnosed in May of 2016 with a basal cell carcinoma. I was told it was low priority and that I may not get in for surgery to remove it before Christmas of 2016. That came and went with no word from a surgeon. I phoned Dr. Grays office, January 2017, to inquire and was told they would look into it. I phoned again in March of 2017 and told the same. The surgeon finally contacted me in October of 2017, a year and a half after the initial diagnosis. I mentioned that I was surprised it had taken so long to get in. She told me they only received the referral last March. A referral for surgery to remove a skin cancer was not even forwarded to a surgeon for 10 months after diagnosis and only after follow up phone calls from me. Pathetic.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

By far the worst medical experience I have ever had. Dr Gray is rude and condescending. He had no interest in hearing about any medications I was taking or medical history and as a result, he prescribed me something that would have serious interactions with a medication I am currently taking. So thankful I went to VGH for a second opinion.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

I should've gone through this site before consulting him...one of the worst doctors, repeatedly condescending, talks to you as if he's tired of you half hour ago, very depressing discussing anything with him, his staff has much better customer skills, quite disrespectful in behavior, eager to quickly be done with you...attributing to the already poor state of medical affairs in this city...unbelievable interaction

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

The worst doctor I've ever experienced. His bedside manner seemed condescending and completely lacking in any interest or empathy. I was sent to him for redness and broken capillaries on my face. I've since learned that it's Rosacea, but because it was the rainy season in Vancouver and I wasn't sure if sunshine affected my condition, he just decided I had Lupus and sent me for all kinds of unnecessary tests and had me thinking I was going to die. The Rheumatologist he sent me to took one look at my face and said it was Rosacea, yet Dr. Gray is a dermatologist and couldn't tell the difference? Also, he has signs posted in his office that you are only allowed 10 minutes with him, and each separate problem you have must be addressed in different appointments. Sounds like he just wants to bill MSP as much as possible. I tried to ask him if a mole on my upper lip could be removed and he bluntly told me to go back to my family doctor and start the process all over again.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017

It was a pleasure consulting Dr. Gray. Although I had to wait for almost 45 minutes on the first appointment, it was worth the wait. His calm, good humour put me at my ease. When results of my biopsies came through, he delivered the news with sensitivity and in a quiet and re-assuring manner. His office assistant was also a pleasure to deal with. I would recommend Dr. Gray without hesitation.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

He is very, very condescending. But he also explains things clearly and thoroughly if you know how to get it out of him. You have to just kind of meet him on his level. Never mention anything you read on the internet, or your own diagnosis. He seems to have accepted entirely everything he was taught in school, and I'm not sure how up to date he is on new medical theories. He doesn't believe there is anything to be concerned about regarding antibiotics. I wouldn't go to him for any issue I've spent years researching because there's no way he would listen. But if you have something minor or easily diagnosable and simply need a prescription, this isn't a bad place to go.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Dr. Gray is the third dermatologist I have seen in Vancouver. He is excellent. His assistant is great too. He removed a cyst and did very careful work. Between him and his assistant they provided very careful instructions about how to care for the incision, including how to keep scarring to a minimum. The office ran on time and Dr. Gray is very thorough. Another skin issue will invariably arise for me and I will ask my MD to refer me to Dr. Gray.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

His bedside manner is a little weird (sometimes looks like he's falling asleep when he's talking to you) but my GP warned me of this and I don't care. He was quick to see, very knowledgeable and tried everything to help me when my body resisted treatment. He explained my autoimmune disorder well and I always recommend him. If your priority is to be treated quick and treated well then see this Dr. !

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

He cut me off when I tried to give him my full medical history, refused to tell me about any potential interactions of medication and prescribed me something that would have a terrible reaction with a medication I'm already on. Definitely not going back.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Very stressful experience. Terrible interpersonal skills.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016