You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Robin Gray

He keeps patients waiting for one hour and on, no apology when admitted in and the tone speaking to me is really rude and unrespectful! I wish people world know this to avoid seeing him. He should go back to school to learn manner and be respectful to others. People come to see him at their weakness moment to find out what sickness they have, they don't deserve to be treated as bad manner as he provides. DO NOT COME TO SEE HIM!!!!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

I went to see Dr. Grey about a month ago for a rash around my waist/nether-regions. I had seen a family Dr. but the cream he recommended didn't work (he figured it was a rash of some kind). He sets me up with Dr. Grey who within 2 seconds of seeing my symptoms blurts out 'that's an STI!' and proceeds to diagnose it as moluscum contagioso on what I had been told by a previous doctor was a skin rash so I am understandably upset/confused. I was in a committed relationship for the year prior to the appointment so my mind was racing. When I tried to challenge his assertion that 'it almost definitely came from sex' he talked down to me and made me feel like it was somehow my fault, and then told me I needed to get a full battery of sex tests? Then after he continued to stress the sex angle and my likely fault in the matter, I tried to ask him if he would take a look at a strange bump on my hairline and a mole on my back, half as a way of changing the subject to give me a second to regroup but also to appease my worst fears as it was a concern. He then proceeds to patronize me, asking me whether I 'know how appointments work?' and saying that I came in for something else so I 'should make a new appointment for these other symptoms.' Compassion in action. He proceeds to (reluctantly) look 'just at the head mark', though not without making it transparent to me how much of an affront this is to his natural order of things. Concluded the appointment by telling me again that it probably was sex related and so I should get tests for everything? So after I get out of this appointment, quite shaken up, I proceed to call one of my best friends who is a sexual health nurse. She goes on to furiously chastise the Dr. and explains to me that the condition I have is a contact-spread condition! So while it can come from sex, it is is often contracted from public towels and common garments! Children apparently get them in different placeso n their bodies all the time! Plus, I'd been going to physio + massages + slept in a sublet the month I first noticed the symptoms, and even after I told the Dr. this but he seemed ornery that I would dare to question his best guess. The entirety of the appointment seemed to be an arena for his lack of professionalism and any disernible interest in me the patient, or my mental/physical state beyond the absolute minimum. My friend was absolutely embarrassed when I told her the story and pissed off at how he conducted himself. In fact, she is the one who urged me to write this review. Oh yeah, almost forgot - when I was in there and was totally exposed for part of the examination he realized he forgot something in the other room and left to go get it with the door wide open. Just one of those small touches that spoke volumes to me about his level of care/professionalism. He also has the voice of a myopic android. I have to say he did not keep me waiting for multiple hours though, so even though it felt like it at the time, I can't say it couldn't have been worse.... But I can say, DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

I saw Dr. Gray a few years ago for a long-term, recurring skin condition on my finger, which through my own research I felt to be either eczema or psoriasis- this self-diagnosis was based on the condition's presentation, history, symptoms, etc. However, he 'diagnosed' it as herpes! This despite there being nothing remotely akin to herpes aside from itching. Anything I mentioned to refute his opinion was ignored, and he did no tests. I have since had psoriasis confirmed, only now it is much, much worse than when I saw him. Should also mention that my best friend went to him with scabies, which he thought was shingles... has this guy even been to medical school??

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

I wish I could leave a zero - DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR I was referred for a suspected invasive melanoma. To his credit he did see me quickly after receiving the referral. He recommended a punch biopsy which I felt was not adequate and wanted to discuss an excision. I was called by his nurse the day before my scheduled punch and told that Dr. Gray has told her to cancel my appointment. I asked her why since getting melanoma off your body is basically priority number one. She told me essentially that he felt if I wanted a second opinion then I should go get one. I did not ask for a second opinion I asked to have a discussion. Everything others have written is also true. He is late, uninterested, uncaring, and aloof. Not to mention the dust was literally an inch thick on his doors and ceiling fixtures. I promise you that a longer wait is worth it - maybe he has more free time because he sucks!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Never met anyone less interested in their own profession, anyone with less manners or rapport with their patients. I am pretty sure he was half asleep, and barely tried to pronounce words.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

Dickhead hole kept me waiting all day and two days after I saw him I broke out in a rash all over my private area because of the cream he gave me . Don't go to this doctor .

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

This guy has to be the worst dermatologist in the lower mainland. He routinely keeps patients waiting 3 to 4 hours! How is this acceptable?! The first time I met him, I liked him, we got chatting about a non-medical subject, and as I was the last patient, I allowed it to go on much longer than I normally would have (and I thought ditto for him. It was pleasant.) But, when I got out, his secretary was gone. The light was dark in the waiting room.The door was locked. I had a parking ticket waiting for me because he kept me half-hour past the lot's closing time.Astonishingly, when I got sick and tired of waiting hours and so, I showed up half-hour late, I was royally chewed-out by his unrealistic new secretary!! (As this lot is attached to his practice, I think he should have been aware of this and said something.) I also am sure it is not ok to keep a (female) patient in a (male) doctor's office well past the time his secretary has gone home. On subsequent visits (that I had to go to - or I would have chosen someone else) he was hours late, lost track of time, started conversations like he had no one waiting - and he knew NOTHING , as it would turn out, about the skin condition I had. I suffered going downhill and wasting tons of time (12 visits - nearly a year!!) with this second-rate guy before finding a doctor elsewhere who fixed my problem knowedgeably in 3 treatments

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

I think Dr Gray needs to take a class in manners and how to act professionally. While I was waiting to see him, I could hear him talk about his patient with his receptionist and not in a positive tone. He was saying that the patient is a "mess". I also was waiting for over 1 hour for my appointment. When I was meeting with Dr. Gray he was rude and short with me. I could not believe the way he talked to me. He was disrespectful and would cut me off when I asked a question. I will be making an official complaint . I am hoping he can learn some manners and perhaps some empathy, since he is a doctor. I also will never come back to this doctor......

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

Very disappointed with my experience, two cultures were taken then I was called and told I had two things come back and waited for three days to hear anything back after worrying and calling numerous times. Told the dermatologist I have to be careful with antibiotics I take as I get severe reactions to most. Prescribed me three heavy duty ones and I got an allergic reaction the next day and was told to stop taking them immediately by a pharmacist. I then called to tell him this to get something else prescribed and still have not heard back three days later. Awful service and he rushed me through my whole appt after I waited an hour and a half to see him. I never ever go back here

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Dr. Robin Gray's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He keeps patients waiting for one hour and on, no apology when admitted in and the tone speaking to me is really rude and unrespectful! I wish people world know..."

May 16, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I went to see Dr. Grey about a month ago for a rash around my waist/nether-regions. I had seen a family Dr. but the cream he recommended didn't work (he figured..."

May 12, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Gray a few years ago for a long-term, recurring skin condition on my finger, which through my own research I felt to be either eczema or psoriasis- th..."

May 4, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I wish I could leave a zero - DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR I was referred for a suspected invasive melanoma. To his credit he did see me quickly after receiving t..."

April 29, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Never met anyone less interested in their own profession, anyone with less manners or rapport with their patients. I am pretty sure he was half asleep, and bare..."

February 23, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dickhead hole kept me waiting all day and two days after I saw him I broke out in a rash all over my private area because of the cream he gave me . Don't go to ..."

January 25, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Timekeeping is so bad usually waiting 1 hour to see the doctor and the receptionist is a dirty cow ."

January 25, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This guy has to be the worst dermatologist in the lower mainland. He routinely keeps patients waiting 3 to 4 hours! How is this acceptable?! The first time I m..."

January 25, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I think Dr Gray needs to take a class in manners and how to act professionally. While I was waiting to see him, I could hear him talk about his patient with his..."

January 24, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Very disappointed with my experience, two cultures were taken then I was called and told I had two things come back and waited for three days to hear anything b..."

January 14, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "One of worst Doctor with a poor attitude I have ever visited in my whole life.... He was in a hurry and did not even listen what we are saying..."

January 7, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "All he did was to use widespread scalp freezing. No samples taken of what were definite lesions. to eradicate the risk od squamous cancer.Frankly it seemed as i..."

November 14, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "It's beyond waiting. That is just poor time management. If you are consistently late and leaving people sitting in exam rooms the size of closets, then start sc..."

October 28, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Yes, you should expect to wait. But that's because Dr. Gray actually listens to your concerns and then takes the time to educate you about your treatment. This ..."

October 28, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "A pure nightmare. Arrogant, condescending, uncaring! I was so uncomfortable and he was so aggressive and belittling. Closes his eyes when talks. His interaction..."

October 28, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "awful experience. The first comment below is clearly by Robyn grey himself! This m an was an hour late, made no attempt to apologize nor even say hello. Also f..."

October 23, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Worst experience ever! This doctor has a serious attitude problem- he was rude, arrogant and very condescending. In his mind everything is very obvious, so when..."

September 25, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "After reviewing my skin condition, Dr. Gray concluded he wasn't sure what my problem was. Which is fine - doctors can't be expected to diagnose every condition ..."

September 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Robin Gray is an excellent dermatologist. Highly knowledgeable, and kind. He tried to get to the roots of my problems. He explained what may have caused ..."

June 26, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V5K0" to "97225". Address has been updated from "None" to "1675 Southwest Marlow Avenue". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "15032286479".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Honestly, one of the nicest doctors that I have seen. And I have now seen him multiple times. I found him very knowledgeable and generous with his time. While s..."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Grey was excellent. I was very happy with my experience especially his *soft touch* while he was working on my nose, which was very infected on the tip. Ot..."

April 28, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Traumatizing experience, I am so traumatized I don't even know what to say"

April 17, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Terrible experience. Kept me waiting for over 1 hour past appointment time. To make an appointment, you must go through an answering service only. When I needed..."

April 9, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. grey was very professional and very informative as well."

April 9, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "One of the worst experience I have ever had visiting doctor. the front desk girls are some high school unexperienced kid. I had an appointment at 2:30pm and has..."

March 10, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I left this man's office bleeding and in tears. Not only was he unempathetic, but he began treating me without a word as to what I should expect, what he would ..."

January 28, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My experience with my first appt. with Dr. Gray's office was a disaster and I didn't even get to see him. As instructed, I arrived 10 minutes early for my a..."

November 19, 2014
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I appreciated the help from Dr. Gray and his initial treatment seemed to work for me. The problem has been with trying to get a follow up appointment. He has..."

October 21, 2014
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Gray after 4-5 years of eczema due to "food allergies." After reviewing my daily skin routine and current allergies, he referred basic ski..."

September 29, 2014