Ratings for Dr. Robin Gray

His bedside manner is a little weird (sometimes looks like he's falling asleep when he's talking to you) but my GP warned me of this and I don't care. He was quick to see, very knowledgeable and tried everything to help me when my body resisted treatment. He explained my autoimmune disorder well and I always recommend him. If your priority is to be treated quick and treated well then see this Dr. !

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

He cut me off when I tried to give him my full medical history, refused to tell me about any potential interactions of medication and prescribed me something that would have a terrible reaction with a medication I'm already on. Definitely not going back.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Very stressful experience. Terrible interpersonal skills.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Gray from my family doctor due to losing hair in my eyebrows. For my initial appointment, I waited 45 minutes past my appointment time just to get into an examination room, and then a further 15 minutes before Dr. Grey entered. His bedside manner is quite condescending and borderline rude. To his credit, he seemed to quickly be able to pinpoint what my diagnosis and treatment would be. However, my follow up questions were answered in a very patronizing and impatient manner, as if he couldn't believe I would has such silly questions. I then waited even longer while he and his receptionist went back and forth on a shared computer system, logging in and out, in order to book in other patients, before finally giving me further appointment times and a prescription slip. Having informed Dr. Gray that I would prefer to get an early appointment time for my followup, I was pleasantly surprised that I got the earliest available on the morning of the followup. That pleasant surprise lasted until I showed up to find the clinic closed, lights off, and no one inside. After waiting for a half an hour in the hallway, I called the number of the clinic, thinking perhaps that there had been some sort of emergency, since not even the receptionist had yet arrived. I got put through to the answering service, who had no information about why Dr. Gray or any of his staff were not yet present. While getting increasingly frustrated at the unprofessional behaviour, Dr. Grey showed up. Without saying hello or in any way acknoledging me, he went into the clinic through another door, opened the main door of the clinic from the inside, and then just went about his work. No explanations for his tardiness, no apologies for giving me an appointment time when the clinic was not even open. I went in, said hello, and informed him that I was canceling my appointment due to his unprofessional behaviour and because he had now made me late to work. I informed him that I would also be cancelling my followups, and that I would get a new referral. His response? "Well, the clinic hasn't even opened yet". As if it was my fault that he gave me an appointment for a time that the clinic wasn't open. I think Dr. Gray operates his clinic in order to maximize the number of patients he can charge for, and doesn't particularly care that his terrible demeanor and huge problems with punctuality disrespect his patients and their time. I'm used to waiting to see doctors, but I'm also used to professional doctors who will acknowledge their mistakes, treat you like an equal, and not condescend to you. I will not be returning to his practice, and would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Visited Dr Gray on August 25th 2016 Started late, seemed to have booked a few folks at the same time. He was on his own, no receptionist. Talked down to his patient (me) in a deeply condescending manner. I want to strongly emphasize this point. I had to bite my tongue several times to stop myself from giving him an earful. Not helpful. Barely acknowledged my existence. Seemed to have basic knowledge of dermatology but not much more. Would not go back to this guy. Seems to lack knowledge, motivation, basic ability to deal with what are ultimately his customers. I agree with many of the negative reviews below. Final note: seemed MUCH friendlier to the two young and pretty girls who came in. Guys and older people? Not so much. The difference in his behaviour towards the young ladies, vs his behaviour towards others was bordering on farcical.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

I went to my appointment concerned with all the negative reviews. I was in and out in about an hour. His monotone voice and careful thinking was the most help i had in years. He actually spent the time to explain the treatment and had follow up dates before i left. There are worse specialists out there who look at your skin and day they can't do anything and that's after waiting for 3 months.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Dr Gray is THE MOST TERRIBLE doctor I've ever been to. Besides the fact that his overall knowledge of my problem was way beyond basic, wikipedia level, it took him weeks to come up with approximate diagnosis, and, already into my third visit, I still have not received the exact answer on treatment and even 'definition' of my problem. Besides all that, THIS PERSON IS COMPLETELY INDIFFERENT, CARELESS AND HEARTLESS IN TREATING HIS PATIENTS!!! At first, he makes you wait more than 1 hour and then shows up lecturing you on asking his secretary about the wait (simply because you dared to ask 'how long it might take'...as you were running terribly later for your next appointment). Disrespectful to most surreal point, he made me feel as if I was most lowest class of a being...whose time, health, overall state is worth absolutely nothing. At some point...by the end of the appointment, he says that "it is urgent to get another test done, but...HE HAS NO TIME FOR IT TODAY SINCE HE IS MORE THAN 1 YOUR BEHIND IN HIS SCHEDULE"!!!!!!.....Simply UNBELIEVABLE. As one of the comments below says, "people come to see him at their weakness moment to find out what sickness they have, they don't deserve to be treated as bad manner as he provide." That is 200% true. It's such a shame that after all those endless years at med school doctors like Gray are entitled to practice-- equally unprofessional and dangerously stone-hearted. NEVER, EVER SEE THIS DOCTOR!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

I was a bit nervous coming to see Dr. Gray after reading the reviews but I had a very positive experience. He was knowledgeable and straight to the point which is exactly what I want and would expect from a doctor. Yes, I had to wait an hour to see Dr. Gray but this is my experience with most doctors I have seen including my family doctor. When it was my turn he was very attentive and didn't rush through the appointment to get to the next client which is usually what happens when doctors are running behind. Overall no complaints whatsoever he seems like a great doctor.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

By far the worst doctor I have ever seen. He diagnosed me with a basal cell carcinoma after multiple visits and pretty much said it was my fault. I had not gone in the sun for 20 years and always wear sunscreen when I go out. I was shocked by his poor bedside manners. It was so disrespectful that he was so insensitive and uncaring. He does not listen to the patient. Not to mention that you have to wait hours to see him. and one time I even got the first appointment of the day and he still had the nerve of arriving 45 minutes late. No apologies. After I had the skin cancer removed by a wonderful surgeon, I never went to see him and I now do my checkups with a wonderful dermatologist who is knowledgeable, friendly and compassionate. This guy is terribly unhappy in his life and a miserable and rude doctor. I wish that we could complain to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC about this useless "doctor".

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016

He keeps patients waiting for one hour and on, no apology when admitted in and the tone speaking to me is really rude and unrespectful! I wish people world know this to avoid seeing him. He should go back to school to learn manner and be respectful to others. People come to see him at their weakness moment to find out what sickness they have, they don't deserve to be treated as bad manner as he provides. DO NOT COME TO SEE HIM!!!!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016