Ratings for Dr. Robin Gray

The worst doctor I've ever experienced. His bedside manner seemed condescending and completely lacking in any interest or empathy. I was sent to him for redness and broken capillaries on my face. I've since learned that it's Rosacea, but because it was the rainy season in Vancouver and I wasn't sure if sunshine affected my condition, he just decided I had Lupus and sent me for all kinds of unnecessary tests and had me thinking I was going to die. The Rheumatologist he sent me to took one look at my face and said it was Rosacea, yet Dr. Gray is a dermatologist and couldn't tell the difference? Also, he has signs posted in his office that you are only allowed 10 minutes with him, and each separate problem you have must be addressed in different appointments. Sounds like he just wants to bill MSP as much as possible. I tried to ask him if a mole on my upper lip could be removed and he bluntly told me to go back to my family doctor and start the process all over again.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017

It was a pleasure consulting Dr. Gray. Although I had to wait for almost 45 minutes on the first appointment, it was worth the wait. His calm, good humour put me at my ease. When results of my biopsies came through, he delivered the news with sensitivity and in a quiet and re-assuring manner. His office assistant was also a pleasure to deal with. I would recommend Dr. Gray without hesitation.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

He is very, very condescending. But he also explains things clearly and thoroughly if you know how to get it out of him. You have to just kind of meet him on his level. Never mention anything you read on the internet, or your own diagnosis. He seems to have accepted entirely everything he was taught in school, and I'm not sure how up to date he is on new medical theories. He doesn't believe there is anything to be concerned about regarding antibiotics. I wouldn't go to him for any issue I've spent years researching because there's no way he would listen. But if you have something minor or easily diagnosable and simply need a prescription, this isn't a bad place to go.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Dr. Gray is the third dermatologist I have seen in Vancouver. He is excellent. His assistant is great too. He removed a cyst and did very careful work. Between him and his assistant they provided very careful instructions about how to care for the incision, including how to keep scarring to a minimum. The office ran on time and Dr. Gray is very thorough. Another skin issue will invariably arise for me and I will ask my MD to refer me to Dr. Gray.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

His bedside manner is a little weird (sometimes looks like he's falling asleep when he's talking to you) but my GP warned me of this and I don't care. He was quick to see, very knowledgeable and tried everything to help me when my body resisted treatment. He explained my autoimmune disorder well and I always recommend him. If your priority is to be treated quick and treated well then see this Dr. !

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

He cut me off when I tried to give him my full medical history, refused to tell me about any potential interactions of medication and prescribed me something that would have a terrible reaction with a medication I'm already on. Definitely not going back.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Very stressful experience. Terrible interpersonal skills.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Gray from my family doctor due to losing hair in my eyebrows. For my initial appointment, I waited 45 minutes past my appointment time just to get into an examination room, and then a further 15 minutes before Dr. Grey entered. His bedside manner is quite condescending and borderline rude. To his credit, he seemed to quickly be able to pinpoint what my diagnosis and treatment would be. However, my follow up questions were answered in a very patronizing and impatient manner, as if he couldn't believe I would has such silly questions. I then waited even longer while he and his receptionist went back and forth on a shared computer system, logging in and out, in order to book in other patients, before finally giving me further appointment times and a prescription slip. Having informed Dr. Gray that I would prefer to get an early appointment time for my followup, I was pleasantly surprised that I got the earliest available on the morning of the followup. That pleasant surprise lasted until I showed up to find the clinic closed, lights off, and no one inside. After waiting for a half an hour in the hallway, I called the number of the clinic, thinking perhaps that there had been some sort of emergency, since not even the receptionist had yet arrived. I got put through to the answering service, who had no information about why Dr. Gray or any of his staff were not yet present. While getting increasingly frustrated at the unprofessional behaviour, Dr. Grey showed up. Without saying hello or in any way acknoledging me, he went into the clinic through another door, opened the main door of the clinic from the inside, and then just went about his work. No explanations for his tardiness, no apologies for giving me an appointment time when the clinic was not even open. I went in, said hello, and informed him that I was canceling my appointment due to his unprofessional behaviour and because he had now made me late to work. I informed him that I would also be cancelling my followups, and that I would get a new referral. His response? "Well, the clinic hasn't even opened yet". As if it was my fault that he gave me an appointment for a time that the clinic wasn't open. I think Dr. Gray operates his clinic in order to maximize the number of patients he can charge for, and doesn't particularly care that his terrible demeanor and huge problems with punctuality disrespect his patients and their time. I'm used to waiting to see doctors, but I'm also used to professional doctors who will acknowledge their mistakes, treat you like an equal, and not condescend to you. I will not be returning to his practice, and would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Visited Dr Gray on August 25th 2016 Started late, seemed to have booked a few folks at the same time. He was on his own, no receptionist. Talked down to his patient (me) in a deeply condescending manner. I want to strongly emphasize this point. I had to bite my tongue several times to stop myself from giving him an earful. Not helpful. Barely acknowledged my existence. Seemed to have basic knowledge of dermatology but not much more. Would not go back to this guy. Seems to lack knowledge, motivation, basic ability to deal with what are ultimately his customers. I agree with many of the negative reviews below. Final note: seemed MUCH friendlier to the two young and pretty girls who came in. Guys and older people? Not so much. The difference in his behaviour towards the young ladies, vs his behaviour towards others was bordering on farcical.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

I went to my appointment concerned with all the negative reviews. I was in and out in about an hour. His monotone voice and careful thinking was the most help i had in years. He actually spent the time to explain the treatment and had follow up dates before i left. There are worse specialists out there who look at your skin and day they can't do anything and that's after waiting for 3 months.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016