Ratings for Dr. Robin Gray

Dr Gray is THE MOST TERRIBLE doctor I've ever been to. Besides the fact that his overall knowledge of my problem was way beyond basic, wikipedia level, it took him weeks to come up with approximate diagnosis, and, already into my third visit, I still have not received the exact answer on treatment and even 'definition' of my problem. Besides all that, THIS PERSON IS COMPLETELY INDIFFERENT, CARELESS AND HEARTLESS IN TREATING HIS PATIENTS!!! At first, he makes you wait more than 1 hour and then shows up lecturing you on asking his secretary about the wait (simply because you dared to ask 'how long it might take'...as you were running terribly later for your next appointment). Disrespectful to most surreal point, he made me feel as if I was most lowest class of a being...whose time, health, overall state is worth absolutely nothing. At some point...by the end of the appointment, he says that "it is urgent to get another test done, but...HE HAS NO TIME FOR IT TODAY SINCE HE IS MORE THAN 1 YOUR BEHIND IN HIS SCHEDULE"!!!!!!.....Simply UNBELIEVABLE. As one of the comments below says, "people come to see him at their weakness moment to find out what sickness they have, they don't deserve to be treated as bad manner as he provide." That is 200% true. It's such a shame that after all those endless years at med school doctors like Gray are entitled to practice-- equally unprofessional and dangerously stone-hearted. NEVER, EVER SEE THIS DOCTOR!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

I was a bit nervous coming to see Dr. Gray after reading the reviews but I had a very positive experience. He was knowledgeable and straight to the point which is exactly what I want and would expect from a doctor. Yes, I had to wait an hour to see Dr. Gray but this is my experience with most doctors I have seen including my family doctor. When it was my turn he was very attentive and didn't rush through the appointment to get to the next client which is usually what happens when doctors are running behind. Overall no complaints whatsoever he seems like a great doctor.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

By far the worst doctor I have ever seen. He diagnosed me with a basal cell carcinoma after multiple visits and pretty much said it was my fault. I had not gone in the sun for 20 years and always wear sunscreen when I go out. I was shocked by his poor bedside manners. It was so disrespectful that he was so insensitive and uncaring. He does not listen to the patient. Not to mention that you have to wait hours to see him. and one time I even got the first appointment of the day and he still had the nerve of arriving 45 minutes late. No apologies. After I had the skin cancer removed by a wonderful surgeon, I never went to see him and I now do my checkups with a wonderful dermatologist who is knowledgeable, friendly and compassionate. This guy is terribly unhappy in his life and a miserable and rude doctor. I wish that we could complain to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC about this useless "doctor".

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016

He keeps patients waiting for one hour and on, no apology when admitted in and the tone speaking to me is really rude and unrespectful! I wish people world know this to avoid seeing him. He should go back to school to learn manner and be respectful to others. People come to see him at their weakness moment to find out what sickness they have, they don't deserve to be treated as bad manner as he provides. DO NOT COME TO SEE HIM!!!!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

I went to see Dr. Grey about a month ago for a rash around my waist/nether-regions. I had seen a family Dr. but the cream he recommended didn't work (he figured it was a rash of some kind). He sets me up with Dr. Grey who within 2 seconds of seeing my symptoms blurts out 'that's an STI!' and proceeds to diagnose it as moluscum contagioso on what I had been told by a previous doctor was a skin rash so I am understandably upset/confused. I was in a committed relationship for the year prior to the appointment so my mind was racing. When I tried to challenge his assertion that 'it almost definitely came from sex' he talked down to me and made me feel like it was somehow my fault, and then told me I needed to get a full battery of sex tests? Then after he continued to stress the sex angle and my likely fault in the matter, I tried to ask him if he would take a look at a strange bump on my hairline and a mole on my back, half as a way of changing the subject to give me a second to regroup but also to appease my worst fears as it was a concern. He then proceeds to patronize me, asking me whether I 'know how appointments work?' and saying that I came in for something else so I 'should make a new appointment for these other symptoms.' Compassion in action. He proceeds to (reluctantly) look 'just at the head mark', though not without making it transparent to me how much of an affront this is to his natural order of things. Concluded the appointment by telling me again that it probably was sex related and so I should get tests for everything? So after I get out of this appointment, quite shaken up, I proceed to call one of my best friends who is a sexual health nurse. She goes on to furiously chastise the Dr. and explains to me that the condition I have is a contact-spread condition! So while it can come from sex, it is is often contracted from public towels and common garments! Children apparently get them in different placeso n their bodies all the time! Plus, I'd been going to physio + massages + slept in a sublet the month I first noticed the symptoms, and even after I told the Dr. this but he seemed ornery that I would dare to question his best guess. The entirety of the appointment seemed to be an arena for his lack of professionalism and any disernible interest in me the patient, or my mental/physical state beyond the absolute minimum. My friend was absolutely embarrassed when I told her the story and pissed off at how he conducted himself. In fact, she is the one who urged me to write this review. Oh yeah, almost forgot - when I was in there and was totally exposed for part of the examination he realized he forgot something in the other room and left to go get it with the door wide open. Just one of those small touches that spoke volumes to me about his level of care/professionalism. He also has the voice of a myopic android. I have to say he did not keep me waiting for multiple hours though, so even though it felt like it at the time, I can't say it couldn't have been worse.... But I can say, DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

I saw Dr. Gray a few years ago for a long-term, recurring skin condition on my finger, which through my own research I felt to be either eczema or psoriasis- this self-diagnosis was based on the condition's presentation, history, symptoms, etc. However, he 'diagnosed' it as herpes! This despite there being nothing remotely akin to herpes aside from itching. Anything I mentioned to refute his opinion was ignored, and he did no tests. I have since had psoriasis confirmed, only now it is much, much worse than when I saw him. Should also mention that my best friend went to him with scabies, which he thought was shingles... has this guy even been to medical school??

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

I wish I could leave a zero - DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR I was referred for a suspected invasive melanoma. To his credit he did see me quickly after receiving the referral. He recommended a punch biopsy which I felt was not adequate and wanted to discuss an excision. I was called by his nurse the day before my scheduled punch and told that Dr. Gray has told her to cancel my appointment. I asked her why since getting melanoma off your body is basically priority number one. She told me essentially that he felt if I wanted a second opinion then I should go get one. I did not ask for a second opinion I asked to have a discussion. Everything others have written is also true. He is late, uninterested, uncaring, and aloof. Not to mention the dust was literally an inch thick on his doors and ceiling fixtures. I promise you that a longer wait is worth it - maybe he has more free time because he sucks!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Never met anyone less interested in their own profession, anyone with less manners or rapport with their patients. I am pretty sure he was half asleep, and barely tried to pronounce words.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

Dickhead hole kept me waiting all day and two days after I saw him I broke out in a rash all over my private area because of the cream he gave me . Don't go to this doctor .

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016