Ratings for Dr. Melita J. Williams

It's been nearly two months since this doctor sent me out for a CT scan......the results are back and I have not heard from her. I've made several calls to her office...no one has returned my calls. I am concern with my health, as this is why I went to her office in the first place. I'm very disappointed.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

Dr. Williams is a very pleasant person, however I am looking for a more experienced doctor, because she prescribed me all this medicine and it didn't work. After a few visits with all these medications being taken, she finally sent me to a specialist after I requested it, and they diagnose me , and treated me properly. She should have sent me to a specialist from the start after she ran test and could not solve the problem. One of my prescriptions cost me nearly $100 dollars, and it didn't work and she have never been prescribed! Really like her, but need a more experience physician, not a lot of prescriptions.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Dr. Williams is personally pleasant, knowledgeable, and communicates well verbally. Staff is excellent, friendly, and willing to explain things. The doctor, however, seems to like to prescribe a lot, both tests and medications.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

I found this staff in this office unhelpful, untimely and unprofessional. Their return phone call policy is within 72 hours. Nice. This is unacceptable for a patient requiring something important...such as information, a prescription or medical attention. The stuff one actually goes to a doctor for. Their office hours stated on their answering system is incorrect. I left messages with the office and the on-call nurse phone number...neither was returned. I faxed forms needing attention, never addressed...got nothing. In terms of the doctor's knowledge and diagnosis, she missed a text book case of a medical condition that another doctor found, right off. One goes to a doctor to fix medical problems. but with this staff you get more problems, frustrations, expenses and anxiety than you started with. Why put yourself through it! Ya...keep looking...I will.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2013

Dr. Williams has a very friendly style. The office is very clean and organized.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2013

Dr. Malita Williams - Takes the time to answer all questions and is very knowledgeable, helpful & reassuring. You feel very comfortable asking her any questions & she really takes the time to put you at your ease and is extremely knowledgeable. I give her a 5 star rating.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

The staff and physician are very pleasant and I especially liked the fact that Dr. Williams was very thorough and explained everything to me. I learned more about my illness in 10 minutes with her than I had in 5 years with my last physician. I am glad I switched at the suggestion of another friend of mine who goes there and her children. I would recommend her highly.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011

I have gone from one Medicaid doctor to another to treat my children. I tried Dr. Williams and was pleasantly surprised. Her office staff are really nice and the entire office and waiting room is very clean. The nurses are extremely nice. Dr. Williams is very personable and friendly and does really good interacting with the kids. She makes them feel comfortable and explains everything she is doing ( I have a 4 and 5 year old and they get nervous sometimes about shots!). She is an awesome doctor! The wait time averages an hour. Could be better, but that being the only thing needing improvement, I would recommend Dr. Williams to any mother needing a good pediatrician!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2009

This doctor is unprofessional and her staff very well versed in putting people off. I gather so you will give up just go away. She gets her staff and/or(Manager same last name) to call you back in 2to3 days. But no one is able to resolve a simple issue. Trying to get a walmart prescription (no insurance)I was put off for week and half trying to get this done for a basic prescription price at walmart. The pharmacy personnel even said there are several choices. She just doesn't take the time and doesn't really care after you leave the office. Yes it could be a lack of knowledge as well. Her word was to call back if there were any problem with this prescript. I did and never received a resolution in a week and a half just a prescript that I couldn't afford. I was told that she doesn’t have time to look at the walmart price sheet even if you request it. Please don't waste any money on this doctor she is in NOT professional. I know this is not the way to treat YOUR PATIENTS (CLIENTS)

flag | Submitted October 17, 2009

Dr. Melita J. Williams's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1999)

• BCBS Illinois