Ratings for Dr. Fernando Gonzalez-Pino

The moment I met him I felt very uncomfortable being around him. I tried to ask him nicely to lower my medication dose. It took one of the nurses to listen to me and reduced my dosage. In the end the medication did not help and I felt worse when I was discharged from the hospital. He did not explain my diagnose clearly. Just told me I have phycosis and handed me a paper. Majority of the nurses at st.b psychiatry were caring. There were only about 2 nurses that treated me as a person not as a paitient and were actually willing to talk to me and listen.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

Dr. Gonzalez-Pino is an excellent doctor and a truly compassionate and understanding doctor. His treatment took me off the path to destruction back to my life, and very well could have saved my life. He truly did feel and care for you as a patient, as though you were a family member. I can't speak for others, but Dr. Pino and staff at St. Boniface truly are a godsend.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

Dr.Pino is only helpful if your willing to comply. He basis treatment off previously prescribed medication. If you've been heavily medicated he will do the same. If unwilling to comply you can count on a long admission. Play his game and he's putty in your hands. That is if you don't mind being a numbed out zombie for the time being. I do suggest seeking an alternate doctor when discharged. I was put back on my regular dose of 1 medication after having him force 6 different medications on me. Not to mention the dose was enough for a 250lb male and I'm a 120lb female, if you can put that into perspective. He's funny if you want to amuse yourself and comply well you ride out the torture of St. Boniface psychiatry. Another warning don't lip off to the nurses they enjoy revoked privilege and solitary confinement. My treatment was 100% humiliating.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

He told me that antidepressants did not work on my because past drug use had damaged my brain. He said that nothing could be done...I would always be depressed. A) That is not true B) That is not a good way to give a sick person hope. I believe he is a terrible doctor. Also, I found him quite sexist. I our sessions he addressed my husband directly, instead of speaking with myself.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

I would like to commend Dr. Fernando Gonzales-Pino!he knows what he is doing, and that is finding the right meds to stabilize his patients! Thank-you to him and most of the Staff at the St.Boniface hospital! wishing Dr. Fernando Gonzalez-Pino many blessings! You are truly a humanitarian!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

What a truly awful doctor. Made me feel so much worse about myself; he seemed to think that if I wanted to I could just magically snap myself out of my depression if I really wanted to. Made me feel guilty for being there, and that I was just wasting his time. He made me feel truly awful about myself by implying that my mental illness is basically my fault. Told me that all the traumatic events I've experienced are in the past and therefore aren't important anymore and they shouldn't be affecting me, and therefore it is my fault that they are. He might have been caring and patient at one time but he's not anymore. No empathy whatsoever.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

A very wonderful,kind,and patient psychiatrist. Highly recomend.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2010

I would recommend him to anyone. He listens, very patient, knowledgeable and understanding. An excellent doctor and staff.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010

Dr. Gonzalez-Pino is tops. He is very helpful, knowledgable and understanding. There is no one better.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2009