Ratings for Dr. Lucy Burciaga

She never diagnosed anything. I felt like she was in over her head and was extremely rude. She would holler my name down the hall and turn around expecting me to follow her. She said the swollen lymph nodes in my neck was just a muscle (which they are now monitoring at the ENT for lumphocema). She refused to write me pain medication for a hysterectomy and told me I could go purchase ibuprofen for it, that would be enough. She had to give me a pap and complained the whole time and tried everything to get out of it. She had to have a nurse step in to show her how to do it. This was in 2012.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

I have had Dr. Burciaga, Lucy as my Primary Care Provider for two years. In those two years she has only seen me twice, the last time was in July 2012. The first meeting between us was spent looking over my medications. She was more interested in reducing the number of medications I have. Specifically, she has been reducing all my medications by simply not renewing when they run out. I wouldn't have any Rx anymore if I had not complain and resubmit my Meds online. I haven't seen her to treat me for anything so all my wellbeing records (vaccinations) are empty. No lab tests have been sent to to Tucson VA Hospital. Anyone doing a cursory glance at my appointments would be fooled by the number of appointments shown on my personal record yet if they click on the bulk of the appointments, they would find they were canceled. While most of this rating is based on my own personal experience, I also know she is an internist but working as a diagnostician outside the VA.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013

Dr. Lucy Burciaga's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1989)

Top Hospitals in Sierra Vista, AZ