Ratings for Dr. Lucy Burciaga

I’ve been going to Internal Medicine Doctors for nearly 40 years for Thyroid Diseases. Dr Burciaga is the doctor that really took the time to listen to me about issues with Thyroid. She doesn’t sugarcoat the diagnosis, she tells you like it is. The true facts. I respect Dr. Burciaga whole heartily. I’m very pleased with this doctors bedside manner. I strongly recommend Dr. Burciaga as a Primary doctor and for any Internal Medicine needs. The staff is extremely helpful. Highly recommend this Dr.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

Dr. B should not be practicing medicine in US. She is horrible, rude, without any clinical knowledge . She is not current in emerging medical and rare conditions. Her clinical judgment is impaired. She creates an atmosphere of intimidation if you wish to participate in your health care. She does not provide prescriptions, referrals to other specialists, does not order appropriate diagnostic workup; does not discuss abnormal labs; does not provide any patient education. NEVER EVER CONSIDER TO MAKE THIS DOCTOR AS PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

She came in the room with a diagnosis in mind. When I asked about symptoms not consistent with that, she insisted that I was wrong and blew me off. She spent less than five minutes with me. Two miserable days later, I saw another doctor in her practice and was sent straight to a surgeon. I will be telling everyone I know to avoid seeing Dr Burciaga.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

Experienced and to the point. That is what I like in a doctor.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2017

I found Dr. Burciaga after a friend suggested I see her. Very pleased.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

She never diagnosed anything. I felt like she was in over her head and was extremely rude. She would holler my name down the hall and turn around expecting me to follow her. She said the swollen lymph nodes in my neck was just a muscle (which they are now monitoring at the ENT for lumphocema). She refused to write me pain medication for a hysterectomy and told me I could go purchase ibuprofen for it, that would be enough. She had to give me a pap and complained the whole time and tried everything to get out of it. She had to have a nurse step in to show her how to do it. This was in 2012.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

I have had Dr. Burciaga, Lucy as my Primary Care Provider for two years. In those two years she has only seen me twice, the last time was in July 2012. The first meeting between us was spent looking over my medications. She was more interested in reducing the number of medications I have. Specifically, she has been reducing all my medications by simply not renewing when they run out. I wouldn't have any Rx anymore if I had not complain and resubmit my Meds online. I haven't seen her to treat me for anything so all my wellbeing records (vaccinations) are empty. No lab tests have been sent to to Tucson VA Hospital. Anyone doing a cursory glance at my appointments would be fooled by the number of appointments shown on my personal record yet if they click on the bulk of the appointments, they would find they were canceled. While most of this rating is based on my own personal experience, I also know she is an internist but working as a diagnostician outside the VA.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013

Dr. Lucy Burciaga's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1989)

AARP