Ratings for Dr. Thaddeus G. Opalach

The office secretary is horrible. My insurence company Blue Cross Blue Shield directed me to this office. Contacted his office on Sept 12. A lady ask me if I had been diagnosed with Psst. I responded that did not know what that was and that had not been diagnosed with anything. She repeated the question and I repeated the answer. She said she would have to drop the call now. . I would not recommend this doctor based on staff and reviews. The phone call was recorded and has been submitted to the Texas medical board.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

I've been on antidepressants for 30+ years and go to a psychiatrist for medication management. At my first appointment I explained to Dr Opalach that I couldn't tolerate the generic form of my antidepressant and had been told by a well known and reputable physician in the metroplex to only use the brand name . On the generic, not only did my depression get worse, I became lethargic, suicidal, confused, all symptoms well documented with the use of generic form. My insurance granted a lifetime precert for the brand name drug because of the problems I experienced. At my last appointment, Dr Opalach authorized the generic form of medication. I have left numerous messages informing him that I'm experiencing some of the same symptoms and I requested a new prescription for the brand name. No one has returned my calls. I don't really care if the office staff or the Dr himself is at fault. A physician who is inaccessible or an office staff that fails to meet expected standards of conduct is disturbing. Such delays in continuity of care may lay the foundation for failure to treat a fragile patient in a timely manner. Scary situation.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

My child had died by suicide. I was in a deep depression. I was assigned Dr. Opalach while I was in an outpatient psychiatric hospital and followed up with him after I was discharged. He placed me on an antidepressant. I took the antidepressant for about six months and it didn't seem to be working. One day I went to his office very discouraged and depressed and told him i I didn't think the medication was working and wanted to try another. He abruptly told me he didn't want to see me anymore and kicked me out of the office. I left the office that day feeling humiliated and abandoned. He didn't even ask me if I was suicidal. Dr. Opalach lacks compassion for the patients he treats. This is not psychiatrist the you want to trust your mental health to, and I personally think that he is unethical and potentially harmful.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Dr. Opalach is a Great dr. , we had major need of help, and God answered us in Directing us to him. Consider before you go in that , as some people say about his eyes on his computer, THAT is his notepad and his chart for you, he is not ignoring you, he is Helping you ! 😃

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

Seeing him for the past three years. His front desk is always friendly. I've been doing well for the past three years.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Less than 20 minutes and I'm diagnosed!!! 4 other people in waiting room!!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

He is awful! He could care less about you just types writes s prescription and rushes you out the door. I would NEVER recommend him. I tried calling for 2 weeks about my meds and never heard from anyone. I even went by the office during his hours - they were closed. He should not practice medicine!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2013

I never got the feeling that he even remotely cared about my problems. He was on his computer the entire session that we had together. He looked up here and there, some obvious typing- But it felt very impersonal. I felt he wasn't listening- and even though he is not a therapist, I expect more of a connection then just typing away at a computer. nice guy- but expected more. I wanted a little more engagement than just a prescription slip. Do not recommend

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

Great doctor, friendly and efficient. Office staff is friendly and polite.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2011

flag | Submitted October 14, 2009

Dr. Thaddeus G. Opalach's Credentials

• University Of North Texas Health Science Center At Fort Worth (Grad. 2002)

Kaiser-Permanente