Ratings for Dr. Steve Nagelberg

I waited over an hour to be taken in to an exam room having a 7AM appointment. I watched 5 people who came in after me go in ahead of me. I honestly thought they had forgotten about me. I approached Liz, the receptionist. She was not sympathetic to me having to be at work and provided no information when I asked her how long it might be to get in a room and/or how long the appointment generally lasts once I'm seen. Her response was I don't know, we are busy. I've never been treated that way in a doctors office before. My lawyer recommended I see this doctor to get checked out after my car accident. I'm not sure if my experience was due to payment being on contingency. I quickly called my lawyer after leaving the appointment an hour and a half later without being treated. I told him that I would not go back to that doctor. It was my second attempt trying with that office. Both experiences were unprofessional and had a lack of respect for my time. I told him if I had to pay upfront for the visit I would. Nobody deserves that kind of treatment after setting an appointment. It appeared to me to be some sort of insurance mill. I told my lawyer, I'm not looking to cheat the system or take what isn't owed to me. I have a business to run and cannot be at doctors offices for 3-4 hours. I understand the doctors evaluation is important and I will be happy to pay to be treated like a human being. Do not go to this doctor if you value your time and dignity.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2014

Unneeded posterior lumbar interbody fusion, L-4,5 + S1. Later completely removed by a great surgeon in thousand Oaks

flag | Submitted October 14, 2009

Dr. Steve Nagelberg's Credentials

• Mt Sinai Sch Of Med Of The City Univ Of Ny, New York Ny 10029 (Grad. 1979)

MSP/BC Med