Ratings for Dr. Juliette Joy Nwachukwuu

Doesn't have the experience tto be an endocronologist.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

She switched my medication from one to another, a medication which I told her I had issues with in the past, essentially cutting my dosing in 1/2 without me realizing it. Ended up so ill and out of work. In just over a month my TSH shot up over 17 and I wasn't to see her for another few months. Went to my primary because I felt like I was close to needing to go to the ER and they found out that she incorrectly dosed me. Wouldn't let me explain my history to her and she kept interrupting me. Spent more time going over how to pronounce her name than how to help me. If you have thyroid issues with hormone conversion problems you need to look outside the box for treatment, which she refused to do, treating based on numbers (which can vary for each individual and even though in range you may not be well) and not how you feel. So glad I never went back to her.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2016

She tried to act very professional but came off very rude and unprofessional. every question that I has was answered with a question, ex: me" after radiation will I have any side effects from not being on meds for a month?"...her" how will I know that... I will not know how your body will react" ... this is just one example among the many that were answered with" how will I know that" . she looked a mess, she also asked me irrelevant questions that were inappropriate

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

I met with Dr. Nwachukwuu on three occasions. She seemed very unprofessional...almost child like. When she questioned my religious beliefs i felt that was the last straw. Very frustrated. Buffalo is lacking good Doctors. Lived in another State for many years where medical was top notch. I am sure Buffalo has good Doctors but they are few and far between.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

extremely rude, unprofessional, and childish.she doesn't know how to talk to her patients and she throws temper tantrums . it is obvious this woman does not have a man. she seems to be bitter and unhappy. my advice to you is go get your hair done and dressed more professional and just maybe you will get a man to relieve all that bitterness that you have inside you. hopefully then you can be a better doctor to your patients

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

I, too, visited this doctor recently. She went on and on about medical explanations of varying topics just barely related to my visit, but not always applicable. After the first 5 minutes of one of her lengthy 'lectures', I sat there thinking to myself - she is reciting something she has memorized. It sounded just like something rehearsed and stated deliberately to impress me. Unfortunately, it did the opposite. I lost confidence in her because she did not seem to be focusing on my situation, just her need to be heard. I agree with one of the reviewers, she may have a "chip on her shoulders" either that or she is trying to prove something. I do not know it is is to herself or to her patients. I have very little confidence in her ability to diagnosis. Read more: http://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_Juliette_Nwachukwuu/reviews#ixzz2RWlyyQ8q

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

Dr. Was so kind and a great listener. My first time there. Great experience and luv Dr.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

This was my first time seeing Dr Joy, and I absolutely love her! A friend of mine recommended her to me and I'm glad she did. She is extremely knowledgable, and explains everything in a way you can understand. She took the time to answer all my questions, and smiled and joked with me. I found it to be an overall very pleasant experience!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2012

Okay so she might have knowledge, but arrogance, rude, and condescending to the patient is a nice way of describing her!! Her way of speaking to the patient is not compassionate at all and shows no concern to the patient, only shows that her day is inconvenienced by another patient. Possibly she is not aware of how inappropriate she is being when she speaks, control issues over when the patient is too speak and not to interrupt her. Bedside manner a 2 out of 10, her bedside manner killed her knowledge within her profession!!!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2012

Extremely arrogant and condescending!!! Yes knowlegable, but the bedside manner is unnecessary. If you attempt to ask a question at the wrong timing, caution, she will be sure to make the patient aware it was not their turn to speak!! I am not sure what her underlying issues are that leads her to be so condescending and arrogant when she speaks to the patient, but I will not waste my time wondering or going back to her in the future. If her schedule is too busy to accept new patients then she should stop, or whatever her reason for being so rude is!! She treats the patient in such an unwelcoming manner you feel like a burden in her day!!! Many great physicians in wny that are just as smart and busy and have a much better approach to treating their patients. Next time I will do my research prior to seeing a new MD. I would like to save any other patient from having to feel this way. This is coming from a very compliant patient and educated individual!!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2012

Dr. Juliette Joy Nwachukwuu's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

MSP/BC Med