Ratings for Dr. James P. Hollowell

I have known Dr. Hollowell since 2002 with a pinched nerve in my neck no surgery recommend at that time. But since then I have had two surgeries done by him. In 2005 I had lumbar fusion of L4-L5, L5-S1 and as of to date I am very satisfied with the outcome. In 2013 I had a disc that ruptured at C-5 on the right side and went back to see him. After having a MRI, x-rays, EMG tests of both arms, PT and cervical spine injections. He indicated to me that I was a good candidate for a two level cervical spine fusion C4-C5, C5-C6. In February I had that surgery and am recovering nicely. I trust and respect Dr. Hollowell he is a very knowledgeable neurosurgeon.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

Dr. Hollowell did wonders for me. The pain I had in my back, right arm and right leg were degrading my quality of life. her changed all that with two procedures. I can not thank him enough. I would recommend Dr. Hollowell to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2013

I've had low back issues for 5 years now and after seeing 3 different surgeons due to insurance, it got to the point where the conservative treatments stopped working and I was in daily pain. Dr. Hollowell thankfully came back on my insurance and since all conservative methods stopped working he suggested a L4-L5 fusion (TLIF). I am 16 days post op and walking about 2mi a day with no sign of my pre surgical pain. The post surgical pain faded quickly and I am ecstatic to get my life back. He has an excellent PA Jennifer who compliments him well and explains everything in detail. He can be "dry" personality wise however, that makes no difference to me when I'm out and he's working on my spine. I have been told by many in the medical field he is one of the best, and after this I have no doubt.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

The staff is always very friendly and personable! Dr. Hollowell has always taken the time to answer any and all my questions, never made me feel like he was rushed. Very satisfied with overall experience!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

DR HOLLOWELL OPERATED ON ME IN 06/12=DECOMPRESSED MY SPINAL CORD=HELPED ME GREATLY!!!HAD LEFT LEG WEAKNESS=CAN WORK FULL TIME AS NURSE=WOULD RECOMMEND HIM FOR ANY BACK /ORTHO PROBS

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

Failed back treatment.I would not go back to him.I would live with the pain(which I am)

flag | Submitted February 12, 2012

This is by far the worst orthopedic doctor I have ever seen. Avoid this doctor at all cost. Even after having x rays done on my neck he told me there was nothing wrong and clearly the pain I was experiencing was imaginary. I saw another orthopedic doctor at St.Lukes after seeing Dr.Hollowell, and he clearly stated that the spine is compressed and suggested surgery. I had the surgery and I am no pain free to this day in the neck area. Dr. Hollowell is cold, doesn't listen, and completely disregards what you have to say about your problem.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2009

Dr. James P. Hollowell's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Oxford