Dr. Scott L. Simon

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Scott L. Simon

I met with Dr. Scott L. Simon, Neurosurgeon, last week. I found him very knowledgeable, kind, concerned and passionate in his field. I came in with multiple symptoms of pain in hips, leg, lower back and buttocks. He performed an exam thoroughly, ordering ex-rays. Upon my request Dr. Simon gave me a copy of the ex-ray without hesitation and a printed out his diagnosis. He also ordered blood labs to rule out any underlining problems. I feel confidant with Dr. Simon if fact I've already recommended him. Now I await the results.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Dr. Simon is the best, considerate, , kind, concerned and best ortho I have ever been to. He helped me and even did a neck surgery. Thank you very much! Karyn Lowman

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Have nerve damage from surgery he performed. Nowe he will not see me anymore. Wouldn't recommend to anyone

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

I am so pleased with Dr. Simon. My mother's back surgery went beyond well. He has done an amazing job. God bless him.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Dr. Simon is an exceptional doctor. His skill set as both a neurosurgeon and spine surgeon set him apart from the field, lending him a much finer quality to his diagnosis as well as surgical skills. In my initial discussions with the Dr., he picked up on things that others were unaware of, and was generally better informed than anyone else I met with regarding my health and choices to heal. The quality of his bedside manner and surgical prowess is outstanding. When other doctors see my scar, I am regularly treated to exclamations regarding how excellent the work is. I credit him and his wonderful team with providing me with a new and better life.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

I feel like I won the lottery after my first appt with Dr. Scott Simon. He showed me my MRI and X-Ray results (no previous dr had ever done this.) When he concluded surgery was needed my eyes filled with tears, but instead of responding with "Don't worry dear, we do this all the time," he explained exactly what I could expect in terms of pain and how long it would take to get back to normal with absolute empathy and compassion. I never felt more assured and confident with a doctor than I do with Dr. Simon. He carefully answered my list of 20 questions. He educated me rather than selling me on surgery so that it was my decision, not his. He takes the time and makes sure all concerns are completely understood. My surgery is a success and recovery is exactly as Dr. Simon described. I couldn't be more pleased with how he treated me during my hospital stay and how competent, kind and compassionate he is. I consider Dr. Simon an expert in his field and will recommend him without hesitation.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2014

Very simply, Dr. Simon is one of the best physicians I have seen in my entire life! I had very severe/multiple lower back problems, and this wonderful man performed a complicated and long surgical procedure on me which post-op, left me with the ability to walk again! It is now almost four years post surgery and I am now virtually pain free and can exercise and perform activities with few restrictions. He is a gifted surgeon, has a great bedside manner, is extremely smart, has published many papers in academic journals, and has a wonderful office staff. I could go on and on with praise. One simply cannot say enough great and nice things about Dr. Simon. He is a smart and gifted neurosurgeon, and an all around gem of a person. I would trust him implicitly with any of my family members or friends, and if I ever needed any kind of neurosurgery in my life again, I would go to him without any hesitation whatsoever. He is an extraordinary man and physician.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2009

Dr. Scott L. Simon's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Scott Simon, MD is a neurosurgeon, specializing in the treatment of spinal disorders including operative and non-operative treatment of scoliosis. He is one of just a few physicians nationwide, trained in neurological surgery and orthopaedic techniques to treat scoliosis in adolescents and adults and has extensive experience in minimally invasive spine surgery.

• English