Ratings for Dr. George Michael

I have been Dr. Michael's patient since 1995 - he was not my choice but the previous Dr. Barnes was leaving and he was taking over her practice. His receptionists have worsened over time. I find his working hours very challenging for me. He doesn't seem to work a lot of time and his hours are very limited so a lot of times I've just gone to a walk-in. He's a nice person but always hesitant to refer or give medication - I guess that's a good thing as long as there is nothing serious. I believe he keeps up on his training as he offer's new advise everytime I see him. Overall, I would say he's an average doctor. He's not outstanding but I'm sure there are worse out there.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Last winter, my father had lumb infection that caused some bleeding in his mounth. He told him that his normal because he takes blood tiner because of his hearth and never sent him for more tests at the hospital. Now, my father is hospitalized with a serious lumb and kidney weakness. He is at the emergency care at the hospital, fighting for his life.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

Dr Michael is a real pro. He's helpful and direct, gets to the point and tells it like it is. The best doctor I have ever had by far. He cares and know what to do to solve a health issue.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

i have been seeing Dr Micheal for 15 years and I love him. He always take the time to listen and offers me different options. I had one specific concern and he refered me right away to a specialist. My 2 sons now young adults have started to see him and they feel the same way about him. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2012

He is human, has his faults but he cares. You never feel like a number. He is passionate about his patients staying ALIVE and HEALTHY. Not afraid to call you out when you ignore/neglect his prescriptions. Honest, caring and knowledgable. He has helped our family of 5 tremedously, specially my eldest son who was diagnosed with ADHD and ODD. Our kids love him. Definitely a keeper!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2012

I have Dr Micheal as a doctor since about 1999, he is very professional, prudent and conservative; exactly what you want from your doctor. I recently had a chest pain that sent me to the hospital in ambulance, dr Micheal followed up with me to have news. I feel very lucky to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2012

This doctor does not like women. He was very harsh and rude and made assumptions about my lifestyle that he did not bother to discuss with me or believe me. Go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2012

Very compassionate and understanding eventho the office is obviously busy.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2012

He believes that he is God. HE thinks he knows everything but he doesn't. He is not trained to do any psychology but he says he can do that. Please be careful because he can cause you a lot of problems because of his lack of training in psychology. As well, he is condesending!!! I am actively looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Michael since he worked at Carleton University. I find him to be very knowledgeable and admits when he isn't sure of something. He often gives alternatives, even if he doesn't necessarily support them. He has always taken my concerns seriously...even when I haven't.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2010

Dr. George Michael's Credentials

• McGill University (Grad. 1989)